Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Tocco

• 14-01-2009 7:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,232 ✭✭✭

Hi guys. I can't believe I have to ask these questions here but no amount of fiddling with the phone or leafing through the manual seems to give me the answers I'm looking for.

Recently got the Tocco as part of a new contract (fantastic phone by the way, highly recommended) however there are a few small annoyances. The phone itself seems to protest every so often that it doesn't have enough memory to take in any new SMS message even if I delete messages from the outbox. Is there a way of changing this?

Also it doesn't seem to have an option to set a custom tone for incoming SMS / MMS / Emails. Anybody know if this is possible?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭fattestman

I got the phone only this weekend so I don't know it well enough yet to be able to answer any of your questions but I do have a question that you may be able to answer for me.

Is there any way of storing more than 100 appointments on the damn thing? It's going back to the shop as I've a fairly full calendar and want to sync it all to the handset.

Anyway, if you can, I'd appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

I am having the same problem with the messages. There is only a small amount of the memory full yet it keeps giving me error messages saying I have to delete the texts. Anyone have a fix?

With respect to the tones: Menu -> Settings -> Phone Profiles

Then hit "Edit" , you should now have three tabs. The message tone settings are in the middle.

With respect to this phone: I HATE IT. It is not user friendly, the menu selections are not at all intuitive (See above, wouldn't you think that the message tones would be in "Tones" or "Message Settings"?) , it is not customisable and to do my regular phone functions (send text messages, set alarms etc) requires pressing about 8 buttons more than I used to with my sony.

I highly do not recommend this phone. Had sonys for years and will go back to them as soon as possible. I've been using the tocco for three months now and it's not growing on me at all.

Boo from me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Spider_Piglet

dafunk wrote: »
    I am having the same problem with the messages. There is only a small amount of the memory full yet it keeps giving me error messages saying I have to delete the texts. Anyone have a fix?

With respect to the tones: Menu -> Settings -> Phone Profiles

Then hit "Edit" , you should now have three tabs. The message tone settings are in the middle.

With respect to this phone: I HATE IT. It is not user friendly, the menu selections are not at all intuitive (See above, wouldn't you think that the message tones would be in "Tones" or "Message Settings"?) , it is not customisable and to do my regular phone functions (send text messages, set alarms etc) requires pressing about 8 buttons more than I used to with my sony.

I highly do not recommend this phone. Had sonys for years and will go back to them as soon as possible. I've been using the tocco for three months now and it's not growing on me at all.

Boo from me!

I was considering getting this phone.
    ...glad I came on here and did a search first though :)

I might reconsider now.

...any suggestions for similar better phones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭fattestman

...any suggestions for similar better phones?

I ended up opting for a Nokia E71 which I love more than my own liver. I'd gone off Nokia for a few years but this baby's a beait.

Advertisement