Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Results 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Aw no that's a pity :(

^meant that to Hamza Incalculable Quintessence, not Delta Kilo before anyone accuses me of being a total bitch!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭daniel91

dazzday wrote: »
    Hopefully im not being a killjoy here but is it NUIG you are going for? From what i know you need to pass irish to get into any of the NUIs...

Rumour has it Science will be the course that will shoot up in points this year, but certainly not that much!

Little bro looks like hes repeating, although he miraculously passed Irish after failing the oral hard!

Well done to everyone, and coming from experience repeating can work out better then you expect!

i know but Qualifax.ie states: "One Grade E on Higher course at Leaving Certificate will be accepted if candidates have amongst their other subjects three Grade C3 awards on Higher course papers, or at least one Grade B3 and one Grade C3 on Higher course at Leaving Certificate or the equivalent grades at the Matriculation examination (up to and including 1992), or on the joint results of both examinations."

does this apply to Irish? can anyone confirm? was over the moon at first but now really worried!

• Piste wrote: »
    Aw no that's a pity :(

^meant that to Hamza Incalculable Quintessence, not Delta Kilo before anyone accuses me of being a total bitch!

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Occono

Well I failed everything in my pre, so yeah I'm happy with my 200 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Hoku

I think so....if you got 2 higher level C3s in any other subjects, and passes in the rest, id say you're fine :)
    Phew! That's good news. I've higher level B1's and an A1 between "Maths, 3rd language and other 2 subjects".

Anybody else looking to get into Commerce with German in UCD? :pac:

• Advertisement

Des23 wrote: »
    I got 600, I couldnt believe it!

Well done, great score!

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MmmmmCheese

Ted Bundy wrote: »
    Repeated, last year I got 415, this year I got 510! pretty happy although i didn't get an A1 in anything! 3 A2's though, defo have a look at the scripts.course was 450 last year, so it looks like il be headin ta UL in a few weeks:D

I'll be seein ya there! :D
    Arts in UL baby!
    495- but hopefully 500 if i get geography rechecked

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I know this will make me sounds like a sap, but if you are bitterly disappointed with your results, things may turn out for the best. Remember that Irish reality TV show "Popstars" a few years back? Remember when a 16 year old Nadine Coyle didn't get into the band because she was too young? Remember the look of distraught and anguish on her face? Well now she's in a super-succesful girl band and nobody knows what happened to Six, the winners of Popstars.

Just a thought :)

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭RobertM

Piste wrote: »
    I know this will make me sounds like a sap, but if you are bitterly disappointed with your results, things may turn out for the best. Remember that Irish reality TV show "Popstars" a few years back? Remember when a 16 year old Nadine Coyle didn't get into the band because she was too young? Remember the look of distraught and anguish on her face? Well now she's in a super-succesful girl band and nobody knows what happened to Six, the winners of Popstars.

Just a thought :)
    u know life's not always that kind with you .. but who knows might get lucky someday.

• thats a nice sentiment. but my life isnt as wonderfully dramatic as reality television.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Anyone on here get the maximum, or know how many around the country did?!

A mate got 530 - absolutely chuffed for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

i repeated my leaving cert a few years ago, devastated at the time, turned out to be be one of the best things i ever did!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭corridon69

a pure farmer in my school that did nothin but sleep in class got 600

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

corridon69 wrote: »
    a pure farmer in my school that did nothin but sleep in class got 600

Typical!

One guy got 7 A1's in my school. He worked for it though!

Personally cant see the attraction of getting 600 if its not needed, no-one will care are LC results in a few years!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭damienricefan

Got an E in Maths... Better get Arts in UCD :(

oh you will :)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Seanh111

I did way better than i ever expected! Here they are (all higher) english A1, maths A2, french B2, biology B1, business A1, home ec B2. N i got irish A2 (ordinary) and a distinction in LCVP....overall i got 535 points fare delighted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

The Irish Times said about 140 people got the maximum, which is huge fall from last year. But feck statistics, we're all awesome anyway.

