Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Results 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

435(did not expect it)

English B2 (H) shocked!
    Irish A2 (O)
    Maths B3 (O)
    German B1 (H)
    Geography B1 (H)
    Biology A1 (H)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭the_wheel_turns

545 with A1s Irish,English agus French!!

over the moon!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Holding out for TCD Law now, could be dodgy, but hopefully I'll just edge my way in :P!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

380!well pleased!!course was 360 last year so fingers crossed!!

congrats everyone lets go P-A-R-T-Y!!!!!!!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭SugoiHito

Woooh I got 555 points!!

English(H) - A2 (really happy about english!Its not even my native language!)
    Maths(H) - A2
    Geography(H) - C1 (disappointed,always been an A1 student!)
    Spanish(H) - C2
    Biology(H) - A1
    Russian(H) - A1
    Japanese(H) - A2
    Art(H) - B1

Im hoping to do Physiotherapy but the number of people who applied for it is higher this year so points will go up but hopefully Ill make it!:)

Well done to everyone,you did great!!Enjoy tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Inspired171

UnDeNiAbLe wrote: »
    i got 540.........much better then expected!
    english(H).....A1
    Accounting(H)......A1
    business(h).....A1
    biology(h).....A1
    irish(o)........B3
    maths(o).....A2
    french(H)...C1
    lcvp.....distinction !!

hey does this seem enough for medicine? im so worried !!!! i got 135 for h-pat......and add the hear points 40....a total of 715.....plz plz som1 tell me

eh how does 540 + 135 make 715??!! You're pulling the extra 40 points from where?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

From HEAR, the Higher Education Access Route.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Inspired171

Who is eligible for those points? Never heard of it before!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Cathal_91

345 yup
    with no study...just proves the leaving cert is aloud of ****e!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

People from disadvantaged areas, afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Got 365. :( Counting only 5 subjects. Somehow managed to get an E in higher English which was seriously unexpected! I took ordinary Irish because i didn't plan on counting it. I need 400 to be safe for my number 1. Was talking to my English teacher and she said to make sure to appeal it. But am just wondering if i do get moved up to a D and get the extra 45 points after it is checked will it have any effect on my course selection. Oh and does an E in English enable me to actually get in to college. ??:confused:

You should definitely get the English rechecked, the marking of it is so subjective. Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Cathal_91

me? sorry posh boy, your stuck up your own arse little fagot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Who is eligible for those points? Never heard of it before!

It's for students from socio-eoconomically disadvantaged areas, or students who went to schools with little history of prgression to 3rd level.
    Their webiste is here

Anyway, on topic: Big congratulations to everyone getting their results today. Hopefully the CAO Gods will be kind to you Monday. :)
    And if you're disappointed with your results, remember there are other ways to get the course you want. The Leaving Cert is NOT the be all and end all.

Oh, and if you feel like you deserved higher marks, make sure to view your scripts. If you still feel afterwards that you were marked unfailrly, get your paper rechecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

I was aiming for 450, though to be honest I thought I may only get 400-ish which is great but not enough for my course.
    I expected that much because the exams all went shaky and coming out of there in June, I had no idea how I did.

At 10.20 this morning, I found out I had achieved 535 points. :eek:
    Words cannot express how surprised and delighted and emotional I am right now.
    I achieved an A1 in English. NOT EXPECTED!
    And my two worst subjects, Economics and History [particularly History] I achieved an A2 and B2 respectively. History was the worst exam I've ever sat in my life. Ever. Didn't finish ANY of the essays.
    I'd just like to thank whoever my examiner was for being lovely.

Well done to all those who achieved what they wished and to those of you who did not, well done for coming this far. You have a world of options ahead of you so don't think you've placed all your eggs in one basket ;)

Cathal_91 wrote: »

wtf? you can't talk to people here like that. You're banned now for 10 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

got 405!

real happy!

science ucd anyone! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

does an E in English enable me to actually get in to college. ??:confused:

with some colleges you only have to pass one of irish or english.

with others they will accept an E on a higher paper for matriculation if you can compensate in something else.

you need to check the websites of the colleges you applied to or else wait till monday

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Gear9992

Cathal_91 wrote: »

wow you need to get your eyesight checked mate, he wasn't even talking about you, and oh yeah, calm the fcuk down

Ok stop backseat modding, he's been dealt with, time to get back on topic!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭iwannagoonstric

I did the leaving in 2001, took a year out, did one year of Legal Studies, have a degree in business, worked for 4 years in not very good jobs.

