Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

golden discs

Options
  • 14-01-2009 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭

Hi, Im heading to Galway tomorrow and want to know if there is still a golden Discs in Galway, as there is no mention of it on there website does anybody know if its still in Galway? thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

There is, on Eglinton St. It's ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

It's still there, but they had their closing down sale ages ago.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭cycling is fun

thanks will have a look 2moro was unsure it was still there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Why the hell do you wanna go there?

might see if there are any good dvds no harm in lookin right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

that place has had a continuous sale on for a very long time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

You do know that there is a HMV in Galway too?

In Edward square next to Topshop and Next.... in case you don't know already!!

yes l do know that there is a HMV in galway but thanks for reminding me will be going there also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

The goldendiscs in galway is an anomaly. I don't know how many times ive walked past and thought "How the **** are they still open!?" They have had a closing down sale since they opened. It does looks like they are closing shop as Ive seen the auctioneer sign on top last saturday. If they don't go bust this year, Ill eat my own face.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Krieg wrote: »
    The goldendiscs in galway is an anomaly. I don't know how many times ive walked past and thought "How the **** are they still open!?" They have had a closing down sale since they opened. It does looks like they are closing shop as Ive seen the auctioneer sign on top last saturday. If they don't go bust this year, Ill eat my own face.

I'll hold you to that!

OP, you want to get a dvd in Golden Discs? That's like going to Lidl for a wedding dress!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

They have hardly any decent stock left, as they obviously are really closing down this time. I used to buy a few DVDs in there from time to time, they used to have a decent selection of unusual movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

A good few yrs ago, I lost my wallet just before XMAS, containing my XMAS wages, and £200 sterling I had saved for a shopping trip to Belfast.
    4 or 5 months later, I'd almost forgotten about it when I got a call at work from the owner or manager of Golden Discs (cyril, I think his name was) asking me if I had lost anything. I described the contents of the wallet, and to my utter joy (being pretty penniless at the time), he told me to call in - he had found it. I had no id in the wallet other than my name on a slip of paper, and he spent the guts of 5 months trying to track me down.
    When I called in to collect it, he wouldn't accept anything as a reward.
    To this day, I am still amazed by his honesty and effort in tracking me down.

dilallio wrote: »
    A good few yrs ago, I lost my wallet just before XMAS, containing my XMAS wages, and £200 sterling I had saved for a shopping trip to Belfast.
    4 or 5 months later, I'd almost forgotten about it when I got a call at work from the owner or manager of Golden Discs (cyril, I think his name was) asking me if I had lost anything. I described the contents of the wallet, and to my utter joy (being pretty penniless at the time), he told me to call in - he had found it. I had no id in the wallet other than my name on a slip of paper, and he spent the guts of 5 months trying to track me down.
    When I called in to collect it, he wouldn't accept anything as a reward.
    To this day, I am still amazed by his honesty and effort in tracking me down.

off Topic

Some People are good like that, l lost my wallet in Dublin one night about 2 yrs ago, had no idea what happened 2 it went looking on the streets retraced my steps nothing ,next day went to internet cafe to see if l had thrown it in the rubbish bin with my rubbish, on the way out got a txt from a girl l used to live with in rented accommodation , stating that a woman called Ann had dropped a note in the letter box stating that she had my wallet and was going to drop it in to my place of work,she had no car her self and did not know the house or area l lived in she is from down the country, apparently she walked in to a chipper spoke with the guy behind the counter and he or someone on his behalf drove to my old address and put that note in the letter box met her the next day tried to give her some thing for it but she declinded was very impressed by the fact that there are still people around like that

any ways back on topic,
    was not sure why people questioned me going to golden discs have been to most of them and ok they are not the best places to get dvds or cds but the one in galway would win prizes for been pure S^*T what a waste of time l could not find anything that l might even want to look at so much empty floor space

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Golden Disc's having a auctioneers sign over it doesnt mean golden disc's is going their only rent that place if I remember right.

They just to be very good in terms of selection, but we're talking about nearly 15 years ago....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭lt_cmdr_worf

Got the West Wing season 1-6 box there a few years ago.

Advertisement