Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recurrent Dream

Options
  • 14-01-2009 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

I have had the following dream over and over again:

I'm swimming in the sea, near the shore, when I turn around and see this huge, and I mean HUGE, wave coming towards me. I start running for cover and this is when the dream can have two different endings:

a) I curl up in a ball on the sand and wait for the wave to break while holding my breath. The funny things is that when it finally breaks on me, I can still breath under the water.

b) I reach a nearby house and close all doors and windows, thus avoiding the water.

As you can see, in any case I'm safe and sound. Any ideas what this might mean?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

Maybe the wave represents your problems or stressors and depending on how you are coping at the time the dream ends differently. When the wave (of stress) hits you and you can still breathe then possibly you feel able to cope with the problems but when you run to house you feel you're not dealing??? Running for cover??

Just a thought!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Messy Missy

sambuka41 wrote: »
    Maybe the wave represents your problems or stressors and depending on how you are coping at the time the dream ends differently. When the wave (of stress) hits you and you can still breathe then possibly you feel able to cope with the problems but when you run to house you feel you're not dealing??? Running for cover??

Just a thought!!!:D

That makes sense!

Thanks! :D

Advertisement