Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

In terms of general sightseeing or Rock/Metal related things to do?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Links234 wrote: »
    I'm not one that's been easily shocked by Game of Thrones so far (I think being an avid anime fan has hardened me to it) but that latest episode was mindblowing
    That particular chapter in the book was fantastic, amazingly well written.
    Maye83 wrote: »
    Hey guys, how are you? Heading to Berlin later this summer, I know of at least a couple from here who have been there before, are there any things in particular you suggest I see?
    I went last Summer and loved it :) Sachsenhausen concentration camp is well worth a visit (Bit outside berlin, ~30 minute train ride). In a similar vein, the Topography of Terror is a really interesting exhibition documenting the Nazi's rise to power.

The Zoo is lovely if you're into that.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I have not read the books ScienceNerd, but my girlfriend has and she's having some fun laughing maniacally at me. Admittedly, I did the same to her when watching Hannibal and Mason Verger was introduced

Yeah it's great watching everyone on facebook melt down :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Passenger wrote: »
    Enjoy, Z. Pretty eclectic lineup there too.

I know, am superly looking forward to enjoying some punk, some metal and some chilled indie :D Not looking forward to 6am flight though :P
    So, has everyone here seen the new Game of Thrones ep? :)

Am up to Season 3, Episode 4... I know bad things happen, but no idea to whom... Considering I've been on the Twitter machine and the Book with the Face.
    Lithium93_ wrote: »

Was really saddened by this, just... not expecting that :confused::(
    Hey guys, how are you? Heading to Berlin later this summer, I know of at least a couple from here who have been there before, are there any things in particular you suggest I see?

Just walk around and you'll be absorbed into history, but do hit up Checkpoint Charlie and see the Berlin Wall history area. Plenty of museums in the Central Mitte area and go to Charlottenburg to feel super poor, yet do stop into the Toilet Bar... An experience!

Regards Rock/Metal - the Trinkteufel (Devils drink) is kinda hilarious pub that seems to never close and proper end of night drinks
    http://www.trinkteufel.de/

I'd hope you have a fantastic time, but you will guaranteed :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

If there's one thing I've learned from Facebook without ever having read the books or seen the show of ASOIAF, it's that everyone dies so never get attached to anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

In terms of general sightseeing or Rock/Metal related things to do?

Looking for any particular things that stood out for you really. I've booked, but haven't done any planning on exactly what I'll see yet, thought I'd ask here for some insight first.
    I went last Summer and loved it :) Sachsenhausen concentration camp is well worth a visit (Bit outside berlin, ~30 minute train ride). In a similar vein, the Topography of Terror is a really interesting exhibition documenting the Nazi's rise to power.

The Zoo is lovely if you're into that.

Excellent, yes they sound like the kind of places I'm interested in. Thanks, didn't think of going to the zoo, think I'll check that out.
    Zwillinge wrote: »
    Just walk around and you'll be absorbed into history, but do hit up Checkpoint Charlie and see the Berlin Wall history area. Plenty of museums in the Central Mitte area and go to Charlottenburg to feel super poor, yet do stop into the Toilet Bar... An experience!

Regards Rock/Metal - the Trinkteufel (Devils drink) is kinda hilarious pub that seems to never close and proper end of night drinks
    http://www.trinkteufel.de/

I'd hope you have a fantastic time, but you will guaranteed :D:D

Thanks Zwillinge, that's great info. Enjoy Rock im Park :-]

Also, if anyone is in the Gypsy Rose on Friday and fancies a game of pool I'll be knockin' around there most of the evening ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Conan posted on their facebook page that the split record with Slomatics is going to be re-pressed! Yeooow!

As for Berlin, there's really so much to see. How long you there for? I find Tempelhofer Feld is always worth a visit (abandoned airport, now public park) and the kebabs are seriously tasty, especially in Kreuzberg or Neukoeln.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

As for Berlin, there's really so much to see. How long you there for? I find Tempelhofer Feld is always worth a visit (abandoned airport, now public park) and the kebabs are seriously tasty, especially in Kreuzberg or Neukoeln.

