Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange Aviation Related Advert.

• 14-01-2009 7:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭

Did anybody see the small advert in the "Legal" column of last nights Evening Herald.(Jan 13th 2009)

It read as follows:

" It is in the public interest that the operation of aircraft is properly regulated,from a safety and competitive point of view.
    It may be expedient to hold a PUBLIC INQUIRY see S.I 205 of 1997 PART III (22) INTO AIRCRAFT ACCIDENT REPORT 2002/002AAIU FILE NO2000/031"

What an odd advertisment.......has anybody any gen on this ..???

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

This is the report:

http://www.aaiu.ie/upload/general/3489-0.pdf

Don't know what the ad is about though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Lower41

I'd say its a Legal notice relating to a case for damages being taken against the operator (Ryanair) by the injured mechanic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Possibly as Lower41 states it`s a Legal Notice,however the wording is at the very least "strange" as it appears accusatory in nature with no actual point to the entire thing.

I reckon this will take wings yet.......:rolleyes:

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

Advertisement