Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Results 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

495, so pissed, all I wanted to do was get 500 and I missed out on it by 5 fucking points.

English(H) - A2, unexpected, was expecting a B1

Irish(H) - B2

French(H) - C1, wtf? Seriously wtf? I got a B3 in the pre and my tape was woeful back then! Was expecting a B1/B2

Maths(H) - C3, great :D

Geography(H) - B1, pisstake, all I did was cram the night before!

Art(H) - B1, yay :)

Music(H) - B1, another wtf moment, I was expecting some sort of A! Got 88% in the pre :mad:

I needed 450 but that was never the goal, I always wanted to hit the 500 mark.

So yeah, 495, balls to that! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭nicola09

I got 580, pleasantly surprised because I got 540 in the mocks!
    English-A1
    Irish-A1
    French-A2
    History-A2
    Biol- A1
    Accounting-A1
    Maths-B2 (nearly failed mock but kept on honours so very relieved lol!!)

Hoping to do Law and Politics in Trinity...hopefully all the other people don't have 600 that would be bad lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 heeereees-jonny

i got 480... dunno how to feel doh?!? i thought i'd do better... like I got wanted! :s
    all Higher Level
    English B2
    Irish B3
    Maths B3
    Physics B3
    Economics B2
    Art B2
    German A2
    Applied Maths D1

i got 600/600 for my portfolio for IADT, so overall I'm on 1080 CAO points! nt too bad i suppose! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

495, so pissed, all I wanted to do was get 500 and I missed out on it by 5 fucking points.

Not meaning to be rude, LDG, but I'm not going to spare any tears for you! :)

You need circa 450, you got 495? ... go out and celebrate ffs!

Ok, a little disappointment at missing a personal goal I can understand, but you should still be celebrating and happy, not pished off!!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭emperor_krunchy

Irish (O) B3
    English (h) D1
    Maths (o)B2
    Geography (H) C1
    Spanish(H) D1
    (....goes downhill from here...)
    Biology (H) E
    Economiics (h) E

kinda sad i didn't do better the biology i know I'd fail
    but economics was due to a sickness on the day and day before hand of being in bed for hours and not being able to cramm :(

255 points needed 300 damnit!!

dont know what to do now
    stupid E's

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭xIsabelx

Ok, a little disappointment at missing a personal goal I can understand, but you should still be celebrating and happy, not pished off!!

Exactly! You'll never get anywhere if you set personal goals like that all the time. The pressure is coming from you. You got 495. That's spectacular, go and bleedin' celebrate!!

And for the record, I got a B1 in Music when I did my Leaving and I was thrilled. It's a great result! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

English(H) - A2, unexpected, was expecting a B1

Irish(H) - B2

French(H) - C1, wtf? Seriously wtf? I got a B3 in the pre and my tape was woeful back then! Was expecting a B1/B2

Maths(H) - C3, great :D

Geography(H) - B1, pisstake, all I did was cram the night before!

Art(H) - B1, yay :)

Music(H) - B1, another wtf moment, I was expecting some sort of A! Got 88% in the pre :mad:

Ya never know, there's always rechecks. For now just go out and celebrate!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

255 points needed 300 damnit!!

dont know what to do now
    stupid E's

keep an eye on the vacant courses on www.cao.ie over the next week. Theres some there at the moment but the list will grow next week. you have satisfied the basic marticulation requirements for loads of courses so there's options yet whatever comes monday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

There's nothing wrong with setting personal goals, I have very exacting standards, it's just the way I am. I know in my heart I was capable of hitting 500, it wasn't as though I was being unrealistic, that's why I'm disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭KokaNoodles

1. Irish (O) - B3
    2. English (H) - D1
    3. Maths (H) - B2
    4. Spanish (H) - D1. Hate languages...
    5. Physics (H) - B1
    6. Biology (H) - A2
    7. DCG (H) - B3 <-- shat myself with delight.:eek:
    Overall 440 and can't get any happier. My personal goal was over 400 so yeah :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

400:( honestly thought I'd get 450, the points I'd need for my course. Damn C2 in chemistry F'd me up big time, aswell as a merit in LCVP, I mean how can no one in a whole school get a distinction:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

phasers wrote: »
    I got 360 :pac:

Thank christ for the HEAR! If the points stay the same/go down I should hopefully get my course.

Anyway, fingers crossed. It's gonna be tight!
    I got the same as you, and I'm in a tight spot too. If it goes up by 10 points I'm still ok, but if boils up to anymore I can kiss that first choice course bu-bye. :pac:

There's nothing wrong with setting personal goals ...
    Of course there isn't, but you have done really well, and all but reached your goal as well.

