Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

white witch of cobh!!

Options
  • 14-01-2009 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hi guys,
    just wondering if anyone can tell me about the white witch of cobh, i heard she was meant to be good and i would be interested in going to see her. only prob is i dont know how to contact her????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

If she is that good she will come to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

We don't need witchcraft to beat Sale!

MC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Tupins

I know of a few people who've been to see her. Some say she was brilliant others say she was rubbish. I believe that if you want her to be good then she will be, as in people will always believe what they want to believe and see/hear what they want to see/hear.

As exciting as it may seem, most of these fortune tellers will charge a lot of money for sharing their 'gift' with you - anywhere from €60 upwards I'm told.

I wouldn't waste my money tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I know a couple of people who were told very generic things that they were disappointed by. She told another girl I knew that her mother would be dead within 3 years, which I thought was terrible form (and it turned out she was wrong, the mother in question is alive about 8 years on). I'd hang onto your money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Went to her..rubbish!
    Cost: E20 iirc.

Still have her mobile I think..PM me if you want it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Fast_Mover wrote: »
    Went to her..rubbish!

You stole her mobile? Bad form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

^ Ha..Got a giggle outa that!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

She used to be good but shes a bit too fond of the drink for a few too many years she just gives generic answers now, not worth it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tracyo51

Went to her..rubbish!

hi there i live near cobh, and i have noticed that alot of u say that she got some things wrong or shes RUBBISH:mad:. i dont think this is accurate as in 2002 a girl had gone to her and helen didnt want to give her a reading as she was not able to say bad things as that wud affate for ability but the girl procested to get a reading as she would leave the white witch of cobh took out a pen and paper and wrote something on it put it in an envolope
    and told her not to open it till she gets home, as she made the girl leave she said i will pray for u. the girl left and on the way home and she crashed and the car went up in flames and on the arrivel of the paramedics they found the note in purfect condition on the passengers seat when they opened the envolope it said R.I.P and sence then it has afficated her ability a little bit.

but my sister gos to her every month and every month she is exactly right its a thumbs up for me.:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Seriously folks, read a book. Educate yourself. At the very least, read this one article. If you get through that and think "christ, what was I like", read Bad Science by Ben Goldacre next. Then ask a mod to delete your posts above, so you won't google yourself in 5 years time and see what a gullible, naive moron you were 5 years previously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

dahamsta wrote: »
    Seriously folks, read a book. Educate yourself. At the very least, read this one article. If you get through that and think "christ, what was I like", read Bad Science by Ben Goldacre next. Then ask a mod to delete your posts above, so you won't google yourself in 5 years time and see what a gullible, naive moron you were 5 years previously.

Well said!

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool. " - William Shakespeare

"Pity the fool." - Mr. T

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Cant believe people still believe in this crap...

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

It's normally people who are vulnerable or are hoping to hear something who go to the likes of this lady. The power of suggestion is huge and people believe and hear what they want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Burn the Witch!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

tracyo51 wrote: »
    hi there i live near cobh, and i have noticed that alot of u say that she got some things wrong or shes RUBBISH:mad:. i dont think this is accurate as in 2002 a girl had gone to her and helen didnt want to give her a reading as she was not able to say bad things as that wud affate for ability but the girl procested to get a reading as she would leave the white witch of cobh took out a pen and paper and wrote something on it put it in an envolope
    and told her not to open it till she gets home, as she made the girl leave she said i will pray for u. the girl left and on the way home and she crashed and the car went up in flames and on the arrivel of the paramedics they found the note in purfect condition on the passengers seat when they opened the envolope it said R.I.P and sence then it has afficated her ability a little bit.

any link to this, if something like that happend it would be reported somewhere, smells like bs to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

jap gt wrote: »
    any link to this, if something like that happend it would be reported somewhere, smells like bs to me

It is pure and utter bs. Someone else told the same story only when she walked down the town she opened the letter and somehow a car jumped the pavement and knocked her down...:rolleyes:.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I wonder is tracyo51 the witch.... why else would someone bump a thread 19 months with their first post !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

tracyo51 wrote: »

but my sister gos to her every month and every month she is exactly right its a thumbs up for me.:)

sorry to say tracy i live 5 minutes walk from her and i've got a bit of a story for you and your sister

