Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weird Bose Lifestyle V30 Problem

• 15-01-2009 12:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a Sky HD box and a PS3 connected to my Bose V30 system.

Everything was working fine for months until this morning.

My Sky box is connected as such: HDMI to TV and Optical Digital Audio cable to my Bose box (CBL.SAT input)

My PS3 is connected to the Bose box via HDMI (DVD input on Bose) and the Bose box is connected to the TV via HDMI (TV/VIDEO OUT output on Bose).

Therefore when I watched Sky I select CBL.SAT on the Bose system and AV4 on my TV. When I wanted PS3 I went to AV5 on the TV and selected DVD on the Bose.

Now, when I watch sky and press CBL.SAT I get no sound from the Bose. I have to use my TV speakers to get sound. However, when I go to AV5 (PS3) and select DVD on the Bose I get the PS3 picture and sound from the Sky box.

I triple checked the connections and NOTHING has changed. Everything is connected as normal.

Does anyone have any ideas? ...Sorry about the long post!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Not familiar with Bose equipment but is sounds to me as though you need to check the settings on your unit and make sure that the sound signal from the CBL SAT input is being recognised - the setting could have been changes inadvertently so that it's just passing through the sound from HDMI.

Ritz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hi Ritz,

Got the Sky sound back working again.

But now, I can't get any sound or picture from the PS3 when going through the Bose.

It works fine when connected directly to the TV but when I connect it through the Bose I get nothing.

Bose want me to turn off the HDMI controller in on my Sony lcd which I can't find at all. They say that's whats causing the problem but I reckon thats bull.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

As i've said, i have no experience with the model you have - I've had a look at the manual for the Bose VS series but I'm not impressed with it's explanations of how to connect up your equipment - my first suggestion is to disconnect all sources fom the Bose and power it down completely. Power it up again, connect your sources and see watherthe problem is cleared. Alternatively you could to connecting both devices by HDMI for video and optical or digital interconect for the sound, letting the Bose decode the sound from the interconnects and pass through the video to the TV via HDMI.

If it's not working as you'd expect then you may have to get it examined for faults by Bose if they can't troubleshoot it over the phone for you.

Ritz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

Easyest thing to do is down mix all your audio to standered dolby/dts from your PS3 , the V30 does not lke the HD audio formats, it might have defaulted to them if you updated the PS3. If that does not work let me know.

Advertisement