Being 5 points off your goal is one grade, and probably a matter of 1-2% on one exam, and could be down to quite a small slip-up or an examiner in a bad mood!

All we're saying to you is that you have plenty to celebrate about, give yourself a break! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Some colleges offer incentives to students who receive 500 points or more, such as first preference on accommodation.

Anywho I got 520, top of my school.

A1s in physics and economics.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭jamesie_boy

got 400...was expectin to get over 450 tho:(

Irish HL.......B3
    English HL....C3
    Maths OL.....A2
    History HL....B2
    Latin HL.......C2
    Business HL..C3
    Geography HLC3

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Just wondering in the rechecks what happens with orals/practials?
    I got a B1 in music, but seriously wanted an A, thought I had gotten it, so want to have a look at that, but am not sure about if they can be heard or something? I know my orals were recorded and think my Practicle was too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Mr.Helpful

got 370............thrilled!!

English: C3
    Irish: C2
    Maths (OL) B3
    Geography C1
    French D1 (shocked)
    Business C3
    Chemistry (OL) A1 (overjoyed)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭xIsabelx

I got a B1 in music, but seriously wanted an A, thought I had gotten it, so want to have a look at that, but am not sure about if they can be heard or something? I know my orals were recorded and think my Practicle was too.

If they're recorded they should be able to play them back :confused:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I know they play back the tapes for orals when rechecking but I don't think the same happens with Music because not all exams are recorded (only a few in each centre for training purposes or something). They'll take into account the examiners marking sheet for your practical, and recheck the written papers as normal, AFAIK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

485! Absolutely delighted seeing as the only tap of work I've done all year was for English, which, thank hypothetical God, paid off! Really surprised with Irish seeing as I only learned one aiste.. an hour before the exam :rolleyes: Thanks, SEC!

Irish (H) - A1
    English (H) - A2
    German (H) - B1
    Maths (O) - B3
    History (H) - C1
    Art (H) - C1
    Religion (H) - C1
    Chemistry (H) - D3.. let's not talk about that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭aido179

500 dead centre...delighted! "tonights gonna be a good night!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 UnDeNiAbLe

eh how does 540 + 135 make 715??!! You're pulling the extra 40 points from where?

as others mentioned hear...higher education access route...it gives me the advantage of 40 points! :) so do i stand a chance with 715 for medicine? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 popefrayne

need help BADLY!!!! i missed de requirments for d.i.t. got D1 in maths but needed C3 will i still get it like second round cos its not a majorly popular course.....so maybe???

please anyone help me out it wil be deaply appreciated

tanks and congrats to all!:D

popefrayne wrote: »
    need help BADLY!!!! i missed de requirments for d.i.t. got D1 in maths but needed C3 will i still get it like second round cos its not a majorly popular course.....so maybe???

please anyone help me out it wil be deaply appreciated

tanks and congrats to all!:D
    Not if a C3 in Maths or higher is a course requirement.

It may be worth viewing your Maths papers with someone qualified and objective to see if there is any chance they may have been marked a bit hard ...

Also, some colleges offer alternative routes ... e.g. intensive courses at this time of year / exams at end, and if you get the necessary score there that counts as your maths requirement.

You should check if DIT do anything like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 popefrayne

tanks man shr all i can do now is hope

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Occono

Is there anyone else on this board who got 200-300?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 TengweTigerPaw

Be very careful about having your scripts rechecked. If your mark is at the lower end of a grade you risk dropping down a grade, however if you are at the upper end of a grade it is probably worth having checked.
    The best way to do this is to ask a teacher or someone who is knowledgeable about the exams system to go in with you to view your scripts, and then make an informed decision about rechecking.
    The red marking is done by the usual examiner. The green marking on your paper is done by the advising examiner (ie the first examiners boss) therefore there is little or no chance of a script with green and red marks being changed.
    Last year it cost 30 euro per paper for rechecks.
    If your grade drops or stays the same you loose your money
    If your grade goes up you get your money back.
    Rechecks take time so you will not get the results of those until after the offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Occono

NBB Bohs wrote: »
    moi ;)

Yay, I'm not alone! Really though, I shouldn't be jealous seeing as I failed everything in my Pre....So my results are a step up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Got 300, need 230 for DIT CSci.

Think I'll get it? Do I have a large enough safety net? I'm slightly concerned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Thats_glass

Nah dont worry about it, i'd say you have it in the bag well done! id be shocked if it went up that much, but honestly dont worry....you have a big enough 'net':)

Advertisement