Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email interference

Options
  • 14-01-2009 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭

hi all

company using letshost hosting at the moment including domain, their going to be switching over to my blacknight hosting account soon and I was wondering what do I need to do to ensure none of their email accounts go wonky in the switch over?

will the emails work correctly if hosting is changed to me and the nameservers point to my hosting, how do you do that? do i need to contact the hosting company their using at the moment to switch over nameservers, what exactly do I need to do- it'll be the first time doing a switch over and want to make sure theres no hiccups

ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Ask the destination hosting company (Blacknight). They will be helpful as it is in their interest to make you a happy company.

BTW, asking about hosting is not permitted on this forum and this thread will probably be closed soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

When switching hosts, if at all possible get the IP address of the POP server. Update the client's mail client to collect from both the IP address and the domain (probably mail.domain.com). Before the domain propagates you can happily query the same server twice, because of how POP generally works (collect then delete) they will only get one copy. But as soon as it does propigate for some ISPs but not others, they will be recieving all relevant email. After a couple of days you can get them to delete the first (IP) account.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement