Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Results 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Crunkussion

Irish (O) B3
    English (h) D1
    Maths (o)B2
    Geography (H) C1
    Spanish(H) D1
    (....goes downhill from here...)
    Biology (H) E
    Economiics (h) E

kinda sad i didn't do better the biology i know I'd fail
    but economics was due to a sickness on the day and day before hand of being in bed for hours and not being able to cramm :(

255 points needed 300 damnit!!

dont know what to do now
    stupid E's

If you're dead set on a certain course you could always look for a PLC course that has a higher link to it. I was in the same position as you last year so I did a PLC course that was linked with the course I wanted to do and I got in on Round 0 of the CAO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

~Candy~ wrote: »
    only 455...

i am so disappointed

I have been getting an As in those subjects for the past 2 yrs, and only end up with B3s..

omg ...
    Are you me?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

English (H) B2- lowest i've ever gotten, got an a2 in the mocks, am getting rechecked.
    Irish (H) B3- Thrilled with it :)
    French (H) C2- Amazed and thrilled, my worst subject, and I got the honour in it!
    Maths (O) A2- Thrilled :)
    History (H) B1- amazed, thought I had royally screwed up this one because I didn't even finish it and my Parnell essay was useless. Very happy.
    Music (H) C2- this was tied with french for worst subject and I'm amazed!
    Economics (H) B3- Happy enough with it.

445 points, I need 370 ish so I think I'm set :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

^If you don't mind me asking, why recheck your English when you've got loads of points to spare?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

A Neurotic wrote: »
    ^If you don't mind me asking, why recheck your English when you've got loads of points to spare?

She may have felt hard done by to get a B2. I mean I got 580 and was dissapointed with Irish A2 and Economics B1 because I thought I should have got more. If when I view the scripts and I find that I was only a mark or two away from the next grade I will appeal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭cian_s_obrien

A Neurotic wrote: »

at this stage one might have enough points for their course. but down the line people change their courses on college and depend on their LC points. as our chemistry teacher always said, the more money (points) you have in the bank, the more you can buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Interesting. Think I'll view my English script (B1, I'm an A1 student but messed up on the day) just out of curiosity.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I'm getting English rechecked even though the only way it will affect my points is if I go up 2 mini-grades, it's more the principle than anything else, I just don't think the grade reflects the hard work I put in over the year. That said, when I view my script I might find that it reflects how I did on the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Des23

English (H) A1 - I've never gotten an A1 before in any english work which I did (the irony of me unintentionally using awful grammar!:rolleyes:) I also got a D in english in the Junior Cert!

Maths (H) A1 - I was hoping for it but still overjoyed, it was the subject I worked hardest for.

Applied Maths (H) A1 - Was hoping for the B1/A2 and I didn't think the exam went well, I was shocked!

Physics (H) A1 - I was hoping for the 100 points in physics

Chemistry (H) A1 - I was hoping for this as well

DCG (H) A1 - Didn't really know what to expect with it being a new course and all, was obviously thrilled!

German (H) C1 - Was going to drop to pass but didn't bother in the end and was pleasantly surprised, was never going to count it for points though.

Irish (O) B1 - Just wanted to pass it, delighted I did well though because my teacher was excellent.

I'd like to thank everyone on boards aswell throughout the year, it definitely helped!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

I got 490; after all the work I put in I feel like I let myself down.

Geography (H) A2; I had an A1 average for the past two years

Biology (H) A2; "

Chem (H) B1: Quite disappointed I was trilled with the paper

Maths English French (H) B3 also disappointed I was expecting B2's

I know alot of people would be thrilled with 490 but I'm just disappointed with myself

I don't know if I should bother with rechecks I have the points for science in TCD

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

Des23 wrote: »
    English (H) A1 - I've never gotten an A1 before in any english work which I did (the irony of me unintentionally using awful grammar!:rolleyes:) I also got a D in english in the Junior Cert!

Maths (H) A1 - I was hoping for it but still overjoyed, it was the subject I worked hardest for.

Applied Maths (H) A1 - Was hoping for the B1/A2 and I didn't think the exam went well, I was shocked!

Physics (H) A1 - I was hoping for the 100 points in physics

Chemistry (H) A1 - I was hoping for this as well

DCG (H) A1 - Didn't really know what to expect with it being a new course and all, was obviously thrilled!

German (H) C1 - Was going to drop to pass but didn't bother in the end and was pleasantly surprised, was never going to count it for points though.

Irish (O) B1 - Just wanted to pass it, delighted I did well though because my teacher was excellent.

I'd like to thank everyone on boards aswell throughout the year, it definitely helped!

