Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A garage to rent and plot of land?

• 14-01-2009 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hi all

Cant remember if i posted on this already or not but where could I find a plot of land to grow my own veg in the Waterford area an allotment if you will, I know in England if you call the council they let you know where to go but i dont think its the same here!

I would like just a patch that id rent like outside the city in the direction of Kilmeaden Kilmacthomas any ideas?

Also where would i find like a garage basicly to do some work on my car that i car rent, like a lock up drive there and do a few bits on my car instead of in the rain in my drive in????

Ideas please!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,678 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I don't think you will get an allotment, but maybe you could ask around for someone with a garden that they don't want to (or can't) cultivate. Obviously you would have to be a bit careful about what you organised, but it might be worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Stan Nangle

There is an allotments group up and running in Ferrybank. Not sure if they have land yet. Here is a link to their website

http://www.irishallotments.net/?page_id=215

The Tramore Transition Town Group are talking to a couple of farmers and the Council about getting some land for an allotments project near the Town.

There was also a farmer from near Butlerstown who was talking about setting up an allotments project.

Let us know how you get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Multivan

There is an allotments group up and running in Ferrybank. Not sure if they have land yet. Here is a link to their website

http://www.irishallotments.net/?page_id=215

The Tramore Transition Town Group are talking to a couple of farmers and the Council about getting some land for an allotments project near the Town.

There was also a farmer from near Butlerstown who was talking about setting up an allotments project.

Let us know how you get on.

Well i know someone in Butlerstown who knows someone:cool: that may be lookin to give land over for this purpose!

But as you said we should keep posted!

Waterford City Council is according to alot of people the place to go to ask for land to be turned over!

I have 7 million things to do on a list but this is also on my list to do!

Just have alot on at the min but i would like to get around to this!

Advertisement