Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What song converted you?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

Metallica for me, the Black Album. Not alternative at all but it opened up a world of music and genres for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭loveissucide

A copy of The Dark Side Of the Moon left sitting about.Listened to it religously from age 14-16.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭anti-venom

Atmosphere by Joy Division and L.A. by The Fall. Both songs completely changed the direction of my tastes, thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

The first music I would say converted me though was the double bill at Christmas 96.

My brother had got the first U2 Best Of and also got my father the first Best of Bowie compilation. Coupling that with him getting a hi fi that year we spent the entire day listening to U2 and Bowie. Being told, at 8 years old, that these four lads playing these incredible songs started off in THIS country and went on to conquer the globe just blew my mind. And Bowie of course, just an incredible songwriter, every track hit me like a freight train.

And please don't bother informing me how s**t U2 are, I've heard it all already, I know how much of a plank Bono is, fact of the matter is I'm a fan!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,247 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

To good music: probably when I heard the sample of Funkentelechy in the Ice Cube song "Dumb ****". I just had to get my hand on the original after hearing that and from there I discovered Parliament-Funkadelic, an exceptional band, and from there I got into funk and soul.

• Advertisement
Advertisement