Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

So, Babymetal are playing in London :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Don't ask why but I couldn't stop listening to that album for a while when it came out. :o

Really? I can't stand them! :p

Although, for some reason I have an itch to go see them live... The show would be awesome I'm sure.

Yeah, as I said, don't ask why as ordinarily I would find them immensely irritating but... Gimmie Choko... c'mon, how many songs can be catchy as f*ck and ear stabbingly annoying in equal measure! :D They're no Nocturnal Bloodlust though. :pac:

To be fair I kinda enjoy this one ;)

Generally not my thing, I think there's just the novelty value of them but not much else. Though apparently one of the guitarists is actually Leda from Deluhi/Undivide, and the other is Marty Friedman's touring guitarist, so there's some real talent there.

• Advertisement

Oh there's some talented musicians involved for sure. It's essentially a novelty act though. Are you gonna book tickets?

Nah, think I can only afford one trip to London and picked a damn good band to see anyway, so I'm happy out! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Admit it, you all wanna see Baby Metal :P:D

Just did my Metallica by Request setlist thingie; I mainly tried to boost the ones just below the setlist up one or two and keep the others from slipping below.

Roll on Rock im Park! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Opeth's Pale Communion has been rescheduled for an August release.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.co.uk/page/News?news_id=122505

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Admit it, you all wanna see Baby Metal :P:D

It's true :o
    Lithium93_ wrote: »

Oooh, I wasn't actually too impressed with Opeth's last though. Ghost Reveries was the last album of theirs I really liked

• Advertisement

Links234 wrote: »
    Oooh, I wasn't actually too impressed with Opeth's last though. Ghost Reveries was the last album of theirs I really liked

Quite liked it as it was a bit of a departure for them. Somewhat of a throwback to their 70's influences. Will be interesting to see if they will appease the fans of their extreme side and revert back to their heavier tendencies with the upcoming release. Will certainly get the new album on release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I saw Shonen Knife tonight. I hadn't heard of them until last night when someone going to it told me who they were, so that was an instant "Ah sure I'll go."

The first half to two thirds of the show was pretty tame. They opened with a decent punky song, a lot of promise of what was to come. Then they played their "new stuff." Now I know this will turn me into an awful hipster but the amount of bands where I groan at "From our new album" is unreal. Anyway, they played their new stuff. They said it was inspired by Thin Lizzy, Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin. I didn't hear any Led Zep in it but you could hear some Black Sabbath riffs and a definite Thin Lizzy influence. I was in need of a cigarette at this point and getting kind of bored, I went out for a smoke and to get another pint and when I came back it was a whole different ball game...

They were playing raw punk, very 80s feel to it (when the band was founded) where you could hear the similarity between punk and thrash in their sound. To be honest they reminded me a lot of Venom. There was one song that sounded like they had heard what black metal had become by 1990 and brought it back to a 1983/4 sound. What was ****ing stunning was the drummer, she was playing rhythmic blast beats on a single pedal. She looked as bored as I did with their opening songs but she really got into it towards the end of the gig. There was a real raw edge to their stuff, but with the cute Japanese women screaming at you. Top stuff. I'd love to have seen them in their prime, even if it'd have meant missing out on the drummer.

Would you believe I had the chance to see Shonen Knife several times already and never did? For shame, I know :o
    Passenger wrote: »
    Quite liked it as it was a bit of a departure for them. Somewhat of a throwback to their 70's influences. Will be interesting to see if they will appease the fans of their extreme side and revert back to their heavier tendencies with the upcoming release. Will certainly get the new album on release.

I dunno what it is, the album just bored me, and I found Watershed completely uninteresting too. I guess an album just grabs me or it doesn't, and Ghost Reveries was the last one that grabbed me.

Speaking of, a friend misplaced my copy of Ghost Reveries (along with a couple of other things I had lent him) and now I'm getting an itch to listen to it again but I can't :(

Also, one of the albums I got in my recent haul from Japan is Sujk's (Ex-Deluhi drummer) second solo album Arkhelism 2, which is pretty awesome because Juri (also Ex-Deluhi) does all the vocals, and although Leda is down as only being on track 7 I've heard people say that he actually did all the guitar and bass for the album too. It's practically 3/4ths of Deluhi :pac: I need to get the first Arkhelism too, but HMV don't seem to stock it. :o

I think it's safe to speculate that this is the kinda direction Deluhi would've been going if they hadn't broken up.

Really hope Juri does more metal stuff, because he's got an absolutely incredible voice but his solo work was just meh :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

That's a bit disappointing. I'm definitely curious to hear what it's like. I liked Heritage, but they were definitely finding their feet with the new sound. I think the new album will be a bit more confident or something.
    Links234 wrote: »

Ghost Reveries is so overlooked I think. Absolutely amazing album. Just has a fantastic atmosphere the whole way through. Would agree that there hasn't been anything better since it in my opinion

Somnus wrote: »
    Ghost Reveries is so overlooked I think. Absolutely amazing album. Just has a fantastic atmosphere the whole way through. Would agree that there hasn't been anything better since it in my opinion

Yup! Definitely agree with you on the atmosphere, I think that's what makes it such an awesome album :D

In other news, I finally managed to grab an album I'd be looking for for ages, Aikaryu's first mini-album. They were Teru's band pre-Versailles, they're very tongue in cheek and are about as cheesy as they come. I had it ordered from HMV for ages, but it kept being delayed and the album was on 'backorder' for ages so I gave up on it. Didn't find it on any of the other sites I used either, but I finally spotted it on Amazon.co.jp so yoink! :D

Super Japanese Pirate Metal :pac:

How is everyone today? :D

So, anyone get up to anything for the weekend?

Nothing stirrin' this weekend, Links. Up to aught yourself?

Nah, keeping it easy, doing sweet F all ;)

my facebook feed is exploding with Eurovision stuff. I didn't watch it. haven't really been interested since Lordi :D

• Advertisement

Somebody with a beard won apparently. :pac:

From Australia no less!

I didn't even know Australia was in Europe... :pac:

Boosh! :D

My CDs have been shipped! There's still a load of stuff on my wishlist I want to get though :pac:

^^ As many CDs/Boots/Shoes/Bags/Hoodies/Games as you own - the wishlist keeps on going :o;)

Had a fun weekend - went to the RTÉ Orchestra of Final Frontier :)
    Hosted a Eurovision party - Poland were robbed :P;)
    Went to see The Wonder Years - I think the walls of Fibbers were sweating!
    Off to see Panic At The Disco tonight :o:)

Hope you're all well and had happy weekends. Hoping this week flies by now! Have to give tours to teenagers in work >_<;;

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

I had a Eurovision party and lost most of yesterday as a result :D. Austria winning resulted in about 20 shots. I can't drink for **** anymore, haha.

Reiketsu wrote: »
    I had a Eurovision party and lost most of yesterday as a result :D. Austria winning resulted in about 20 shots. I can't drink for **** anymore, haha.

Made Jelly Vodka Shots... Was going to bin the remaining 10 when my Mammy said have them :eek::)

Ah I was exhausted so did little to nothing, bar some study. Think I needed a quiet weekend.

Went to the cinema though, saw Sabotage, wasn't bad ;)

Busy on the forum this evening ;) How's everyone?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Aye, that it is. I'm feeling good, just one exam left and then I'm finished. Yourself links?

• Advertisement

Hope the exam goes well! :D

Been trying to study today, but it's not been great, my concentration just hasn't been there and I feel a little burned out. :o
    Gonna chill and watch the new Game of Thrones later though ;)

Advertisement