Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curves closing

Options
  • 15-01-2009 12:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Just wondering if anyone here can offer any help on this:
    I am a member of Curves in Roscommon (have to do something to pass the time!) and joined up last September. Rather than pay direct debit, I signed up for a six month period. This cost me 100 euro then another 240 euro for the six months, which would bring me up to April. All the money had to be paid before I joined.
    Then I find out yesterday that the franchise has closed. No explanation, no letter informing me or anything despite the fact that they have my address and a contact number.
    According to a friend of mine who tried to contact them today, we are still eligible to go to any other curves franchise, but the nearest one is over 30mins away, which takes the handiness out of the 30min workout.
    I wouldn't really be a fan of the gym, but found Curves to be great and am disappointed and also feel pretty ripped off.
    I'm just wondering, given the number of them about the country, has this ever happened to any other board members?
    Thanks guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Fatloss08

try the small claims court

companys dont just fold up in 1 day , they've known a while before they closed , so they should of at least gave you warning so u could request money back etc

best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

I'm moving this from Fitness to Consumer Issues where you might get a better answer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Contact their head office through curves.com.

Also, if you paid for 6 months in September, how would it bring you up to April? September-February inclusive no?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I would suggest that they have fundamentally changed the terms of the contract, and futhermore, did not notify you in writing. I would suggest contacting the franchise head office, seeking a refund on these grounds.

Advertisement