Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Results 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

The maddening this about my results is if I did the LC last year I could have had my pick of college for medicine, because of the HPAT it's unlikely I'll get in :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 UnDeNiAbLe

i got 540.........much better then expected!
    english(H).....A1
    Accounting(H)......A1
    business(h).....A1
    biology(h).....A1
    irish(o)........B3
    maths(o).....A2
    french(H)...C1
    lcvp.....distinction !!

hey does this seem enough for medicine? im so worried !!!! i got 135 for h-pat......and add the hear points 40....a total of 715.....plz plz som1 tell me

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭coffey-16

455 overall....B3 in honours maths.....quite happy!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Piste wrote: »
    The maddening this about my results is if I did the LC last year I could have had my pick of college for medicine, because of the HPAT it's unlikely I'll get in :(

Makes me feel guilty for being in the exact opposite situation :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

Piste wrote: »

Such thoughts are to be left alone til your postbox is clicked open on Monday morning. It's time to enjoy yourself! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 374 ✭✭Reilly616

I want Law with German at UCC. Last year that was 450.
    I wanted 500 to be happy and got 505, everyone's proud, smiles allround :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Ted Bundy

Repeated, last year I got 415, this year I got 510! pretty happy although i didn't get an A1 in anything! 3 A2's though, defo have a look at the scripts.course was 450 last year, so it looks like il be headin ta UL in a few weeks:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

570...delighted :)

A1s in maths, english and biology, A2s in chemistry, french and accountancy, B1 in irish :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Occono

Ordinary Level:
    D3 Gaelige
    A1 English
    B1 Physics
    C3 Chemistery
    D3 Maths

Higher Level:
    C2 History

Wow you're all a lot smarter then me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Congrats to everyone here, alot of really brilliant results!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

What matriculation requirements are you lacking?

You'd be surprised but there are ways around some things. E.g. my principal's daughter didn't have enough passes to get into UCC but UCC regarded her E in higher level geography equivalent to a passing grade in ordinary level geography and she got in. Not sure if she had to contact them about it though.

And anyway, even if you do have to repeat, it's not the end of the world. Many people say it's the best year of their life.

need a c3 in a higher science.
    only got a d1 in biology after two years of b's and i failed chemistry when i thought id gotton a c.
    a2 in honors english though,kinda useless now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

congratulations to everyone!! some really impressive points tallies in there! impressive irish students on boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 mkaobrih

is a d2 and d3 now a fail in ordinary. it says less than 50% unsucessfull?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

^That's referring to the LCVP Link Modules only. Confused my father too, it's very badly laid out.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭meathawk

English-b2
    Maths-b3
    Irish-b1
    Physics-b1
    Geography-a1
    Classics-b3
    French-c3

that c3 leaves me without my course.French is my best subject so I am quite confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Got 520 and pretty happy.

A2's in Physics, Chemistry and French, B1's in geog and maths, and a B2 in DCG:)

mkaobrih wrote: »
    is a d2 and d3 now a fail in ordinary. it says less than 50% unsucessfull?

Huh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

need a c3 in a higher science.
    only got a d1 in biology after two years of b's and i failed chemistry when i thought id gotton a c.
    a2 in honors english though,kinda useless now.

Only got a B1 in honours bio too could of been marked hard

I shouldn't read this thread, you took my happy.I liked my 200 points and you all made them meager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Occono wrote: »
    I shouldn't read this thread, you took my happy.I liked my 200 points and you all made them meager.

At the end of the day if you're happy with give a crap about anyone else grade,We're all good at specific things,200 is nothing to be ashamed about anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 mkaobrih

A Neurotic wrote: »
    ^That's referring to the LCVP Link Modules only. Confused my father too, it's very badly laid out.
    Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Hoku

Little help guys?
    Passes in 6 subjects (including 2 at minimum HC3) including those shown below:
    Irish
    English
    A third language
    Mathematics*
    Two other recognised subjects

I got a D1 in Irish and C3 in English.. Am I still eligible for a course with these requirements? All I cared about were the points, but I forgot about the subject-specific criteria.... I'm 75 points over what I need for the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 mc8755

455, not very pleased at all...

Goodbye dreams of Human Health and Disease... hello Biomedical Science in DIT!

Congrats to everyone who did well :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Des23

I got 600, I couldnt believe it!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Hoku

Des23 wrote: »
    I got 600, I couldnt believe it!
    Impressive! Congrats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

I was looking for 170 and got 255, Better than 600 if you ask me! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Hoku wrote: »
    Little help guys?

I got a D1 in Irish and C3 in English.. Am I still eligible for a course with these requirements? All I cared about were the points, but I forgot about the subject-specific criteria.... I'm 75 points over what I need for the course.

I think so....if you got 2 higher level C3s in any other subjects, and passes in the rest, id say you're fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I did a double take when I saw my B2 in Maths. I've been a consistent C student and didn't think the exam went particulary well. I thought I'd gotten a C and was happy with it, but I was delighted to see I had gotten two mini-grades over what I'd expected!

• all i was looking for was a c3 is higher irish. that was all i was looking for. and what dod i get??
    D1.
    i wasnt even taking any other subjects. granted i did start studying in february and was studying by myself. but still.
    am i hopeless???
    im going to the rechecks. hopefully i might find some marks. but im doubtful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

I got 500, really delighted with it!

Advertisement