Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Results 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Can't be arsed actually going to check, so I may be wrong about these

Maths (H) - A1 - 100
    Physics (H) - B2 - 80
    Chemistry (H) - B3 - 75
    DCG (H) - C1 - 70
    Applied Maths (H) - D2 - 50
    English (O) - A2 - 50
    French (O) - B2 - 40
    Irish (O) - C2 - 25

425 points.
    Course I went for has been 300 for past few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Can't be arsed actually going to check, so I may be wrong about these

Maths (H) - A1 - 100
    Physics (H) - B2 - 80
    Chemistry (H) - B3 - 75
    DCG (H) - C1 - 70
    Applied Maths (H) - D2 - 50
    English (O) - A2 - 50
    French (O) - B2 - 40
    Irish (O) - C2 - 25

425 points.
    Course I went for has been 300 for past few years.

what did you think of your applied maths result given your A1 in maths?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

pathway33 wrote: »
    what did you think of your applied maths result given your A1 in maths?
    Very happy, I expected to fail miserably in Applied Maths to be honest.
    Had no teacher for it (the woman who gave my brother lessons had moved away) and I didn't really spend much time studying it as I'd pretty much given up on it.
    But I decided to show up and try scrape a pass since I knew a D in it would still be better than my Ordinary subjects, looked at the book again the night before and just guessed some questions I didn't know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭eoins2345

that was one of the first on here.added up my sisters results when I was like 11 and found she was slightly off!makes all the difference or none at all i suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Zenith23

Hey pathway, you're for medicine right?
    What did you end up getting in the LC anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Fairdues

Well done everyone!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

eoins2345 wrote: »
    that not 400 points?mightnt make any difference at al:pac:

Ah, I got a B2 in Accounting, not a B3. Cheers for pointing that out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

hi guys 2 quick questions.
    if i get my 1 st choice ,but still look for a recheck, end up with a decrese in marks. can the cao take away my offer?
    if my recheck is a success and gets me my 1 st choice will i be able to take my place up this yr or will i have to wait til 2010

thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ayapatrick

hi guys 2 quick questions.
    if i get my 1 st choice ,but still look for a recheck, end up with a decrese in marks. can the cao take away my offer?
    if my recheck is a success and gets me my 1 st choice will i be able to take my place up this yr or will i have to wait til 2010

thanks !

not sure about your first question but if you get it rechecked and get your 1st choice you will be able to take it up. but say if it took ages for it to be checked, and you missed loads of stuff you could defer it.
    know a girl who got it rechecked and it came back the same, then she appealed the recheck successfully and i think it was February before she got offered - i think.

Zenith23 wrote: »
    Hey pathway, you're for medicine right?
    What did you end up getting in the LC anyway?

7 A1s , but when I looked closely at the results i realised i had done the ordinary level papers by mistake

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 splashdown18

got 515 fairly happy!!dont know if its going to be enough for energy engineering in nuig though...........

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭melissavm

English H - B2
    Art H - A2
    Maths O - C2
    Irish O - B3
    Geo H - C3
    French H - C3
    Religion H - B3

400 altogether. I'm delighted, considering I thought I failed Maths and Religion! Still can't get over the fact that I got an A in Art.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

quick question,i see a few people who did like 8 subjects,eg adding on applied maths,what is the point considering you can only use 6 for points?really makes no sense to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭cantona56

7 A1s , but when I looked closely at the results i realised i had done the ordinary level papers by mistake

Are you serious????....how???:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

I got 375 and was delighted i was certain i failed maths but my some miralce(generous corrector)i didnt fail. Last yearss points for Arts in NUI Galway were 345 so i hope ive enough!!:D:Dcant wait nyone else for Arts in Galway! roll on corrib village!!;)

yep dont think ill be getting my 1st choice so, arts and corrib village for me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

cantona56 wrote: »
    Are you serious????....how???:eek:

Bit nervous the first morning and a bit fluish so as I sat waiting for what seemed like an eternity for my paper to be handed to me I felt little streams of water coming down my nose. Luckily I had about 50 tissues with me. As the seconds passed and the temperature rose I could feel little beads of sweat on my forehead. A slight dab of a tissue revealed quite numerous droplets. Concerned at this development I started to perspire a bit with little streams starting to run from my armpits. As my chair started to show signs of the outline of my body I realised it may be an uncomfortable day. Determined to have a dry run at the exam I decided to utilise as many tissue as necessary before proceedings began. 2 minutes and 20 soggy tissues later I felt my condition had improved despite my eyes continuing to seep rivers.

As the Invigilator approached me with a bundle of papers my breathing started to get a little heavier as I wiped the mucus from my ears. He said (i now realise) 'ordinary or high?' . At the time, with my hearing slightly impaired I thought he said 'are you going to cry?' to which I stuck my chest out and replied 'NO!', and he duly slipped what I thought was my higher paper under my collection of 30 soggy tissues. At this stage there was rivers rolling from the desk and the 30 rolled up tissues obscured any indication as to what paper i might have.

