Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mazda 6 2004 fuel consumption

• 15-01-2009 12:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi

I've an automatic 2.0L Mazda 6 2004 (74000 miles) and during the past 10,000 miles I think it's starting guzzle the petrol. The average l/100miles used to be about 13 but now it's 14.8 and I only get around 380 miles out of a full tank. A few mechs have looked at it and they all say it's fine and that it's either the petrol quality or my driving style. I've also heard that the 60k service needs plugs replaceing, but the dealer doing that service just gave me a standard oil and wipers job for the 60k.

Does anyone have any ideas if 380 miles to a tank is normal for one of these motors?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭Esel

380 can't be normal, if you were previously getting a fair bit more - unless your driving conditions have changed (more stop-start, etc.) Also, I would change the plugs, and check the air filter.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

I think 380-400 would be perfectly normal for it, doesn't sound excessive at all. It's automatic, petrol and 2 litre, it will consume a fair bit more than say the diesel manual version which would probably get over 500 miles with ease. What might be worth looking at is tyre pressure and tyre wear, could be bad tyres causing issues too. If the plugs have never been changed in the car they need it at 60k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,271 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

380 mile range from a full tank on a 1.8 litre engine car the size of the 6 is good imo. My old 1.8 litre Avensis was only getting around 350 miles.

Also remember those onboard computers are not the most accurate of devices at times.

Advertisement