Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Model Outlook Thread (< 120hrs Only)

Options
2»

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Interesting forecast from the met...
    It will continue very windy or stormy early Saturday night but winds veering southwest to west will decrease fresh overnight. There will be a mixture of clear spells and showers, some turning wintry as temperatures fall close to freezing point; however, the eastern half of the country will be mainly dry, with frost in sheltered places there later. Sunday will remain rather cold and breezy, with sunny spells and scattered wintry showers, although the east of the country will have only a few showers. There will be little change on Sunday night but a widespread sharp ground frost will set in as southwest winds moderate. Monday will be a very cold day, with freshening, westerly winds; wintry showers will affect the north and west but mostly sunny skies are likely elsewhere. Wintry showers will persist in the west and north on Monday night but the rest of the country will stay mainly dry and clear; another widespread sharp ground frost will set in. During Tuesday, wintry showers in the west and north are likely to spread to many other parts of the country, with a risk of significant snowfall. West to northwest winds will strengthen for a time also and it will bitterly cold.
    http://www.met.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Interesting forecast from the met...

:eek: "significant snowfall" is what I like to hear from the most conservative forecasters on earth.:D
    ps, can someone pm me explaining what happened on this forum last night and this morning (a thread has been deleted now) and needless to say, I'm confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

rc28 wrote: »
    :eek: "significant snowfall" is what I like to hear from the most conservative forecasters on earth.:D
    ps, can someone pm me exaplaining what happened on this forum last night and this morning (a thread has been deleted now) and needless to say, I'm confused.

rc28 , please don't go there, lets move on.
    Can people please stick to the topic.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Is that just the end of it then supercell, I think posters who missed the thread this morning won't have a clue what is going I think a locked thread explaining what happened is at least due to explain to posters the changes?

Villain wrote: »
    Is that just the end of it then supercell, I think posters who missed the thread this morning won't have a clue what is going I think a locked thread explaining what happened is at least due to explain to posters the changes?

Thats not a bad idea Villain, thanks.
    I will do this once the dust has settled as it were (maybe tomorrow), I'd kindly ask if anyone has any questions to hold their fire.
    For the moment lets just enjoy what's forecast for the next week, weather wise it looks sure to be eventful especially in the west where i think things could be really interesting initially moving eastwards early next week!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Meanwhile Sunday night/Monday looks very very interesting

Loads of precip associated with little lp running east.

850hpa temps around -4/-5c Dewpoints around 0/-1c and temps around 0-2c

Interesting!

Yep the GFS 12z run was pretty good. Still it has deepened the shortwave a tad more then we would like but the result is the same. A snow risk pretty much everywhere especially later in the night as the front heads off and the winds switch Northwesterly again. Windy too. Could be nasty if we get snow.

ECM is good aswell

Recm721.gif

Overnight snowfall on Sunday Night/Early Monday morning looks more and more likely.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/brack2.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭forkassed

:pac:nat02_weather.png?1818:)

Folks I'm going to temporally close this thread for the moment.
    I can see it becoming quite confusing with three active threads all discussing the weather in the near future.

Between the snow and the storm thread I somehow think this place is going to be very busy in the next week, lets hope there are some nice photos added to the weather pictures forum too.
    Enjoy what's coming, it looks like arguably the most exciting week weather wise this winter so far is about to begin :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement