Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

You know, I was thinking I should probably post something that isn't Japanese in the what are you listening to thread at some point :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

You and Japan should just get a room together, Links. :P

Yeah :p

Seriously though, I do listen to a lot of stuff, like the other day it was pretty much Ziltoid day, and this afternoon it was all about Paradise Lost and My Dying Bride. So I do kinda wonder sometimes if I'm giving off a bit of a skewed perspective on what I listen to? But really when it comes down to it, pretty much anything new that I get excited about these days almost always comes from Japan, and stuff that's new and exciting I'm gonna post more about just because. And I think that's probably the same with anyone.

Also, for no reason, here's something that gave me a chuckle :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Judas Priest Redeemer Of Souls tracklisting

DRAGONAUT
    REDEEMER OF SOULS
    HALLS OF VALHALLA
    SWORD OF DAMOCLES
    MARCH OF THE DAMNED
    DOWN IN FLAMES
    HELL & BACK
    COLD BLOODED
    METALIZER
    CROSSFIRE
    SECRETS OF THE DEAD
    BATTLE CRY
    BEGINNING OF THE END

Bonus tracks:

SNAKEBITE
    TEARS OF BLOOD
    CREATURES
    BRING IT ON
    NEVER FORGET

Links234 wrote: »
    Yeah :p

Seriously though, I do listen to a lot of stuff, like the other day it was pretty much Ziltoid day, and this afternoon it was all about Paradise Lost and My Dying Bride. So I do kinda wonder sometimes if I'm giving off a bit of a skewed perspective on what I listen to? But really when it comes down to it, pretty much anything new that I get excited about these days almost always comes from Japan, and stuff that's new and exciting I'm gonna post more about just because. And I think that's probably the same with anyone.

Ah I know you've a fairly eclectic taste in Metal and I make a point to listen to your posts in the Now Listening To... thread as I probably wouldn't bother with a lot of the bands in the J-Rock scene otherwise so keep 'em comin'. ;)

• Advertisement

Awesome! :D

which of the bands I post about on the now listening thread do you like the most?

Well only today I checked out Nocturnal Bloodlust as you've been posting their stuff for the past week or two.

What do you make of them?

Yup, I'm excited :D

Thankfully stuff doesn't take long to arrive from Japan, it's always insanely efficient.

Only seeing this now, how long would you be waiting for something you ordered from Japan to arrive Links?

What do you make of them?

While I wouldn't be particularly enamored with the whole deathcore sound they certainly elevate above many similar bands. Maybe it's the Japanese charisma and impeccable musicianship as it's certainly not their ostentatious videos. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Sup folks.

Dunno if I'd consider them deathcore exactly, more that they work in some death/black styles into somewhat standard Visual Kei, the melodic choruses etc are definitely very VK. But yeah, some musicianship! :D

Sup again Angron ;)
    Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Only seeing this now, how long would you be waiting for something you ordered from Japan to arrive Links?

A few days? But with the bank holiday I wouldn't really expect it before Wednesday.

Angron wrote: »
    Sup folks.

Aught stirrin' with you, Angron?

Dunno if I'd consider them deathcore exactly, more that they work in some death/black styles into somewhat standard Visual Kei, the melodic choruses etc are definitely very VK. But yeah, some musicianship! :D

Japanese bands tend to be very accomplished technically. Some serious chops on display.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Nah, just browsing the tubes at the mo. Yourself?

xmen-daysoffuturepast-64-professor-x-and-magneto-reconcile-patrick-stewart-ian-mckellen.gif?w=538&h=334

Hey, how's everyone's weekend going?

Going to have a few tasty beverages and maybe check out Revolution in The Pint.

Oh cool! Enjoy ;)

I'm just gonna take it easy tonight and play games :pac: I hate bank holidays, it's always so crowded on a night out.

Oglaf just kills me :D

ahoy.jpg

• Advertisement

I remember showing the webcomic to one of my friends, he asked what was wrong with me when I showed him the fellating spider :pac:

He's right though, what the heck is wrong with you Angron? Seriously

I like Oglaf too much! I think I came across it when Jeph who does Questionable Content mentioned it in one of his news posts.

It's by far one of my favourite webcomics. Questionable Content just isn't questionable enough for me :o

It is if Pintsize's twitter is active :pac: My main webcomics are QC, Something*Positive, SMBC, XKCD, and I guess Girls With Slingshots. Dip into things like Ctrl Alt Del, Cyanide & Happiness, Two Lumps from time to time. Other stuff with erratic times, or the once a week ones I read are Manly Guys Doing Manly Things, Oglaf, Awkward Zombie, Scandinavia and the World.

John Petrucci's new signature MusicMan Majesty. :eek:

Zakk Wylde‘s guitar has been found. The Pelham Blue Gibson Les Paul (pictured above) recently turned up at a Chicago pawn shop after having been stolen from his tour bus last March.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/zakk-wylde-guitar/

A few days? But with the bank holiday I wouldn't really expect it before Wednesday.

Well guess what? It arrived today! :D

I'm even surprised! Post from Japan is super-efficient.
    Passenger wrote: »
    John Petrucci's new signature MusicMan Majesty. :eek:

Can't stand the look of it! :eek:

Well guess what? It arrived today! :D

I'm even surprised! Post from Japan is super-efficient.

You would have to wonder how some parcels from the far east arrive faster than parcels from the UK/Europe. Do you ever experience that?

Can't stand the look of it! :eek:

Not the most aesthetically pleasing guitar especially that "carbon fiber" shield that completely detracts from the rest of the design but you can imagine that it plays pretty sweet.

• Advertisement

You would have to wonder how some parcels from the far east arrive faster than parcels from the UK/Europe. Do you ever experience that?

Pretty much all the time, anything from Japan arrives promptly, whereas something from the UK sometimes can be anybody's guess when it'll arrive :eek:
    Not the most aesthetically pleasing guitar especially that "carbon fiber" shield that completely detracts from the rest of the design but you can imagine that it plays pretty sweet.

It just looks ugly as butt :pac:

11708d1385678727-mm-jp-stallion-majesty-what-happened-majestah.gif

Advertisement