Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Mansion and ASG we're probably the best of the bands I was really looking forward to. The Vintage Caravan also produced another fantastic show, so full of energy. Anciients were very good as well.

Harsh Toke were probably the best of the bands I wasn't really familiar with, an hour of non-stop psychedelic trance.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Hey guys ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Mansion and ASG we're probably the best of the bands I was really looking forward to. The Vintage Caravan also produced another fantastic show, so full of energy. Anciients were very good as well.

Harsh Toke were probably the best of the bands I wasn't really familiar with, an hour of non-stop psychedelic trance.

Giving Anciients a gander atm. Liking their sound. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Kreator & Arch Enemy to play The Academy in Dublin on December 20th, tickets on sale tomorrow morning @ 10:00am

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Kreator & Arch Enemy to play The Academy in Dublin on December 20th, tickets on sale tomorrow morning @ 10:00am

Should be a good 'un.

• Advertisement

Passenger wrote: »
    Should be a good 'un.

Oh aye, you thinking of going Passenger?

I'll be there alright. :D Seen Kreator last year but haven't seen AE before. Of course they decide to play here as soon as their iconic frontwoman leaves the band. :rolleyes:

Hmm, I'd say I'd be going to see Arch Enemy alright :D

I think I may have missed the boat on Carcass tickets though :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I think there might be some Carcass tickets on ticketmaster, not certain about that. Planning on heading to Arch Enemy for sure though.

Could make a weekend of it and see Anathema too :pac:

Hopefully there'll be tickets left by the time herself gets the paycheck, I'm busted after shelling out for Girugamesh. Seems to be some very excellent gigs on the horizon for us :D

• Advertisement

Links234 wrote: »
    I think I may have missed the boat on Carcass tickets though :eek:
    Angron wrote: »
    I think there might be some Carcass tickets on ticketmaster, not certain about that.

Yep. There are still tickets left. Just got one a few mins ago. ;)

Buying a ticket to see Kreator & Arch Enemy tomorrow morning

Good easter so far guys!? :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Meh, don't care much for it one way or the other.

Picked up some nice beers to enjoy with the family, can't complain

Oooh, what beers?

Rogue Juniper IPA, Trouble Sabotage IPA, Galway Bay Of Foam and Fury and Schneider Weisse tap 1

I was in the mood for IPAs clearly :pac:

Mmmm, IPAs :D

Haven't had the Juniper, but I do like Rogue's stuff in general. Sabotage is great! I'm not a fan of the Foam & Fury, it's just too strong for me, but so many people I know adore it and sing it's praises. Managed to have a taste of it on cask recently, but still not my thing.

I've never had any of the Rogue range before tonight, but I really liked the Juniper. I do enjoy OFAF, but would only drink it occasionally. As you said, it can be a bit overpowering. Was the first time I'd seen it in bottle form and decided to pick it up.

Rogue do some very good things indeed, they make one of my all time favourites, Hazelnut Brown Nectar. I seriously recommend it! ;)

• Advertisement

Pretty sure they had that so I'll be sure try it!

Been meaning to check out Rogue Mocha Porter. Has anybody seen it available anywhere?

I have no idea how I watched as much of this as I did...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Rick and Morty is the work of a genius! It's a bit slow going at the start, but when it gets going it is simply brilliant (imo). How much have you seen of it Links?

All of it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

I have one more episode to go myself. Have you seen the original pilot for it? It's up on YouTube under "Doc and Mharti". It's very strange and very NSFW. I'm glad they took a bit more time to develop it from that into what it is today.

Yeah, I saw that. It's hard to imagine such a clever show evolved from those immature roots, because it really was awful. But they really did pull it together and create what is possibly one of the funniest shows I've seen in forever, or well, maybe since The Venture Bros. As a big Sci-Fi fan, I just love how it really takes apart the common tropes.

Possibly one of the funniest moments of the whole show for me was this, I don't know why but I was laughing so hard I almost couldn't breathe:

Been watching a few episodes of that. Pretty imaginative format they've gone with. :pac:

Today was a damn good day :D

• Advertisement

Yeah Passenger, it's kinda amazing what they're getting away with in that show as well, it's nuts! ;)

Good to hear Lith, what happened?

Advertisement