Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will an Irish name passport fool the WHV people?

Options
  • 15-01-2009 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Lately I've been very interested to hear stories of people who have previously had working holiday visas in Australia get second (or third) ones. The story goes that this is done by applying with a new passport that has their name as Gaelige and using a new address. While it sounds kind of plausible, I can't help thinking that the Ozzies must be wise to this and have some way of catching people out. Anybody know any more about this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Are the passport numbers not the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I've been told it works ok.
    But usually people apply for a passport in Irish when their current one expires. I think if you say you 'lost' it, then it is redone with the same name. Don't take me on that, just something I've heard second, third, fifty second hand....

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

I'd keep it 'innovative' and delete this thread. Won't be long catching on to Aussie/NZ authorities if it's on the net. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭cynos

best off deleting this :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

:confused:

You can't swap an Irish provisional for a full Australian one.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

Anyone have any tax dodging schemes or how to turn water into goon?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Xavi6 wrote: »
    :confused:

You can't swap an Irish provisional for a full Australian one.

Well that depends.... ;)

To OP, I did watch an episode of Border Security and an Irish guy was caught out. Although he just put a fada over an 'a' or something silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

cynos wrote: »
    Well if your in Australia and
    you have a provisional Irish license and its running out
    go into the driving license centre and renew it and they will give you a full Australian license(as over there a provision license is different to over here)
    On your return to Ireland bring it into the garda station and apply for an Irish license using the ozzy license and walla free Full Irish license
    Tried and tested, so if that works I cant see why there isnt other loop holes :D

First of all its Voila,

Second of all its not gonna stay a secret if you slap it all over the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Lately I've been very interested to hear stories of people who have previously had working holiday visas in Australia get second (or third) ones. The story goes that this is done by applying with a new passport that has their name as Gaelige and using a new address. While it sounds kind of plausible, I can't help thinking that the Ozzies must be wise to this and have some way of catching people out. Anybody know any more about this?

Do not try this.

• Advertisement

First of all its Voila,

Walla, Voila who cares
    Its not a secret, I heard of people doing it when I was there 5+ years ago
    and a very good friend of mine done it last year, so it 100% works

Actually yes maybe these scams are best left off the boards lol
    please delete quote if you dont mind:D

Especially when there's people like me to email the link to this thread off to the DMV.

If I didn't get one then none of you bastards are.

Especially when there's people like me to email the link to this thread off to the DMV.

If I didn't get one then none of you bastards are.

Bitter?? :D

Ah not as bad as doing 3 months farm work and finding out certain people could be paid (in BEER!) for their sigs on forms! Send that little bit of info off as well actually!! ;)

Anyone have any tax dodging schemes or how to turn water into goon?
    Goon=yuk.gif

Larianne wrote: »
    Bitter?? :D

Ah not as bad as doing 3 months farm work and finding out certain people could be paid (in BEER!) for their sigs on forms! Send that little bit of info off as well actually!! ;)

As a law abiding Australian citizen I am outraged at such behaviour.

Email sent to Mr. K. Rudd.

As a law abiding Australian citizen I am outraged at such behaviour.

Email sent to Mr. K. Rudd.

An Oz citizen??

I am now off looking for dirt on you mr.Xavi6!
    (any chance you're looking for a wife? ;))

Yep born here so none of that Visa crap for me.

(Pics or gtfo! :p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Sorry, I'm not deleting this thread because you think "they'll be on to you". If anyone is stupid enough to try that one then they deserve for the Aus authorities to read this.

I am locking it though at is is encouraging illegal activity.

I'm also updating the charter about this kind of thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement