Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how do I downgrade a gas shotgun

Options
  • 14-01-2009 8:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

How do you downgrade a green gas powered shotgun. This shotgun that I want to buy from my friend in the states said that it's single(not burst) shot chronos at 420fps with a .20g 6mm bb. Way over the joule limit. I really really really want this shotgun, so some advice please?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

It might not be that high by our own temperature, do you know what kinda climate he's in?

theres a few things you can do to drop the FPS a bit, you can add a collar inside the gas port to reduce the diameter of it, resulting in a lower power.,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

whats it chrono at with 134a gas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Turncoat

He's in Florida and the shotgun is a double barreled sawn-off shotgun. custom made - full metal and wood. I want that shotgun, a guitar case and change my name to El Mariachi or Badassiel. This shotgun will fulfill my Desperado movie collection craving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Turncoat

whats it chrono at with 134a gas?

I have no idea but I will ask my friend to do a reading with 134a gas as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

As Richie, or matlock as he's calling himself now said, adding some way of choking the flow of gas is the way to go.

Or if there is a striker valve it can have a stronger spring installed, or a weaker spring in the hammer.

Easiest is just adding an o-ring or similar to reduce the gas flow as above.

Unless its under 1 joule with hfc134a, thats what he'll have to do before sending it over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

you can make a low flow valve using chem-metal or quick steel, basically filling up the hole the gas flows through and drilling out a new hole.

start small and work your way up, measuring the fps after every increase in diameter drilled.

make sure to thouroughly clean the valve of any dust before re-inserting.

Advertisement