Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

parking ??????

Options
  • 14-01-2009 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

hey everyone just wondering about parking
    im traveling up saturday from cork for the event and havent a clue were to park in dublin :confused::confused::confused:..
    thank guys but really dont know our capital tat well ha ha :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Destructo wrote: »
    im traveling up saturday from cork for the event and havent a clue were to park in dublin :confused::confused::confused:..

There is parking at the O2 arena but get there early for that. There is also a lot of all night car parks in the city so you should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Destructo wrote: »

There's no parking at the O2 and I'd strongly advise against parking anywhere in the vacinity, ie Sheriff St area.

Either park in a city multi-story and make your way down the quays, or if you know how to get to Clontarf there's lots of free parking there and its not a long way from the venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Destructo

There is parking at the O2 arena but get there early for that. There is also a lot of all night car parks in the city so you should be fine.
    ah nice one thanks alot for ur help i was brickin it tat i wouldent find somewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

All day parking in Connolly Station car park for 7 euro and it's maybe a 10-15 minute walk down to the venue.

That's what I'd do anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Drunkmonkey79

Agree with Mairt, local parking should be avoided. As for night time parking, don't forget doors are 4ish so meters will be in effect and loading bays are out of the question until after 7pm!
    Pick one of the multistoreys in the centre of town and walk (follow the crowd) or get a Taxi.

• Advertisement

Mairt wrote: »
    There's no parking at the O2 and I'd strongly advise against parking anywhere in the vacinity, ie Sheriff St area.

Either park in a city multi-story and make your way down the quays, or if you know how to get to Clontarf there's lots of free parking there and its not a long way from the venue.

sound lad i reallly dont know the place that well but i guess ill surely find one of the multi storys

thanks for your help lads and enjoy the event

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Mairt wrote: »

My bad, I have not been to the new O2 yet and I was going on the parking they had in the Point.

thanks alot guys its much appreciated

franklin and shogun for the win:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Tell me where you're parking and I'll have someone "look after it" for you :D

The quays up near the Point are actually safe enough on event nights (and free) as long as you're driving away afterwards and not leaving it there overnight. Just give the lad who directs you in a euro to make sure he doesn't set his son on your motor.

Reminds me of the old apocryphal Dublin tale:
    Lad drives up from Cork to see his missus in the Mater Hospital. When he parks his car, a kid says to him "here mister, give me €2 to make sure your car doesn't get robbed". The fella points to his dog in the back seat and says "That Alsatian will look after it while I'm gone", to which the kid replies: "oh yeah? Can he put out fires?"

Lad drives up from Cork to see his missus in the Mater Hospital. When he parks his car, a kid says to him "here mister, give me €2 to make sure your car doesn't get robbed". The fella points to his dog in the back seat and says "That Alsatian will look after it while I'm gone", to which the kid replies: "oh yeah? Can he put out fires?"[/quote]

ha ha ha thats ****ing brillient

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Park in the Luas park and ride facility near the red cow roundabout. The smart GAA supporters park there when visiting Croke Park. The Luas leaves you at Connoly which is a 5-10 minute walk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Roper wrote: »
    Lad drives up from Cork to see his missus in the Mater Hospital. When he parks his car, a kid says to him "here mister, give me €2 to make sure your car doesn't get robbed". The fella points to his dog in the back seat and says "That Alsatian will look after it while I'm gone", to which the kid replies: "oh yeah? Can he put out fires?"

Or the one about the guy parking outside Noctors on Sheriff St...

Throws the 'Lock Hard' a Euro and asks if its ok to park there and if his car will still be there after the concert...

"Mister, park ANYWHERE in Dublin and your car will still be here tonight after the concert"

:mad:

Park in the Luas park and ride facility near the red cow roundabout. The smart GAA supporters park there when visiting Croke Park. The Luas leaves you at Connoly which is a 5-10 minute walk.
    ah sweet the red cow now theres some where i know in dublin and its on the corky road ha ha nice one thanks dude

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Maldini2706

You can park in the Jurys car park just off Northwall Quay for a fiver. There's a NCPS car park further up the quays that they charge people who know no better €15 to use. As someone above said you can park in the Connelly car park and walk about 10 mins down the road.

If you want to park in town there's a shuttle bus that goes from the Laughter Lounge on Eden Quay every half hour or so. €3 one way or €5 return.

Advertisement