I've always wanted to be a primary school teacher. The Irish requirement held me back. I did ordinary level in junior cert and in leaving cert 01. I finally decided to bite the bullet and not let a little thing like studying hold me back.

I spent the last 18 months teaching myself the irish course. I sat and went through everything. I remember buying the exam papers all those months ago and saying, oh holy ****, even these are in Irish. Cuir sios, put down - put down what - - - oh descibe - obviously ????

I had a dictionary and was translating every bloody word. I studied like a b**tard, worked my wee ass off, learning verbs, tenses, fecking, dom, orm, liom, mo, whatever. And it paid off, I needed a C3 and got a C1. I know that some people will think thats poor enough, but I don't care, I am so fecking delighted.

So my advice to anyone who hasn't got the grades or points they wanted, don't worry. There is always option B, C, D. Re-sit it, do a PLC, try NI or the UK. But just go out tonight and live it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭~me~

well done everyone! just be happy its over no matter what you got! have fun tonight! you ALL deserve it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Prowetod

Delta Kilo wrote: »
    Is this funny or what, Last night I made 500 posts and signed out. Didn't post again until I got my results...and I got 500 points....Damm it I should have kept posting!:D

Weren't you a regular poster here on the LC forum before yesterday?:confused:

Congrats on getting 500 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bcarey1

got 600 points.

cannot believe it:D:D seriously happy rite now

Irish- A1 higher
    Maths- A1 higher
    German- A1 higher
    Physics- A1 higher
    Chemistry- A1 higher
    Applied Maths- A1 higher

English- A2 higher

im goin for medicine but i still dunno if i have enuf. i got 160 in the hpat(67 %tile)

dats 560 + 160 = 720............hope its enuf:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

All higher level

English;C2, very peeved off about that, dodge results all round in our school
    Irish; C2, delighted, got a b in ordinary level junior cert
    Maths; A1 - onlyone in the year, delighted!
    Physics; A2 - Thought i might have scraped an A1 but clearly not
    Applied Maths; A1 - expected it tbh
    DCG; 1- was confident enough in it once again
    French; B3 - Happy enough, had a shocking teacher, damm easy paper made me think it went very well though!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 pureirishsugar

absolutely delighted, still walking on air with my 575

got a1's in french, english, biology and chemistry
    a2 in irish
    b1 in physics

i'm over the moon, came up a full 75 points from my mocks!
    with my 192 in the hpat, iv got 747, which fingers crossed will be enough to get me into medicine!
    roll on tonight is all i can say!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I got 360 :pac:

Thank christ for the HEAR! If the points stay the same/go down I should hopefully get my course.

I'm not happy with my History result though.

English (H) - B2
    Irish (O) - B1
    Maths (O) - B2
    History (H) - B2 :mad: I think I deserved an A
    Chem (O) - C1 (Can't believe I passed it!)
    French (H) - C2. Down to my disasterous Oral, my written was brilliant
    Bio (H) - D2 (lol)

Anyway, fingers crossed. It's gonna be tight!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭melissavm

I'm DELIGHTED. Got 400 points, Bs and Cs in everything and got my A2 in Art (am i right in saying that is rare?).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

eoccork wrote: »
    Weren't you a regular poster here on the LC forum before yesterday?:confused:

Congrats on getting 500 though.

Sorry, should have said that I reached 500 posts!

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Anthony16

JSK 252 wrote: »
    Irish A2
    English A1 :D I never got an A1 in english from Martin my teacher.
    Mathematics B2
    Geography A1
    French A2
    Chemistry A1
    Biology A1
    Economics B1

= 580:D

Pharmacy UCC here we come!

Im slightly dissapointed with Irish and economics so Im defo going to view those along with the others.

I also got 580! A1's in accounting,chemistry,biology,irish,french, got a b2 in english and b3 in math.

Congrats to everyone who did well and comiserations to those who are disappointed,as i know quite a few

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Got 505! Incredibly happy with it.
    History-HL-A1
    English-HL-A2
    Religion-HL-A2
    Biology-HL-B2
    Physics-HL-B2
    Maths-HL-C2
    Irish-OL-B1
    German-OL-B3

I'm 150 points clear of my course, so there should be no worries next week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

celtic723 wrote: »
    anyone for Science in trinity?:D:D

ME! I'll see you there.
    phasers wrote: »
    I got 360 :pac:

Thank christ for the HEAR! If the points stay the same/go down I should hopefully get my course.

Anyway, fingers crossed. It's gonna be tight!

What course are you going for? Hope you get it :)

Advertisement