Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Got tickets for the Sabbath gig in Hyde Park.
    Good stuff! Was comtemplating grabbing one of those pre-sale tickets myself, but I am going to hold out on FNM announcing a few headline shows themselves before going for it, I was chatting to a few other FNM diehards and they reckon more should be coming.

If not, I may just fork out for Hyde Park and get them with Sabbath, but I just saw Sabbath in December so I would only really be going for FNM, and it's a lot to spend for a set that is likely to be less than an hour long.

Goodness knows why Soundgarden are above them on the bill, they're terrible live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Hey folks ;)

Howdy Links? What's up? :)

Not a whole lot, trying for a bit of study after lunch, and going to meet a friend for a pint later then ;)

How about yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Nailz wrote: »
    Good stuff! Was comtemplating grabbing one of those pre-sale tickets myself, but I am going to hold out on FNM announcing a few headline shows themselves before going for it, I was chatting to a few other FNM diehards and they reckon more should be coming.

If not, I may just fork out for Hyde Park and get them with Sabbath, but I just saw Sabbath in December so I would only really be going for FNM, and it's a lot to spend for a set that is likely to be less than an hour long.

Goodness knows why Soundgarden are above them on the bill, they're terrible live.

Aye, I reckon I'll be getting food during Soundgarden's set :pac:

Saw Sabbath in 97 in the NEC and didn't go last year cos I didn't want to ruin the memory of that gig, but everyone says they were great last year so I may as well. FNM is a bonus too. Haven't seen them since they played in the Pint, whenever the hell that was. Saw them in the Top Hat in Dun Laoghaire too on The Real Thing tour, I guess around 88/89...

• Advertisement

Links234 wrote: »
    Not a whole lot, trying for a bit of study after lunch, and going to meet a friend for a pint later then ;)

How about yourself?
    Deadly! Hope that pint is going well (assuming you're having it about now) :)

Work today purdy much, they have me doing development with is great! Afterwards I had to build a bit on my internship report for college, and now I'm having a beer, all well then.
    Aye, I reckon I'll be getting food during Soundgarden's set :pac:

Saw Sabbath in 97 in the NEC and didn't go last year cos I didn't want to ruin the memory of that gig, but everyone says they were great last year so I may as well. FNM is a bonus too. Haven't seen them since they played in the Pint, whenever the hell that was. Saw them in the Top Hat in Dun Laoghaire too on The Real Thing tour, I guess around 88/89...
    Sounds like a good plan for Soundgarden if you ask me, I actually do enjoy their music but their gig in September was very poor.

Well, if Sabbath played as they did in Belfast last December they should not disappoint, I was delighted to see them myself! Couldn't believe how well Ozzy sounded also.

Aye that would've been around 89/90 I suppose, heard many good stories about the gig in the Point in ‘92, I was only just born then so I couldn't go! :pac:
    Weren't they supported by L7 that time?? If there was ever a gig to epitomise Alternative Rock in the early 90's it'd be that! :D

Jesus, L7! I'd forgotten all about them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Tomorrow marks 20 years since Kurt Cobain died. (And I use died depending on what people believe if it was a suicide or murder)

And next weekend Nirvana are being inducted into the RN'RHOF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Who's going to Devildriver/Sylosis tomorrow?

It's things like this that really do make me question the time some people have and what they do with it.

That said, I did get a good laugh out of it! :D

• Advertisement

It's things like this that really do make me question the time some people have and what they do with it.

You made it, didnt you?! :pac:

Passenger wrote: »
    You made it, didnt you?! :pac:
    If only! I could only wish my imagination was that mental! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Mattyz69

DevilDriver & Sylosis tonight. cant wait. finish work and then get to go listen to some metal...

have been looking forward to sylosis for ages now, absolute some insane music.

i used to think Metallica were heavy but i have to say i am starting to appreciate the more heavier stuff, Metallica are now in the hard rock section of my tastes!

Morning guys ;)

Who's going to Devildriver/Sylosis tomorrow?

Probably no-one :D

Morning Linksy.

If only! I could only wish my imagination was that mental! :P

You should check out some of the other vids on that channel. :D
    Mattyz69 wrote: »
    DevilDriver & Sylosis tonight. cant wait. finish work and then get to go listen to some metal...

Tasty beverages and Metal.
    Probably no-one :D

It's almost sold out. ;)
    Morning guys ;)

Lookin' forward to Girugamesh, Links?

I am indeed! :D not too many fans of theirs around here though, is there?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

My main knowledge of them is Girugamesh guy.

Angron wrote: »
    My main knowledge of them is Girugamesh guy.

This guy?

GIRUGAMESH_by_Misao606.gif

They're pretty awesome, and I thought the album Monster was one of the best albums of 2013 ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

That'd be the one all right Links.

• Advertisement

I'm seriously looking forward to seeing them! Tell me that this doesn't look like it'd be a great show? :D

You should check out some of the other vids on that channel. :D
    Heh! I'm actually a subscriber, I don't really know what that says about me... :D

Mawnin'

I am indeed! :D not too many fans of theirs around here though, is there?

Well you're the one keeping the J-Rock candle burning. ;) If their live show is as impressive as the one in the video then you should be in for a treat.

Yeah, really should be an awesome show, I was determined not to miss 'em :D

I like some J-Rock bands (ok, A LOT! :p I admit it), but there's some awful crap out there too. For every Girugamesh there's an An Cafe

...and they're far from the worst :eek:

...aaaand FLIGHTS BOOKED! :D

Worked out at €107 for the two of us (other half going with me) which is really good! :D

Nicely done, Links.
    I like some J-Rock bands (ok, A LOT! :p I admit it), but there's some awful crap out there too. For every Girugamesh there's an An Cafe

Just admit that you love them just as much as any other band. Don't you?! :D

No, I really don't :p

In other news, classes seem to be going well, and also I'm getting good opportunity to pracet too! :D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Roadburn was awesome. So many great bands I'd never heard of.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

Roadburn was awesome. So many great bands I'd never heard of.

Who impressed the most?

Advertisement