I spent the next five minutes using up my other 20 tissues until I heard 'you may begin'. Well my eyes lit up when I saw the questions as I half cursed my teacher for telling me the exam would be difficult. Next day the invigilator said 'same again?'. I said 'yes please' as I looked out the window at the birds singing in the trees. It was my policy to keep looking at the trees until I heard 'you may begin'.

I was never one for post mortems so it was not until 13th August after a night of wild extended family celebrations that the local radio station rang me live on air to enquire why my photo
    and results were on the front of the local paper under the caption 'Woohoo!!! Medicine Here I Come!!!' when I had only got 360 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Bit nervous the first morning and a bit fluish so as I sat waiting for what seemed like an eternity for my paper to be handed to me I felt little streams of water coming down my nose. Luckily I had about 50 tissues with me. As the seconds passed and the temperature rose I could feel little beads of sweat on my forehead. A slight dab of a tissue revealed quite numerous droplets. Concerned at this development I started to perspire a bit with little streams starting to run from my armpits. As my chair started to show signs of the outline of my body I realised it may be an uncomfortable day. Determined to have a dry run at the exam I decided to utilise as many tissue as necessary before proceedings began. 2 minutes and 20 soggy tissues later I felt my condition had improved despite my eyes continuing to seep rivers.

As the Invigilator approached me with a bundle of papers my breathing started to get a little heavier as I wiped the mucus from my ears. He said (i now realise) 'ordinary or high?' . At the time, with my hearing slightly impaired I thought he said 'are you going to cry?' to which I stuck my chest out and replied 'NO!', and he duly slipped what I thought was my higher paper under my collection of 30 soggy tissues. At this stage there was rivers rolling from the desk and the 30 rolled up tissues obscured any indication as to what paper i might have.

I spent the next five minutes using up my other 20 tissues until I heard 'you may begin'. Well my eyes lit up when I saw the questions as I half cursed my teacher for telling me the exam would be difficult. Next day the invigilator said 'same again?'. I said 'yes please' as I looked out the window at the birds singing in the trees. It was my policy to keep looking at the trees until I heard 'you may begin'.

I was never one for post mortems so it was not until 13th August after a night of wild extended family celebrations that the local radio station rang me live on air to enquire why my photo
    and results were on the front of the local paper under the caption 'Woohoo!!! Medicine Here I Come!!!' when I had only got 360 points.

Did you not know that PINK is for higher and BLUE for ordinary level?

JSK 252 wrote: »
    Did you not know that PINK is for higher and BLUE for ordinary level?

makes no diff when you're colourblind :(

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Col Man

Oh lol...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭rois!

Omg are u like serious?! u poor thing...

You see everything in black and white?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 284 ✭✭We

I'm pretty badly colourblind myself, but to suggest that blue and pink are easily mixed up means you must be fooked.. or waffling(this) ;p

If that was the case wouldnt you have secured a reasonable accomodation with the SEC in order to insure that you recieved the correct level paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Col Man

Lol this is comical... I love gullible people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Zenith23

:confused: Surely you would have noticed when there was no integration in the maths pape....Oh wait, you're BSing aren't you? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

Zenith23 wrote: »
    :confused: Surely you would have noticed when there was no integration in the maths pape....Oh wait, you're BSing aren't you? :D

Yes he is....i mean higher level is written in big bold writing across each script i dont care how colour blind you are you can still read and the fact the ease of the exams would have triggered something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭D.R cowboy

what are you on about that's lie you now the difference between an ordinary paper and a higher eg English paper 2 where are the poets i was suppose to learn a well, so you let 7 exams go without copying on

ABQ business
    Essays History
    etc

Get a life instead of making up rubbish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭OxfordComma

Haha, what a BS story... It's a tad worrying that people actually believe this... They're not called "high" papers by the way, they're called "higher"...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Agreed. Your story is BS for a few simple reasons:

1. Everybody knows Higher Level is Pink (I know you said you're colourblind. But WE posted that s/he's colourblind as well and that s/he could tell the difference)
    2. Higher level would have clearly been seen on the front of the exam paper
    3. The higher level sticker which was on your answerbook would have been clearly seen.
    4. Obviously you would have studied past exam papers. Therefore you'd know the layout of the paper.
    5. After exams you would have discussed the paper with a few friends. Surely you would have known who's in your classes and who did higher level.
    6. The timing of exams like in Irish would have been shorter. Surely you noticed why you were finished so soon before other students!

Prove to us you're telling the truth, or else you'll go down in boards history as the "I made up a BS story about the Leaving Cert" guy. :pac:

Advertisement