Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Gonna head to a friend's house to watch some rasslin', yourself Links?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Ah, was out for a couple of drinks last night with a friend, kinda taking it a bit easy today though was walking the dog and such, but it seems like I suddenly got this whopper of a sinus headache :o Ouch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Ah, sinus headaches suck! I was out at a 70th last night, where I rediscovered how awful Heineken is :P

Tell me about it...

Anticipating what's coming up in the last day of the Steam Sale :) I did get some goodies alright

Been mostly playing The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II :D

I've noticed :pac: My computer is dicking up, so I can't really game. Not 100% sure what's wrong with it, I'm thinking it may be an issue with either the PSU, RAM, or the crappy mobo I'm using.

• Advertisement

It is a very, very fun game :D

that's a pity about your computer though Angron, hope you get it sorted soon enough ;)

HMV has opened back up in Galway, nice to have somewhere in town again where we can get some decent metal

Where abouts is it? I was in a HMV up in Dublin recently, they had a decent enough selection of metal, including a surprising amount of My Dying Bride stuff, but not the one thing I wanted of theirs.

It's in Edward Square, right across from where the old HMV was. Saw plenty of My Dying Bride there as well, was actually looking at A Map Of All our Failures, but didn't chance getting it before the steam sale was over :p

I had been looking for Bring Me Victory, pretty much just for that version of Scarborough Fair :P MDB are my second favourite doom band, just behind Ahab.

Ah hell yeah, that's one hell of a cover :D

I wasn't too up to date with their most recent albums, so still need to get A Line of Deathless Kings too.

Did you get to see them when they played in Dublin?

• Advertisement

Yup, I didn't care for the band that was supporting them though. MDB themselves were fantastic though.

I can't even remember who supported them :o

According to last.fm it was Ava Inferi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

They were much suck.

Must be why I can't remember them :)

I think my feelings at the time were the songs felt like they were built almost solely around the singer belting out solos rather than the music.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Slayer tonight ;)

Enjoy! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Slayer tonight ;)
    Really? Must be living under a rock as I didnt hear much about it.
    Not sure I'd go anyway - aren't they down jeff and kerry now anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

It was the most quietest advertised gig I've noticed in a very long time.

Last year they sold out two shows in a few hours, this time it took them a few days or longer to sell this one out.
    :confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Really? Must be living under a rock as I didnt hear much about it.
    Not sure I'd go anyway - aren't they down jeff and kerry now anyway?

Presume you mean Jeff & Dave Lombardo?

They were the same line up when they played this time last year and they were fookin immense then so hopefully twill be of similar quality tonight.

Love the new name and avatar Business Cat ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Presume you mean Jeff & Dave Lombardo?

They were the same line up when they played this time last year and they were fookin immense then so hopefully twill be of similar quality tonight.

I thought that KFK had also left, no? Weren't there rumors of a new band being formed with Dave, Kerry King and two others? Perhaps I dreamt it.

Anyone here ever brew their own beer out of curiosity?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Nope. Have thought about making mead however.

I did a little brew course before Christmas, and it turned out really well, so I'm finally getting brewing equipment for my birthday soon :D

Nice, gonna go hoppy as heck? :P

I've got 2 kits, an IPA and a Porter. I'm not messing with them yet because I want to just get a few brews under my belt before I start messing around and adding extra hops or the like, but we'll see what I get up to doing once I'd had a few brews done :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Yep, I brew my own stuff. Recently made the jump to extract by making a single hop pale ale and it is only divine! Had one of the lads in work tell me it was the best beer he ever had and had another friend do a blind taste test with his house mates and they all thought it was a commercial beer! But the thing is it was so easy to make such a great tasting beer. I have so many ideas for my next brews, it's just a matter of getting the time and enough bottles to get going.

What equipment are you going to get Links?

• Advertisement

That's awesome Knifey! ;)

The equipment is the homebrew west starter equipment, it's got everything I need. It's all here in the cupboard, I just can't get it yet because it's not my birthday :p

Advertisement