Older sister did the LC a couple of years ago. She got the 10th choice on her CAO, which she lucked out on because she loves it. Every time I talk to her about her results she said she was happy she didn't get the other 9, as she loves her current career. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

The painful funny part is that had I not fcked up my three best subjects I would have got my first choice, student accomm and a thousand euro! It was my weaker subjects that pulled me up to what I actually got. LOL:mad::)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Shadyladee

Congratulations to all of you, I would just like to add my two cents, especially for those who didnt get what they want.

I did my leaving in 2002, still remember the day vividly, I worked really hard for my leaving but was bitterly disappointed in my results as I was more than 50 points off what i needed, so i well know that gut wrenching feeling in your stomach some of you are feeling!

My initial reaction was repeat or go to England to do my course, (couldnt afford to go to England) and my parents were dead against me repeating, as my sister had done it and they knew how difficult it is for someone to repeat their leaving when all friends are going to college. The course I had wanted was psychology, instead I did arts, and at that time, you could get into psychology in UCD in 2nd year if you got high marks in 1st year psych. My parents strongly encouraged me to go to UCD and work hard (again) and get into to psych in 2nd year(which I did). 7 years later, my career is great, I am happy, and I am no different to any one I know who got the points they wanted, in fact I know many people who got great points, went to college, hated their course, dropped out and at 25, still dont know what they want to do with their lives.

All il say is, if possible do a course you are gonna enjoy, and at the end of it, if you get the degree, and if you dont want a career in that subject, you can often to a 2 year hdip once you have a degree and change to another career.

So all il say is enjoy your night out and dont worry too much about your actual results, hard work, and ambition is what what will enable you to succeed in life ultimately, not points!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭-ME-

I got 520 and I'm really happy with it! I did a lot better than I expected

H English A2
    H History B1
    H French A1
    H German A2
    H Art B3
    H Music B2

O Maths B2

Roll on tonight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

465, same as the points for my first choice last year. I could've done a lot better but what's done is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

got 390.
    i'm happy as i thought i'd failed honours irish and got a c3 :)
    exactly the points for social science last year in UCD so i really hope they don't go up again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Is this funny or what, Last night I made 500 posts and signed out. Didn't post again until I got my results...and I got 500 points....Damm it I should have kept posting!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Motorbreath

English A2
    Irish D1
    Maths C1
    Biology A2
    History B1
    Geography B1
    Art B3

All higher so it gets nets me 495 points.

A big meh for me really, Irish result seemed a bit dodgy.
    Going to have a look at all my scripts, can never trust those examiners :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Going to have a look at all my scripts, can never trust those examiners :pac:

Me too, just to see anyway. Got my course comfortably but sure i'll look at them anyway! Got only an A2 in chemistry and i absolutely aced the paper, most odd. Cant see where i lost 40 marks in that paper tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭HUNK

360 points :D
    I got a B2 in music which is fantastic! and a D1 (not a D3, but a D1!) in Higher maths. Thrilled

UCD science hopefully :pac:. Congrats to all

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

400,absolutely thrilled

irish (h):b3 after my teacher had doubts about me doing higher level
    maths (o):a2
    english (h):d2
    history (h):b3
    geography (h):c1
    german (h):d1
    business (h):b3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

I got 590 and I'm absolutely over the moon! Never in a million years expected it!

English A1
    Irish A1
    French A1
    History A1
    Chemistry A1
    Biology A2

Those were higher and also an A1 in ordinary maths!

I'm so happy and shocked and I simply can't believe it!

Well done to everybody today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Rolothegreat

Got 365. :( Counting only 5 subjects. Somehow managed to get an E in higher English which was seriously unexpected! I took ordinary Irish because i didn't plan on counting it. I need 400 to be safe for my number 1. Was talking to my English teacher and she said to make sure to appeal it. But am just wondering if i do get moved up to a D and get the extra 45 points after it is checked will it have any effect on my course selection. Oh and does an E in English enable me to actually get in to college. ??:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

HUNK wrote: »
    360 points :D
    I got a B2 in music which is fantastic! and a D1 (not a D3, but a D1!) in Higher maths. Thrilled

UCD science hopefully :pac:. Congrats to all

Uh oh, you're going to have to put up with me there then. :P

Going into 2nd year Science myself. So if you have any questions, feel free to ask. :)

Advertisement