Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTÉ DTT Tests: Mullaghanish

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

Rippy wrote: »
    What's your exact location?

PM sent

(i dont want every lu-la knowing where i live... only selected lu-la's :D )

Hey Rippy..

Are u gonna offer me some help.. or are u just trying to track me down :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

any more update more music about turn on, I am awfully impatient!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Rippy

pa990 wrote: »
    Hey Rippy..

Are u gonna offer me some help.. or are u just trying to track me down :p:D

Sorry , forgot all about you. :eek:
    From where you are you are not gonna get a sniff of DTT from Spur Hill.
    Put up a good group A for Mullaganish. Not long to wait now.

Rippy wrote: »
    Sorry , forgot all about you. :eek:
    From where you are you are not gonna get a sniff of DTT from Spur Hill.
    Put up a good group A for Mullaganish. Not long to wait now.

Hmmm... that's not what i wanted to hear. :(

is DTT from spur hill running at the same power output as analogue ?

btw.. dtt from spur hill is showing up as Black fuzz on the neighbours analogue TV... so... maybe i will get a sniff of dtt from spur

UPDATE..
    Perfect DTT pic received from spur on c/d contract yagi. :D deeelighted :D

smell my finger

• Advertisement

Its like waiting for Christmas morning, dying to see the outcome!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,530 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Mullaghanish DTT IS not yet LIVE

Update: FALSE ALARM not Mullaghanish, I'm picking up Woodcock Hill on Ch. 47 with my antenna pointing to Mullaghanish (still very :D:D:D).
    I was surprised to receive the DTT signal from Woodcock Hill as the analogue signal is not receivable.

RTE 1, RTE 2, TG4 and the 4 radio channels. TV3 test card only. No epg info.
    Didn't have to do a scan on my Sony KDL-26V4500, pictures appeared when I selected digital on the remote control.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Antenna

pa990 wrote: »
    is DTT from spur hill running at the same power output as analogue ?

no, the DTT is much more powerful - 50 kW

also probably helping your reception is the lower channel (45) for RTE DTT - which would have somewhat better propagation (than the analogue channels on 53,57,60,63) in the distance to where you are (towards Macroom I think?). lower channels less affected by trees etc.

50kw :D Brilliant

I cant see my self taking up pay DTT.. but one day when it all becomes free (fingers crossed) i might have problems with the higher channels.

i'm going off topic here... back to Mulla

Mullaganish DTT testing has comenced this morning .
    I mux only at the moment, Ch 21 (471 mhz).
    All 4 Irish channels and radio present.
    C/N ratio > 27db (ok)
    VBER < 1 -6 (excellent)
    Quite low power , 20db below ch27 TV3. Received in Carrigaline. :D

• Advertisement

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭slegs

The rollout seems to be really gathering pace now. Cairn Hill, Woodcock Hill and Mullaghanish all active in last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Galway

Does anyone in the know have an idea when MAGHERA is due to go DTT?

Kippure, Maghera, Truskmore, Holywell Hill are still waiting.

RTÉNL has plans for new tranposers at Tonabruky just outside Galway city and in Loughrea. Kilduff is the midlands is also planned.

picking it up grand on Parents samsung (sound only as mpeg2 tv). Need to upgrade my own aerial, Rippy where in Cork can I pick up a wideband contract aerial or is it just dwyers for them?

TheDriver wrote: »
    picking it up grand on Parents samsung (sound only as mpeg2 tv). Need to upgrade my own aerial, Rippy where in Cork can I pick up a wideband contract aerial or is it just dwyers for them?

Better to get a group A than a wide band if you can. Contract aerials are also best avoided. Dwyers may have one or try KD Electronics in Ballycurreen.
    They are supposed to be trade only though.
    Or give me the job! :D

Thanks Rippy! As much as you would be my first choice, i prefer the diy route all the same! I need wideband as I currently have GpB contract aerial for Bandon relay and hopefully throw up a wideband like my neighbours have to get the whole lot altogether as they all point kinda the same direction, my gpb as it stands gets a weak signal for ch21 but not enough for DTT.
    What exactly do you mean by a contract aerial by the way??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,530 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

I pick up my analogue tv from Mullaghanish with amplified aerial and live in N.E. Co Limerick - nothing on Digital, signal is too weak.

According to the RTÉNL rollout schedule submitted with the DTT applications to the BCI last year, Mullaghanish will start at 20 Kw, increasing to 40 Kw (following Mast & Antenna Replacement) by the end of Q3 2009. Low power due to restrictions with other analogue transmitters. It will only transmit at full power (200 Kw) in 2012 after analogue switch off.

got mine working after throwing a colourking into the attic with a booster today, 9/10 quality. Have text but no epg. Bandon area

TheDriver wrote: »
    got mine working after throwing a colourking into the attic with a booster today, 9/10 quality. Have text but no epg. Bandon area

Well done. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭More Music

Some more interruptions for engineering tests on the way as they are going to be testing the various RF channels.

As we all know the the RTE PSB MUX is CH21.

21 (474MHz)
    24 (498MHz)
    25 (506MHz)
    28 (530MHz)

• Advertisement

Thanks More Music, any ideas if the interuptions will be long term and any chance of an epg sometime?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 MPEG4

The EPG is there, I get it on my M200...

i haven't been able to get it up to last night, have a panasonic z81

• Registered Users Posts: 20 MPEG4

This might explain that...

"Interesting thing about the Irish EPG stream - the Original Network ID in the EIT doesn't match the Original Network ID in the SDT (at least from the Greystones Relay anyway - haven't checked Three Rock) so DVBViewer couldn't find it automatically. I had to change it in the setup to force the EIT network ID. Maybe this is the cause of the problems some people are having with not seeing EPGs? It's not a problem for the Mvision, though. Probably will need to start a thread in the HTPC forum about this"

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59401133&postcount=138

thats very annoying, don't even get the now and next data! Not sure what I could do as the only settings on mine is the postcode, nothing else!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭steveq

I can't get EPG on my Z81 either and the signal is from Three Rock. It was there a couple of months ago but then went away.
    I also have an MVision 200 combo in a different room which does get EPG -- now and next with some gaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭keithoh

Same issue with my Z81, I'm getting my signal from Mt Leinster. Had the EPG about 3-4 weeks ago ,and then a message came up on the TV while I was watching it, saying a new DVB service was available and asked me to rescan. I rescanned and haven't had the EPG since.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭jimmyjim11

No pictures here to day :(

my epg on WIN Tv hvr 1100 is picking up channels programs but dose not show which channel :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

I don't know that particular EPG facility, but I'd assume the programme details are held in a file which was populated from the last time you had the DTT service tuned in, which is why you can see them now. The fact that the channel names are not present would indicate that it's just storing the ID numbers and depends on the actual transmission stream to retrieve the names.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭galtee boy

More Music wrote: »
    Some more interruptions for engineering tests on the way as they are going to be testing the various RF channels.

As we all know the the RTE PSB MUX is CH21.

21 (474MHz)
    24 (498MHz)
    25 (506MHz)
    28 (530MHz)

I know we should be grateful for at least having the 4 Irish terrestrial tv channels on the Dtt tests, but is there any chance of seeing other channels like BBC or ITV, when they start testing the other channels ( 24,25 & 28 ) ? I know they'll be encrypted when Boxer officially launches ( assuming they do launch ! ), but thought they might be fta for testing purposes ? or is there no chance of non Irish channels being used for tests ?

Advertisement