Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, so do I. Maths is always fun :( Chilling out a bit now and listening to some Shining (Swedish one, not Norwegian :P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Cool ;)

You know, I was listening to the Norwegian Shining not so long ago and they're actually pretty cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Do you like the Norwegian Shining, Angron?
    Links234 wrote: »
    Busy on the forum this evening ;) How's everyone?

It's amazing the amount of posters who come out of the woodwork when there's some playground squabbling to be done. There's f*cking tumbleweed blowing through here the rest of the time. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Not really my thing. Their stuff kept popping up on last.fm when I was listening to the SDBM radio.

Still, not as bad as the electronic band/thing called Mayhem that'd pop up when I was listening to the black metal one.

Passenger wrote: »
    Do you like the Norwegian Shining, Angron?

It's amazing the amount of posters who come out of the woodwork when there's some playground squabbling to be done. There's f*cking tumbleweed blowing through here the rest of the time. :pac:
    The bickering gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling.

• Advertisement

Ah, I think the place buzzes a lot more than other music forums around here Passenger, so we got that going for us.

RIP HR. Giger :(

Aye, I saw Adam Jarvis (drummer for Misery Index and Pig Destroyer) post about that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Sad news indeed :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Saw that alright, very sad news indeed! He was an excellent artist, love his style and concept of work.

• Advertisement

He did some fantastic metal album covers too

h_r_giger_album_covers.jpg

ELP - Brain Salad Surgery too.

ELP_-_Brain_Salad_Surgery.jpg

How's you this evening Passenger?

Debbie Harry too ;)

kookoo-10.jpg

You like DH, links? Brain Salad Surgery is a prog classic imo.

You like DH, links? Brain Salad Surgery is a prog classic imo.

She's good alright

You know, I have Brain Salad Surgery around somewhere and I know I've listened to it plenty but for the life of me can't remember it :o must give it a refresher listen at some point. Still listening to Lynch. at the moment ;)

on a Giger related note, you hear they're going making a Prometheus 2?

on a Giger related note, you hear they're going making a Prometheus 2?

Been meaning to give the original one a gander. It had a mixed reception.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Found the first a massive disappointment. The bones for a good film were there but it didn't deliver.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

I enjoyed it, but it's a mess. Afterwards, reading about some of the changes they made to the script and scenes that were cut, you wonder what the hell they were thinking. Worth a look, but just messy as hell and doesn't make a whole lick of sense.

Yeah read a cracked article (I think) about stuff they left out and really helps make sense of it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Bit of a scrap always peaks the interest of the lurkers (like me) tbh :P

I used to post a lot in this forum (as max power) but I rarely post anymore.

• Advertisement

Yeah read a cracked article (I think) about stuff they left out and really helps make sense of it

I find it amazing that they decided to take out so much, because it could hardly be the aim for them to edit the movie in such a way that it makes less sense.

It's just downright frustrating to see a film that had so much potential go down the drain.

Hey Max! ;)

Kinda makes you wonder what other posters who've closed their accounts might still be lurking around?

We remember you Max. In particular I remember the efforts to get Deicide album of the week :P

Ah good man, Max. Was wondering where you went.
    Hey Max! ;)

Kinda makes you wonder what other posters who've closed their accounts might still be lurking around?

*Shifty eyes*

Angron wrote: »
    We remember you Max. In particular I remember the efforts to get Deicide album of the week :P

As far as I remembered it succeeded eventually ? Or ye just relented in the hope I'd shut up :P

Yeah, I think we eventually got it (I used to be Denny M, so I was one of its regular supporters)

Nobody has loyalty to their username anymore ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,635 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Just did a quick search and can't find anything. Any chance of a link?

I remember leaving the cinema and being extremely pissed off that I had paid money for it. Even bought popcorn ffs. I really wanted to like it but there was just too much wrong with it. Stringer Bell in space should have been a recipe for success.

Nobody has loyalty to their username anymore ;)

(or accumulated too many sitebans >.>)

Just did a quick search and can't find anything. Any chance of a link?

I remember leaving the cinema and being extremely pissed off that I had paid money for it. Even bought popcorn ffs. I really wanted to like it but there was just too much wrong with it. Stringer Bell in space should have been a recipe for success.

http://www.cracked.com/article_20703_5-famously-terrible-movies-that-were-almost-great.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

TONY IOMMI: 'HYDE PARK COULD BE SABBATH'S LAST GIG'
    "It could be the last ever Sabbath show, I don't want it to be, but there's nothing really planned touring-wise after that show, so for all we know that could be it really. To be honest I don't want to be touring to this extent too much longer, because it makes me feel so bad.”

http://www.metalhammer.com/news/2014-05-14/tony-iommi-hyde-park-could-be-sabbath-s-last-gig

Advertisement