Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Results 2009

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 LancerBoy08

phasers wrote: »
    I hope the recheck goes well. I said that I wouldn't bother getting any but I really feel I deserved better than a B2.

I did Treaty negotiations, Parnell V Butt and Dictators using terror and propaganda.

I did da same except I did CnaG/FF instead of treaty negotiations which i did my research topic on kinda. good luck on your recheck.
    And good luck everybody with their college offers tomorrow!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭ALincoln

almostover wrote: »
    does anyone know when the marking schemes will be available on examinations.ie

January/ February of next year. Long after people have ceased to care about their results.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

spurious wrote: »
    Maybe you had to answer from what you knew of History, making up your essay on the day, which is how we used to do it in the old days. Perhaps all your points were relevant, which they might not have been in a learned off essay.
    I hear you.

'Tisn't the fashion these days though ... and unfortunately it's spreading to third level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

I hear you.

'Tisn't the fashion these days though ... and unfortunately it's spreading to third level.

Well that's what I did, and I got the A1, so perhaps thats what they're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I did da same except I did CnaG/FF instead of treaty negotiations which i did my research topic on kinda. good luck on your recheck.
    And good luck everybody with their college offers tomorrow!!

Good luck everyone! try to get some sleep rather than refreshing the aertel website all night !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

Got 460

Irish (O)- A2
    Maths (O)- B1
    English (H)- B2
    French (H)- B2
    Geography (H)- A1
    Biology(H)- B3
    Art (H)- B3

Have enough for Event Management in DIT so roll on 6am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 chocoiholic

I take it none of ye are all talking about Modern History? Anyone here do Medieval (Early Modern) History?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 malteasermia

science in trinity, you say? ill see u there!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I got the points for my course, but I can't help but be irked by the fact I think I could have gotten 30 or 40 points higher...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

science in trinity, you say? ill see u there!

see you there as well.:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

phasers wrote: »
    I feel exactly the same as you. My history exam went great, I wrote three brilliant essays and had a great document question, my Research topic was perfect and I only got a B2! On the other hand, girls in my class that had been failing since fifth year and didn't even do a research topic got Cs!

The marking seems so unfair and so random, I'm really unhappy about it.
    Yes it's strange alright. I've been an A English student consistently for the last year. Put in a good bit of work too. And yet I got a B2 and people who were failing all year got high Cs. I knew the exam wasn't my best work ever but ffs! My teacher said she's reviewing it but **** it I don't care anymore. Got my course. Maybe view the script, phasers?

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭flag123

Arts in UCD..
    see yous there;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

flag123 wrote: »
    Arts in UCD..
    see yous there;)

see you there :p

Advertisement