Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morning Trains

Options
  • 14-01-2009 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭

I am just curious if the 8.12am train from Balbriggan to bray is packed in the mornings, i.e. would I be likely to get a seat on it?

I have been getting the 7.33am train but I'm always mad early for college..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I am just curious if the 8.12am train from Balbriggan to bray is packed in the mornings, i.e. would I be likely to get a seat on it?

I have been getting the 7.33am train but I'm always mad early for college..

It's been a while since I've taken this train but getting a seat was usually impossible. I can only imagine that since there are now more people living in the town and commuting to work in the city centre, getting a seat is even less likely.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The 8:12 is usually the easiest morning train to get a seat on,still packed though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

I find it is the only train I can ever get a seat on.
    Gets me to work far too late.
    Seat vs Job - Job wins out lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Mehh

I get the 8:12 and usually get a seat, it's the best one in the mornings unless you're willing to get the 7:00 one. You just need to find a good spot to stand on the platform. Dammit I need that 45mins sleep on the train!

Things must've changed since I was heading to college :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Emerald Lass

last time I used the trains to work I half expected to see a load of people board the roof and a few chickens running around - it was like something out of Ghandi! not a seat to be had and that smelly woman (I'm sure plenty of you know who I mean!!!) ALWAYS managed to stand near me - no matter where I boarded or how hard I tried to avoid her! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Normally get the 6:17 train not a bother with seats:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Chinafoot wrote: »
    Things must've changed since I was heading to college :)
    Hello, middle age!! ;)

blastman wrote: »
    Hello, middle age!! ;)

:eek:

I consider myself quarter-aged actually!

Advertisement