Going for five days Herb Powell, plan on taking the train around most of the time. Never been to Germany before, but have got back into learning the language again after doing it for the leaving cert.

Cool, I'll look into Tempelhofer Feld and I'll try one of those kebabs, any further sightseeing/Rock & Metal beer location recommendations are welcome, thanks.

Anyone else heading away for a while?

Had a fun day hanging around Camden today, London is pretty hot at the moment though. Really excited for Girugamesh tomorrow :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Anyone else going to see Snoop Doggy Dogg these next couple of nights?? :pac:

Had a fun day hanging around Camden today, London is pretty hot at the moment though. Really excited for Girugamesh tomorrow :D

C'mon Links, tell us how good Girugamesh were.
    jacksie66 wrote: »
    Going to see Corrosion of Conformity here in Christchurch in a few weeks. Cant fecking wait!!

Enjoy! ;)
    Nailz wrote: »
    Anyone else going to see Snoop Doggy Dogg these next couple of nights?? :pac:

And we thought you were True Kvlt, Nailz? :P

Regards Rock & Metal things to do I would recommend Halford Bar. It's probably the most high profile Rock bar in Berlin. If you want something a little more Goth/Alternative then K17 is also worth checking out. It's a venue with 4 floors and different music on each floor. There is also the Rock und Wiking Bar and a few other bars nearby. Or you can check the MTG for suggestions on cool bars/venues to check out as Berlin has plenty of them and they are all reviewed etc. on there.

C'mon Links, tell us how good Girugamesh were.

Terrific, absolutely terrific :D

It was a great venue, sound was good and a great crowd too so made for some incredible energy, just an awesome show. I got me a t-shirt too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

And we thought you were True Kvlt, Nailz? :P
    Hey! Snoop Dogg is kvlt as **** man... ;)

Seriously horrible hearing that Rik Mayall died :( felt like being punched in the childhood

Terrific, absolutely terrific :D

It was a great venue, sound was good and a great crowd too so made for some incredible energy, just an awesome show. I got me a t-shirt too :)

That sounds great. Were there many there crowd-wise?
    Nailz wrote: »
    Hey! Snoop Dogg is kvlt as **** man... ;)

Kvlt-izzle?! :D
    Seriously horrible hearing that Rik Mayall died :( felt like being punched in the childhood

Aye, it was pretty sudden too wasn't it?!

That sounds great. Were there many there crowd-wise?

Yup, I'd think the venue was probably 2/3rds or more full? It was busy enough to have a really buzzing vibe, but not too packed to the point where it's uncomfortable.
    Aye, it was pretty sudden too wasn't it?!

I know :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Deafheaven playing Rosin Dubh and Whelans on 18/8 and 19/8 respectively.
    Should be really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Good Morning all :)

Sucks having black and leathers when a heatwave is due! :o:pac:

• Advertisement

Hey Zwillinge ;)

I know the feeling, most of my clothes are black, and I rarely ever wear shorts or skirts. I don't like the heat :p

2967_first_world_metal_problem_in_summer_700.jpg

Couple fantastic gig announcements. :D Who's going?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Sabaton have Tyr and Korpiklaani supporting in Dublin, but not in London. WHAT IS THIS MADNESS

Sabaton have Tyr and Korpiklaani supporting in Dublin, but not in London. WHAT IS THIS MADNESS

Huh, it would usually be the other way around, wouldn't it. :D

I'm definitely going, between Behemoth and Decapitated, you've got two of the very best Death Metal bands going, all they'd need is to add Hate to the bill for the triumvirate of Polish brutality. But Grand Magus are seriously good, so it's looking like an awesome show will be had! :D I'm not feeling as bad missing out on Carcass tickets now.

Sabaton will be terrific I'm sure :D

Two quality lineup's for sure. Impressed that DME are bringing them over.

We got Kreator/Arch Enemy the same month, it's going to be nuts :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Decapitated are quality... Can't believe Deafheaven are playing here.

I'll be all over that like white on rice.

• Advertisement

Oh by the way, I was playing one of these little amps over in London, was absolutely unreal :eek:

I'd be tempted to get one but they're insanely expensive :o

Advertisement