Wow tremedous results there my friend. Hard work definately paid off. Looks like medicine for you:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭not bakunin

well i'm verrrry happy.....

anglais: (H) A2...........A1 would have been nice but eh

history: (H) A1......10 in our class got this! i love 30's economics, wow

ag science: (H) A2.......not bad considering i half taught myself and had never sat an exam in it before the day....and my project consisted of a folder full of straw and poo.

francais: (H) C1.......les pamplemousses bienbienbien!

mathemagicals: (O) C1..........I PASSED A MATHS EXAM!

irish: (H) C2...........ok this is definitley a mistake. it's impossible that i could have scored so high in irish. i mean.......my paper 2 consisted of a cartoon elephant in luminous green highlighter with the words : "GO RAIBH MILE MAITH AGAT" coming out of his trunk, and not of a hell of a lot else........well, say nothing as they say!

biology: (H) B2........couold've done better if it wasn't for that wasp in the exam hall.......

krazy kemistry: C1...........and i got 27% in the mocks! buzzzzzzz......go on that haber

altogether 500 points dead on, nice................100 points ibn the clear. hope everyone else is happy enough and best of luck with monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭MrPain

well i'm verrrry happy.....

anglais: (H) A2...........A1 would have been nice but eh

history: (H) A1......10 in our class got this! i love 30's economics, wow

ag science: (H) A2.......not bad considering i half taught myself and had never sat an exam in it before the day....and my project consisted of a folder full of straw and poo.

francais: (H) C1.......les pamplemousses bienbienbien!

mathemagicals: (O) C1..........I PASSED A MATHS EXAM!

irish: (H) C2...........ok this is definitley a mistake. it's impossible that i could have scored so high in irish. i mean.......my paper 2 consisted of a cartoon elephant in luminous green highlighter with the words : "GO RAIBH MILE MAITH AGAT" coming out of his trunk, and not of a hell of a lot else........well, say nothing as they say!

biology: (H) B2........couold've done better if it wasn't for that wasp in the exam hall.......

krazy kemistry: C1...........and i got 27% in the mocks! buzzzzzzz......go on that haber

altogether 500 points dead on, nice................100 points ibn the clear. hope everyone else is happy enough and best of luck with monday!

mathemagicals made me laugh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

Craguls wrote: »
    I got 490; after all the work I put in I feel like I let myself down.

Geography (H) A2; I had an A1 average for the past two years

Biology (H) A2; "

Chem (H) B1: Quite disappointed I was trilled with the paper

Maths English French (H) B3 also disappointed I was expecting B2's

I know alot of people would be thrilled with 490 but I'm just disappointed with myself

I don't know if I should bother with rechecks I have the points for science in TCD

:mad: you get in ahead of me by 5 points :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

celtic723 wrote: »
    :mad: you get in ahead of me by 5 points :D

After seeing your own TCD science thread and your points I think we're both safe!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 LancerBoy08

Got 560 points! Im delighted and got As in Irish,English,History and Classical Studies!! Still probably wont get into medicine because of that fat-headed inbred trailer-trash h-pat exam....:mad:oh well im still chuffed wit my leaving results hope everyone else is happy 2!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 NerdPantzz

480!!! So happy! was aiming for 430.. all the work paid off in the end!! And had a great night last night!!! Happy days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 MichealConroy

Just a Quick Question,

Got 375:DBrillant for me personally, I had put Business in DCU done as a long shot it was 410 last year. I Qualify for the HEAR Scheme so is there a long shot i could make the cut?

Highly un-likely i know but just out of intrest.

Thanks in advance,

Mícheál

Even though I said what I got already I was scanning it to have on my computer for future reference, so here it is:):

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Secoundrow

JSK 252 wrote: »
    Even though I said what I got already I was scanning it to have on my computer for future reference, so here it is:):

Must of felt savage seeing that when ya opened the envelope:D

• Advertisement

Secoundrow wrote: »
    Must of felt savage seeing that when ya opened the envelope:D

I cant really explain it. It was kinda like, you did it James feeling.

The A1 in English was a huge shock to the system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 shane154

i got 475 ans i needed 500 for law. gutted:(

but in a way im glad i didnt get my first choice.. its prepared me for a life full of disappointment and mediocrity:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 UnDeNiAbLe

shane154 wrote: »
    i got 475 ans i needed 500 for law. gutted:(

but in a way im glad i didnt get my first choice.. its prepared me for a life full of disappointment and mediocrity:D

thts exactly how i feel :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Megabot

thats funny i got exact same as u! 3 a1s 2 a2s a b1 and a b2 !! :)

Megabot wrote: »
    thats funny i got exact same as u! 3 a1s 2 a2s a b1 and a b2 !! :)

Are you talking to me because I got 4 A1s:D:pac:

Are you talking to me because I got 4 A1s:D:pac:

damn im blind!sorry! my a1 in maths must be a fluke as i obviously cant count :(
    congrats!

damn im blind!sorry! my a1 in maths must be a fluke as i obviously cant count :(
    congrats!

What are you hoping to do?

What are you hoping to do?

electronic and computer engineering in nuig! the points are in the 300s so i reckon ive got it unless it shoots up 200pts :P u?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

425 points. have no idea how I managed that tbh.

Art and Economics B3
    Music, French, and Irish C1
    Maths C2
    English D1

all higher

delighted with art, only started it in 5th year cos the subject choices ****ed me over. french, HOW? was so close to doing pass. I'm so bad at it it's ridiculous. Maths waaaaaaaaaaay! so happy with that! english bit disappointed, would have been happy with a C3 and D is a bit bleh. anyway, can't belive I got 425, did **** all like I didn't deserve it at all.

maynooth here I come!!

• Advertisement

electronic and computer engineering in nuig! the points are in the 300s so i reckon ive got it unless it shoots up 200pts :P u?

Pharmacy UCC in da bag;)

Advertisement