Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanks

Options
  • 14-01-2009 7:27pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭

Well as most have you have probably noticed by now, there's a new sheriff in town. Be nice to him btw, he's a good guy. Well most of the time. ;)

The Ladies Lounge has become one of the busiest forums on boards, and with the increased traffic staying on top of the moderation of the forum is essential. While there were always moderators around during the evening, we felt we were a bit light during the day, especially as other commitments recently started to eat into the time the moderators could spend here. The decision was taken to bring in someone who would be around to look after the place during the day, and tbh you couldn't do much better than Wibbs.

However, despite increased numbers of male posters lately, I have always been of the opinion that this forum is for the women of Boards, and as such should be moderated by the women of Boards. Having one male mod is fine, more than that is unacceptable imo as it sends out the wrong message that guys will ultimately take over every forum on Boards, regardless of what it is. Maybe not everyone shares this view and thinks it's ok to have more than one guy modding here, but that's my opinion on it, and for this reason I decided to retire. Right now the forum needs Wibbs during the daytime more than it needs me. :)

I assumed the modship here under what can only be described as rather unusual circumstances, and as it really started off as a bit of a joke tbh I wasn't sure how well it would go down with the regulars here. However, I have to say that I've never been made feel anything less than welcome here and I've thoroughly enjoyed my time modding tLL. There's a great crowd of posters here and you should all feel proud for helping turn the forum into the success it is today. I'd also like to thank my co-mods for all their help and support (and occasional indulgence when I couldn't help myself being a boy ;)), they're a lovely bunch of ladies.

So that's it really, if anyone needs me I'll be banning tards in PI instead of here (I should point out that it was purely coincidental that that job came up at the same time as me quitting here, and it had no bearing on me stepping down) and no doubt I'll see lots of you at future beers or when I drop in here occasionally.

Thanks again, it's been fun.

Zaph

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Isn't this like letting a kid into a chocolate factory? :pac:
    or an alco into a brewery?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I'm not all too certain about what is happening here, Zaph was mod here, (and is male, news to me) is stepping down, is anyone taking over from him???

I am utterly confused, it's like watching American Football!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Why does everyone think Zaph is a girl? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Zaph wrote: »
    Well as most have you have probably noticed by now, there's a new sheriff in town. Be nice to him btw, he's a good guy. Well most of the time. ;)

and tbh you couldn't do much better than Wibbs.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

<3 ya Zaphy! I mean... Zayphy... :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Well done Zaph and welcome Wibbs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭St Bill

Well Thaedydal, you just had to tempt fate with your 'It's great to have a male mod like Zaph around here' didn't ya?:p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

You have no idea what those kind words of Zaph cost me. My paypal and bar tab is wrecked.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Good show ole boy :-)

/Tips hat to Zaph

Wibbs..

/licks lips

:-D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Bye and thanks to Zaph & Hello to Wibbs :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Wait, if there's only one male mod, and that's wibbs now, then is Karoma a chick lady??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Yes but she hides it well....... :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Also, why was I passed over for modship?? I'm ready! *cries self to sleep*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Brian, maybe you're the secret weapon? Shh, don't ruin it!

Sad to see you go Zaph!

Hi Wibbs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

Zaph, sad to see you go, you better still come out to LL drinks sometime! Good luck in PI ! Rather you than me!

Welcome Wibbs :) Good man for the job. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Woo!! I'm not the n00bie Mod on tLL anymore :D
    Zaph wrote:
    While there were always moderators around during the evening, we felt we were a bit light during the day
    ...which would generally explain my frequent cranky bitch episodes. Sorry about that Loungers :o

Zaph you've been a fantastic Mod in tLL and you're going to be sorely missed. Needless to say I hope you don't neglect us altogether when you've on to pastures new.

Wibbs, welcome to your new home. I get the distinct feeling you're going to fit right in ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Ha good luck Zaph, no really!

Welcome Wibbs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

janeybabe wrote: »
    Why does everyone think Zaph is a girl? :confused:

I still think Nerin is a girl everytime I see his username.

Some posters have very lady like, girly, big girls underware kinda names*

*not saying that Zaph and Nerin do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭Karen_*

Sorry to see you go Zaph, you did a great job. And yes I do agree there should be no more than one male mod on LL. Welcome Wibbs, can't escape you anywhere can we?:p

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

ZAPH!!!!! :eek: your really gone! I'll have to be on my best behaviour now!

/runs to PI

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Bye Zaph :p

*wonders how long it will take people to notice*

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Welcome Chinafoot!!

you're new too if I'm not mistaken??

I am indeed. Thanks :)

jaysus the ladies must be a rowdy bunch if there's that many mods needed! Welcome chinafoot!

jaysus the ladies must be a rowdy bunch if there's that many mods needed! Welcome chinafoot!

Well actually my sole job is to watch you. We're on to you mate.

:)

O.o

onto me how? (not that I mind having a lady watch me)

Also, I have my own mod now? Cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Rabies wrote: »
    I still think Nerin is a girl everytime I see his username.

Some posters have very lady like, girly, big girls underware kinda names

Hahahahahaha! :D

Sorry to see Zaph stepping down, I don't post here much but lurk a bit and have always considered him/her to be a great mod and an example of how modding should be done well.

Welcome to Wibbs and Chinafoot, big shoes to fill but I'm sure you will do great (even if Wibbs does have some problems in the "filling shoes" area :P)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Good Luck Zaph

Hard Luck Wibbs (and Chinafoot)

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

I though Zaph was a lady!!!! Good luck in PI (i've had to ban myself from there, i just want to take everyone home for tea and sympathy)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

WOO HOO

Zaph you're free at last

Welcome back old friend

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Advertisement