Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTÉ DTT Tests: Mullaghanish

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Anchises

I rescanned and they all came back :)

I thought if i trescanned, I'd lose what was already stored and that would have made it more difficult to monitor for retune of signal. While tuned to RTE1 and dispalying 'no signal' , a sudden picture would have indicated return of service..... maybe that's strange logic ?

In any case -they are back.. Could it be that it *needed * rescanning due to some tweak at the tramsmitter end ?

A.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,726 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

On Mux 2 tonight from Mullaghanish the RTÉ 2 HD channel isn't showing any video but is carrying the audio for the channel.

No problems with the RTÉ 2 HD channel on Mux 1 Mullaghanish or Woodcock Hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭cillo2000

Hi Guys,

Now that Saorview has officially launched, has anyone seen their signal strength increase in the last few days? I e-mailed RTENL a month ago and they said Mullaghanish would broadcast at full power at the end of May/launch date.

This has been reflected in their coverage map - all previous blue areas (uncovered) are now green (covered).

I'm not sure if anyone will remember their signal strength before launch, but I would be interested to know.

Also is there anyone in the grey area (not covered) but still receiving a weak watchable signal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,726 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

cillo2000 wrote: »
    Now that Saorview has officially launched, has anyone seen their signal strength increase in the last few days? I e-mailed RTENL a month ago and they said Mullaghanish would broadcast at full power at the end of May/launch date.

My brother says his reception of Mullaghanish has become steady in the last few days, prior to that due to the location of his house, aerial etc there was fairly regular breakup. 94-97% signal strength and 100% signal quality now.

Advertisement