Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best turbo motor?

Options
  • 14-01-2009 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭

I'm planning on getting a turbo motor and was wondering what peoples experiences are with them?

I have heard that the systemas are far too fussy, and that g&p120's are the best.

How would an eg1000 compare to these motors? As I can get one of these easily in Ireland.

Any advice and personal experience with rof and reliability is appreciated,

Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

theres very little,(if any) noticeable difference in performance between the Systema Turbo, G&P M120 and the TM EG1000.

the systema is a grand motor but over priced and the pinion gear on it is sh1te., I have one in my custom DMR/SPR thingy.
    The G&P M120 is a grand one out of the box but i did have problems with one being fractured at the bottom even before i installed it, see pics below.

3077342459_f15f30f5a3.jpg

3078174182_5158282523.jpg

The TM EG1000 is the one ive been running in the G36 for a long time and its still giving an impressive ROF with no hicups at all.

Out of them all i would get either the G&P or the TM, the systema is just too expensive for the same performance as the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

g&p120 all the way, i have 4 at the moment running in 3 version gearboxs, i can not recommend them more, i got them for 25usd each bargain compared to the price of other motors out there, second place has to go to the tm eg1000

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Thats what I had heard also, might ask about the g&p120.

Edit: Is it worth asking Tony to get in a g&p120 or should I just get the eg1000? Is there a big difference in cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

The Turbo is WAY faster than an EG1000 :/ The EG1000 is an all round motor, but a bit more torquey than it is fast and although the turbo is a few rps faster than the G&P M120, the G&P is much more reliable.

So go for it, Guarder one is the same speed as the Turbo, I'm using them atm and all good so far, although I've heard reports of them dieing in similar ways as the Turbo's do.

So g&p120 is what I want? Not systema as they are fussy.

Reliability is important too, and I wont touch systema from what I've heard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

What exactly are you wanting? ROF? Get the G&P M120.

If your wanting trigger response/ torque, get the Magnum (still give fantastic ROF), needs a few mods to make it last, but it should :P

You must have had a dodgey EG1000 beast, comparing them all in the 1 AUG gearbox they all performed pretty much the same,., I compared systema and TM in the ACM P90 too and there was nothing in it..,

Sam, the G&P and TM are pretty cheap so its whatever you prefer yourself, I have both and their great.,:)

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭desertstorm

on the topic of motors, how does the G&G's stock motor perform in comparison with the likes of the previously mentioned motors?

They have 2 main types, a high speed in the high ends and a normal in the budget line rifles.

Both are nice and solid, the budgetline one still gives a good ROF and has a rock solid pinion gear. the pro line has a really good motor giving a great ROF.,

Yeah I think I'll get an eg1000 then.

Thanks lads.

• Advertisement
Advertisement