Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lodging money / tax

Options
  • 14-01-2009 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

If I lodge €10,000 into my bank account do I need to pay tax or anything on it? Is there a certain amount you can lodge without paying tax on it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

As far as i know u only pay tax on any interest accrued on the 10 but nothing on ur original deposit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭biggus

If its your money you can lodge and no tax,
    However if you have not got a legitimate reason for having this money there will be a record of the lodgement for all time ( as Bertie found out) So as long as there are no tax implications (gift,untaxed earnings or profits) your fine. If you won it in a bookies keep a photocopy of the cheque.

Enjoy € 10k in cash will buy some value in 6months time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 gary01

Great, thanks for the replies. Didn't want to have to keep it under my mattress!! :D

Cheers

Advertisement