Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many hours are you putting in?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I do about and hour and half every night, including my homework

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

It's grand and all to say 'Oh I do 4/5/6/24 hours of study every day', but how much of that is actually getting stuff done? I don't judge how well I've done on a particular day by how long I've spent studying, rather how much I've learned.

(..but if you really must know, it usually totals 4-5 hours.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

phase-3 wrote: »
    3 hours on a school night

Jesus Christ! It takes me more than 2 hours to do homework.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭postalservice

I assume that includes homework

Do as degausserxo says(except the 4-5 hrs part.....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭laura!

i never study. i hate it. at most i would manage an hour of it on a school night. but the way i see it... if i know off by heart what i have learned in that hour then i'm doing ok. i'm not concentrating on studying for the pres because i know i won't be able to do that much. i'm just focusing on the leaving cert. so with 4 months to go i think i'll be fine. and anyway its not i'm failing anything. i'm aiming for 450 points and i think i cna get that by just one hours study per night

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

I assume that includes homework

Do as degausserxo says(except the 4-5 hrs part.....)

Given, that includes a few tea breaks :P

• Registered Users Posts: 25 DavidMyster

i agree with laura from monaghan:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭bricky10

I'll be honest, I kind of ditch the homework and just study. I know most of you are saying homework is study but I just do it my way. For history I would usually get 4 Par's of an essay done a night. I'd like have that essay hopefully completed in 3 days max. Like I would set myself dates in which I would like things done. Always work's for me.

Who writes the mocks? The actual examiners that write the actual LC papers dont write em. So.................. theyre kinda BS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

laura! wrote: »
    i never study. i hate it.

I'm sure very few people ENJOY studying, but it's kind of a necessity.

I do After School Study for 2 hours every evening, and I usually fit in an hour of study on the bus as well, with my ipod jammed into my ears so I won't get too distracted. Yes yes, studying with music's not advised but it's better than sitting on a bus doing nothing...

When I go home it varies form me doing nothing to me doing something, depending on my mood. Some nights I'd be all about syudying for another 3 hours, or 4, when I get home. But usually I'd be doing well if i got 1-2 hours more in.

• Advertisement

bythewoods wrote: »
    I'm sure very few people ENJOY studying, but it's kind of a necessity.

I do After School Study for 2 hours every evening, and I usually fit in an hour of study on the bus as well, with my ipod jammed into my ears so I won't get too distracted. Yes yes, studying with music's not advised but it's better than sitting on a bus doing nothing...

When I go home it varies form me doing nothing to me doing something, depending on my mood. Some nights I'd be all about syudying for another 3 hours, or 4, when I get home. But usually I'd be doing well if i got 1-2 hours more in.

i actually know quite a few who enjoy studying :P

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

i havent started studying yet but i'm doing after school study mondy,tuesday and thursday plus my mocks dont start until the beginning of march so i have loads of time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

On schoolnights, I can only fit an hour of study in with all my homework, and on weekends, I siply cannot focus on doing anything for more than 10 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

i do afterschool study for 2 hours which is good but im always so so tired when i get home, so depending on my mood i might do another hour max, and at the weekends i do about 3 hours in total, taking friday as my day off!
    I'm the exact same except I do french grinds on a friday. Apart from trhat spot on. Supposed to be doin my final hour now tho!:mad:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

How long is your bus journey:eek:

Fad wrote: »

i do the same .... my bus takes one hour to get to school.... so annoying

laura! wrote: »
    i do the same .... my bus takes one hour to get to school.... so annoying

I know the feeling, 7 minutes on the train.........what a trek:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

Wow, didn't know De La Salle was so isolated that you needed an hour bus journey!

I have done about 10-15minutes a day so far. :( But, I have 2 weeks to study so I'm getting down to it. Then I have an entire week to study Biology :D

Fad wrote: »

Well, it's only like, 40 minutes or something. Traffic depending. It varies very much so. The hour includes the journey to school and the one home!

Absolute pain. I used to live a 5 minute walk from my old school. Them were the days.
    Gloom wrote: »
    Wow, didn't know De La Salle was so isolated that you needed an hour bus journey!

It's got a large catchment area! :P

Using the same avatar as me, wha? I mean, sure, I don't OWN it, but I am getting confused when I look at your posts.
    "Did i just say that?" keeps getting asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Using the same avatar as me, wha? I mean, sure, I don't OWN it, but I am getting confused when I look at your posts.
    That confuses me also. I look at people's avatars before their names.

I'm a freak that enjoys studying, but I'm doing an enjoyable course in college. Just you wait! Oh just you wait. (Also doing work when you're feeling guilty and unproductive is like an addictive drug. I may have a problem.)

• Advertisement

That confuses me also. I look at people's avatars before their names.

I do too! I'm often getting confused by other people using Fad's avatar. That little tiger/animal of some description is HIS and I shan't have anyone else stealing it!
    I'm a freak that enjoys studying, but I'm doing an enjoyable course in college. Just you wait! Oh just you wait. (Also doing work when you're feeling guilty and unproductive is like an addictive drug. I may have a problem.)

There are some things I enjoy studying, I have to admit. Although most things, not so much.

Biology, for example, is beautiful. Maths, lovely. Chemistry, also somewhat lovely. Irish, bearable

Then there's things like FRENCH. What a horrible and disgusting subject! And English! When it comes to studying it I just want to die, just a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

Well, it's only like, 40 minutes or something. Traffic depending. It varies very much so. The hour includes the journey to school and the one home!

Absolute pain. I used to live a 5 minute walk from my old school. Them were the days.

It's got a large catchment area! :P

Ack, sorry! I'll change it!

*is currently looking for the avatar to suit HIM* May take a while. :P

I know what you mean, I always think of Piste when I see that Rosita avatar.

cautioner wrote: »
    On schoolnights, I can only fit an hour of study in with all my homework, and on weekends, I siply cannot focus on doing anything for more than 10 minutes.

Same here. Although the weekend just gone I actually did some Algebra, even though most of its easy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Gloom wrote: »
    Ack, sorry! I'll change it!

*is currently looking for the avatar to suit HIM* May take a while. :P

I know what you mean, I always think of Piste when I see that Rosita avatar.

Is that what my little fella's called? Rosita? Aw :)

Piste wrote: »
    Is that what my little fella's called? Rosita? Aw :)

Mine's called Big Chuck. :pac:

Oh, wait, the avatars...:p

I do too! I'm often getting confused by other people using Fad's avatar. That little tiger/animal of some description is HIS and I shan't have anyone else stealing it!

I get confused myself by it too:pac:

Kilaqueen? has it too, find myself thinking.........."I didnt post that?"

Its part of the fun of Boards :D

(Its Hobbes in case your wondering :))

Great! Thread's gone to ****!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭bricky10

Someone quick put this thread back to normal :)

...ALL THE HOURS?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Umm, I did some study over the weekend, but I tend to get bored/hungry/distracted by anything remotely shiney reallllly quick.

I have heaps to do for Irish (considering we've done none of the peotry/pros stuff, since oh, last year :() and tried to something tonight, but I was falling asleep trying. Anyone else completely wrecked?

Don't mean to derail the thread, but anyone want to tell me quickly how one might show everyones avators? I can't see them!

Advertisement