Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

maps of waterford - where can I get them online?

Options
  • 14-01-2009 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭

Looking for maps of the county, ordnance survey specifically. Can these not be downloaded online? I've googled it but can't find a thing.......

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I think you have to buy them im afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭sadhbhc15

Yeah, after much googling I'm thinking you're right Sully. Thanks for the reply!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

sadhbhc15 wrote: »
    Yeah, after much googling I'm thinking you're right Sully. Thanks for the reply!

Its something to do with Copyright laws and all that malark.

I suppose the Google Maps ain't any good as they don't have the specific detail the OS maps would?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭sadhbhc15

Yeah I need the grid referencing and stuff so google just isn't cutting it this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭cml387

This online jobbie from the OSI gives Irish grid references:

http://ims0.osiemaps.ie/website/publicviewer/main.aspx?id=&utype=&ecom=S1&user=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,464 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The very detailed ones are very expensive, but if you are a student you can get them much cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

They are available from the Book Centre in Waterford - they have a desk there where you can get OSI maps.

Perhaps if you called them and knew what you wanted they could print them and send them to you!

Book Centre: 051 873823

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

There was a decent online mapping software posted on boards somewhere (just before christmas) that had a very detailed mapping level of Waterford and included elevations and the like if thats any use ? Cant remember where it was posted but maybe someone else knows what i'm on about.

If its definitely got to be OS level stuff then as the others have said its going to have to be purchased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 obscurething

This link might be useful:

http://www.waterfordcountylibrary.ie/en/localstudies/historicmaps/historicmapsonline/

I was able to click on 'Historical Mapping Service'

Advertisement