Helen is lying cheating scum, she made her name in the 80's/90's
    by fluke and decided to capitalize on it, by charging people huge money for generalizing comments
    1. if she was genuine she wouldn't be charging people
    unlike another ''reader'' in cobh who never charges people unless they insist on paying, that is
    2. that car accident story is rubbish, yet another load of bull**** helen made up in order to bump up business (while also trying to justify soo many inaccuracies)
    3. a more personal experience. i was doing a bit of food shopping in town a few years ago in a shop my mother had worked in and along comes helen stops dead in the middle of the shop and groans ''there is a smell of death in this shop '' she said to us ''someone is going to die'' now i should also point out that there was nobody else in the shop except for the shopkeeper. so we kept an eye out for a month or 2 and surprise surprise nothing happened absolutely fúck all (besides scaring the **** outta my mother) nobody related to us, no friends, not even pets, not even the shopkeeper :D

morale of the story dont waste your money on helen barrett
    go to a genuine reader/clairvoyant whatever you want to call them
    and stop funding that ****ing cow

some recent prophecies of helen too
    every one of these summers she said ireland will win the world cup
    yes i know there was no world cup in 1997 or 2005 but she was ''predicting'' the world cups in the following year

2007 ireland will be targeted by terrorists
    2009 ireland will come into huge wealth through oil and gas
    where the government has just given away €300bn of oil off the coast of mayo
    2008 (i think) where Cork and Ballincollig meet will sink under water in the next decade when a meteor strikes earth,
    we'll see about that

oh and the best of all in 1998 she said she knew diana would die and naturally people were shocked and amazed until somebody stood up and said ''wait she died in 1997''

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

she also claims to know where maddie is :rolleyes: people must be getting money very handy if they will throw it at this eejit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭cordub

she told me 4 years ago that david beckam would be killed in a car crash !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 laur 2k6

Went to her..rubbish!

hi i was wondering could I get the number of the white witch of cobh?

It's 087 666 ZOMG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

She turned me into a newt!

I got better.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Sue_2

sorry to say tracy i live 5 minutes walk from her and i've got a bit of a story for you and your sister

Helen is lying cheating scum, she made her name in the 80's/90's
    by fluke and decided to capitalize on it, by charging people huge money for generalizing comments
    1. if she was genuine she wouldn't be charging people
    unlike another ''reader'' in cobh who never charges people unless they insist on paying, that is
    2. that car accident story is rubbish, yet another load of bull**** helen made up in order to bump up business (while also trying to justify soo many inaccuracies)
    3. a more personal experience. i was doing a bit of food shopping in town a few years ago in a shop my mother had worked in and along comes helen stops dead in the middle of the shop and groans ''there is a smell of death in this shop '' she said to us ''someone is going to die'' now i should also point out that there was nobody else in the shop except for the shopkeeper. so we kept an eye out for a month or 2 and surprise surprise nothing happened absolutely fúck all (besides scaring the **** outta my mother) nobody related to us, no friends, not even pets, not even the shopkeeper :D

morale of the story dont waste your money on helen barrett
    go to a genuine reader/clairvoyant whatever you want to call them
    and stop funding that ****ing cow

some recent prophecies of helen too
    every one of these summers she said ireland will win the world cup
    yes i know there was no world cup in 1997 or 2005 but she was ''predicting'' the world cups in the following year

2007 ireland will be targeted by terrorists
    2009 ireland will come into huge wealth through oil and gas
    where the government has just given away €300bn of oil off the coast of mayo
    2008 (i think) where Cork and Ballincollig meet will sink under water in the next decade when a meteor strikes earth,
    we'll see about that

oh and the best of all in 1998 she said she knew diana would die and naturally people were shocked and amazed until somebody stood up and said ''wait she died in 1997''

Would be interested in the other person in cobh you refer to.... any info would be great thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Michelle924

Hi, I was just wondering if you could message me her number? Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Jesus save your money...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

The mind boggles that in 2012, one would even consider going to visit this charlatan.

Science,logic and reason are around now you know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭fataltragedy

I've never been to Helen in a "reading" sense - nor have I ever given her any money.

However, I did, through work, encounter her a few times and both times found her to be someone easy enough to chat to, and interesting to talk to as well - not that that condones anything that may or may not happen through her work. But as a person, whilst a little eccentric, there was no "evil monster" vibe off her or anything :)

• Advertisement

A lot of these people believe their own bull, or at least the core of it, which is partly why people find the nonsense they spout credible. It remains nonsense though, and they remain thieves.

Advertisement