Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Likely gonna be heading to the Behemoth and Sabaton gigs as well. Haven't listened to Behemoth in ages but have them blaring out at the minute.

Demigod was my first introduction to what was definitely far and away the most extreme metal I had listened to at the time. Loved it though! Really looking forward to seeing them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

****ing adore this guys videos, but this one is just full of win

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Love the new video for Devin's latest project

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Passenger wrote: »
    Regards Rock & Metal things to do I would recommend Halford Bar. It's probably the most high profile Rock bar in Berlin. If you want something a little more Goth/Alternative then K17 is also worth checking out. It's a venue with 4 floors and different music on each floor. There is also the Rock und Wiking Bar and a few other bars nearby. Or you can check the MTG for suggestions on cool bars/venues to check out as Berlin has plenty of them and they are all reviewed etc. on there.

Nice one man, I'll definitely check out a few of those.
    Deafheaven playing Rosin Dubh and Whelans on 18/8 and 19/8 respectively.
    Should be really good.

:-o

I'm there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Love the new video for Devin's latest project

Speaking of Devy. He's currently seeking fans to submit vocals for his upcoming Ziltoid Z2 album.
    Devin Townsend is now inviting fans to leave their stamp on the forthcoming album by asking them to submit their vocals for a selection of songs and take their spot in what he has dubbed "The Universal Choir."

Maye83 wrote: »
    Nice one man, I'll definitely check out a few of those.

Apparently Halford has moved again so check out their address on their website/Facebook etc. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Passenger wrote: »
    Speaking of Devy. He's currently seeking fans to submit vocals for his upcoming Ziltoid Z2 album.

Ha that's brilliant :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

I cannot deal with this ****ing heat :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Lady in work gave us all Magnums to cool down :)

Had to dig out a non black dress for work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Lady in work gave us all Magnums to cool down

Ha! We had the ice cream truck call around to our building today and we all got free 99's! It was great to get out of the office for a bit and have some ice cream.

In other news, Cork instrumentalists, Rest, have made their entire back catalogue free to download for the day. Well worth checking out last years "I Hold the Wolf" for people for like progressive metal with huge riffs.

http://wearerest.bandcamp.com/album/i-hold-the-wolf

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ha! We had the ice cream truck call around to our building today and we all got free 99's! It was great to get out of the office for a bit and have some ice cream.

In other news, Cork instrumentalists, Rest, have made their entire back catalogue free to download for the day. Well worth checking out last years "I Hold the Wolf" for people for like progressive metal with huge riffs.

http://wearerest.bandcamp.com/album/i-hold-the-wolf

That's good stuff,thanks for posting.

• Advertisement

So, Steam sale :D

Anyone get anything yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,635 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Far Cry 3. Now has been added to my ever-growing list of games I probably won't ever play but really, really want to

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Waiting to see if anything on my wishlist goes up on sale. Main thing I'd be looking for would be either Assassin's Creed Black Flag or Saint's Row.

I picked up the first Witcher so far, but that's it. I've my eye on Van Helsing 2, but that's pretty recently out so dunno if it's gonna go down more than 33% off. Rarely buy new games these days

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, I'm kinda the same, my main exceptions would be Valve games, Pokémon, or something for 40k.

Last time I payed full price for something was Dishonored, I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,635 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Aaaaaaand Bulletstorm. I need more brainless FPSs in my life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

had to share this!

i gotta do a cruise like that! amazing!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I got payday 2 in the steam sales,hope its good.

It is

• Advertisement

Yup.

and prison architect, is payday 2 single and multiplayer?

You can Payday 2 single player, but it ain't as much fun

Yeah, plus the AI can be a bit pants on head retarded. I usually played it with a few of my English friends, 3 of us using different skill trees and one picking whatever one he wanted.

I haven't played much Payday lately, tempted by the new DLC but it's actually pretty damn pricey.

Are we mostly PC gamers here?

Also, if anyone's looking for a recommendation, The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing can be picked up pretty cheap. I grabbed it last year during the winter sale as a complete impulse buy, and I absolutely loved it. It's kind of a steampunk-ey Diablo clone, and was honestly more fun than Diablo 3, great atmosphere and music. Worth checking out the demo anyway ;)http://store.steampowered.com/app/215530/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

For Deftones enthusiasts, thought this project got abandoned long ago, but randomly stumbled across it on YouTube today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Nice interview, Links. Enjoy Bill Bailey and Mikael Akerfeldt very much.

• Advertisement

So, up to anything for the weekend?

Advertisement