Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Links234 wrote: »
    Good to hear Lith, what happened?

Bought a stash of cd's, few band t-shirts,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

What did you get?

I'm gonna have to get a stash of cd's myself too soon :D

What did you get?

I'm gonna have to get a stash of cd's myself too soon :D

2 of Nirvana's studio albums (Nevermind & In Utero), Metallica's Reload (Finally have Metallica's back catalog purchased),

Got a Nirvana t-shirt as well

Got them new or second hand?

I'm thinking of ordering another bunch of stuff from Japan, been meaning to for ages but haven't gotten around to it, or didn't really have the money, but I've had a wee bit of cash put away this week. Been watching some of Nocturnal Bloodlust's videos on youtube, and I'm really taken with them.

I do love my Visual Kei, but they seem to inject a good bit of death/black metal into their sound, which I also love :D

Got them new or second hand?

I'm thinking of ordering another bunch of stuff from Japan, been meaning to for ages but haven't gotten around to it, or didn't really have the money, but I've had a wee bit of cash put away this week. Been watching some of Nocturnal Bloodlust's videos on youtube, and I'm really taken with them.

I do love my Visual Kei, but they seem to inject a good bit of death/black metal into their sound, which I also love :D

Brand new, the remastered versions of Nevermind & In Utero

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Brand new, the remastered versions of Nevermind & In Utero
    pretty sweet! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

See Carcass is officially Sold Out. Should be a good show given the demand/anticipation. Anybody heading along to Eluveitie in The Button Factory?

Herself still didn't get payed, so well... no Carcass for us :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Stephen Pearcy has left Ratt again... There goes my hopes of seeing them some time in the near future... :(

Orange Goblin and Saint Vitus Co-Headline in the Button Factory. :D

• Advertisement

This is me today :p

JIlxQTr.jpg

Also, got around to ordering a bunch of albums from Japan :D Not quite as much as I had planned to, but some awesome stuff nonetheless, including the new Lynch. album :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

^^ That - I like that! :)

Morning all!

Missed Japanese class last week as I was in Paris :D It's still beautiful, don't worry ;)

And I missed it last night :( as I was working on a proposal/written thingie for work for Thursday. Am going for an internal interview on Friday, so have been mostly calming myself all week with music and promise of cinema Friday evening :D Which sequel is better; The Raid 2, The Amazing Spiderman 2 or Captain America 2?

Morning Zwillinge ;)

Yeah, they're a great band! I had been listening to some of their stuff on youtube and pretty much insta-fan'd me right away :p

How was Paris?

I loved Captain America 2, haven't seen the rest though. Raid 2 meant to be amazing but haven't even seen the first yet :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Paris was gorgeous, sites to see, lovely baked goods to nom nom and gigantic Mickeys (Mouse) walking around :o:D Himself was upset to be leaving the magical land ;)

I loved The Raid when I first seen it, absolutely adrenaline filled fury - I urge you to go watch it :)

What has been happening around these parts?

Not much happening really

I must see The Raid, I've been meaning to check it out for ages but still haven't got to it :o

Also, this is surprisingly awesome:

Tomorrow marks the first anniversary of Jeff Hanneman's passing.

hanneman.jpg

Rogue do some very good things indeed, they make one of my all time favourites, Hazelnut Brown Nectar. I seriously recommend it! ;)

Got a bottle of this from O'Brien's for €3.49. Pretty distinctive flavour for sure. ;)

Glad you liked it! :D

I've been in a stout/porter mood this week, had a few Porterhouse Chocolate Truffle stouts and a Nogne oatmeal porter, awesome stuff :D

Speaking of which, have you ever tried the Rogue Mocha Porter? Been looking around for it. Might ask O'Brien's if they'll get it in stock.

• Advertisement

I have not, but it sounds cool :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Tomorrow marks the first anniversary of Jeff Hanneman's passing.
    Goodness... I remember this day last year so well.

I was living in Hong Kong at the time, and I got up at half 4 in the morning to catch a flight from HK to Kansai Airport in Japan as I was going to be spending the weekend in Osaka and Kyoto for Golden Week.

I got a text from my brother back home (who is also a huge Slayer fan) at around the same time I got up - Ireland's 7 hours behind. That was strange I only ever talked to my family in the evenings over there due to the difference in time. He'd asked me if I heard Jeff Hanneman had died.

It sounds a bit silly probably, but I was devastated! I grew up listening to his music and loving it, he wrote some of my favourite songs ever, and it was genuinely sickening. You sort of get some sort of emotional connection with these artists because you feel their music is a part of your personality, you have some sort of attachment to it and hearing it brings out some good feelings.

That was a very long day; the was 8 hours travelling time, including a stopover in Shanghai, all of which I spent listening to Slayer!

Jeff Hanneman - 1964-2013
    \m/

Today also marks the death of Hide, guitarist from X-Japan: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hide_%28musician%29

1145515361-thumb-400x551-90792.jpg

RIP :(

Nailz wrote: »
    Goodness... I remember this day last year so well.

I was living in Hong Kong at the time, and I got up at half 4 in the morning to catch a flight from HK to Kansai Airport in Japan as I was going to be spending the weekend in Osaka and Kyoto for Golden Week.

I got a text from my brother back home (who is also a huge Slayer fan) at around the same time I got up - Ireland's 7 hours behind. That was strange I only ever talked to my family in the evenings over there due to the difference in time. He'd asked me if I heard Jeff Hanneman had died.

It sounds a bit silly probably, but I was devastated! I grew up listening to his music and loving it, he wrote some of my favourite songs ever, and it was genuinely sickening. You sort of get some sort of emotional connection with these artists because you feel their music is a part of your personality, you have some sort of attachment to it and hearing it brings out some good feelings.

That was a very long day; the was 8 hours travelling time, including a stopover in Shanghai, all of which I spent listening to Slayer!

Jeff Hanneman - 1964-2013
    \m/

I remember it clearly as well, I stayed awake watching the Revolver Golden Gods Awards, also had my eye on Twitter, and when i saw the announcement from Slayer show up on my timeline, i thought at first it was a joke....... But unfortunately it was real:(. I picked up Seasons In The Abyss a few years ago & on first listen i could immediately tell Jeff's parts from Kerry's, that connection was there. Jeff's death was a real blow to the metal world, second only after Ronnie James Dio (4 years this month since Dio passed on :(). But the stuff Jeff recorded with Slayer will live on, and hopefully whatever he recorded before he passed will feature on the new Slayer album.

R.I.P JEFF HANNEMAN
    1964-2013

And for anyone going to Anthrax in Dublin on July 2nd, just seen this on The Academy's Facebook page..
    ANTHRAX FANS!!
    **NEWS JUST IN** They will be playing the entire "Among The Living" album, as well as their classic tracks this July 2nd.

And for anyone going to Anthrax in Dublin on July 2nd, just seen this on The Academy's Facebook page..

Certainly all the more tempting now.

In other news, my order has been dispatched from HMV.co.jp :D

It was January last time I got anything from there

Passenger wrote: »
    Certainly all the more tempting now.

Oh aye, if i didn't have Trivium & Slayer lined up, I'd definitely go and see Anthrax.

In other news, my order has been dispatched from HMV.co.jp :D

It was January last time I got anything from there

Good day for you then eh Links

• Advertisement

Good day for you then eh Links

Yup, I'm excited :D

Thankfully stuff doesn't take long to arrive from Japan, it's always insanely efficient.

Advertisement