Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Nice. I've probably got something similar, but have added bits and pieces to it for every brew. It's such an additive hobby! It's a pity I won't be able to put on a new batch until the middle of next month, but at least I'll have some fresh Weissebier for the end of summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

http://www.tofugu.com/2014/07/01/mr-heavy-metal-an-interview-with-marty-friedman/

Really cool interview with Marty Friedman from a Japanese language blog I follow, thought a few folks here might find it interesting! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Links234 wrote: »
    http://www.tofugu.com/2014/07/01/mr-heavy-metal-an-interview-with-marty-friedman/

Really cool interview with Marty Friedman from a Japanese language blog I follow, thought a few folks here might find it interesting! ;)

Aye, he's a good musician alright and arguably Megadeth's best "hired" guitarist. He certainly played on their finest releases imo. Though his solo stuff never enamored me as much as some other guitarists of similar stature such as Paul Gilbert, Vinnie Moore, etc. He gave a fantastic performance in The Village when he played.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Got a new phone at the weekend, now every time I browse boards on it all the ads are for "metalhead dating". I think I'll stop using google music :o

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Got a new phone at the weekend, now every time I browse boards on it all the ads are for "metalhead dating". I think I'll stop using google music :o

Are you browsing it using touch?

• Advertisement

Passenger wrote: »
    Aye, he's a good musician alright and arguably Megadeth's best "hired" guitarist. He certainly played on their finest releases imo. Though his solo stuff never enamored me as much as some other guitarists of similar stature such as Paul Gilbert, Vinnie Moore, etc. He gave a fantastic performance in The Village when he played.

I like his solo stuff, but I wouldn't really be a big fan of solo guitarists in general so... nyeeh :o

Missed him when he played last time

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Are you browsing it using touch?

Yeah I am

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Just a heads up.....

FAITH NO MORE just rocked Hyde Park!! SOUNDGARDEN now playing SUPERUNKNOWN in it's entirety!! MIKE McCready just joined then on stage!!

Life is good!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I am one jealous mofo! I was chatting to Billy Gould and the future looks good for us Faith No More fans! Oh god I love Faith No More!!

10501975_10152536644483415_8866628945948717964_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

DME just announced...

Alestorm + Lagerstein + Red Rum + Rainbowdragoneyes
    The Voodoo Lounge - 15th October

Protest The Hero + The Faceless + The Contortionist
    The Voodoo Lounge - Fri. 28th November

Ah bloody hell DME, I can't go to all these gigs :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

You'll have to tell H to stop doing such a good job :pac:

I should've done this more as a kid

Ah bloody hell DME, I can't go to all these gigs :o

Gonna be a busy gig calendar alright. Though it's better to have loads to choose from.
    I should've done this more as a kid

You've just spent the afternoon doing that, haven't you? :P

Gonna be a busy gig calendar alright. Though it's better to have loads to choose from.

You've just spent the afternoon doing that, haven't you? :P

I suppose you're right, but it's gonna be a kicker having to skip gigs you'd love to see otherwise :( I don't think I'll be heading to Alestorm :o

And no, I don't have a ruler :(

I suppose you're right, but it's gonna be a kicker having to skip gigs you'd love to see otherwise :( I don't think I'll be heading to Alestorm :o

And no, I don't have a ruler :(

I'll be attending quite a few of them tbh. A lot of them are weekend gigs too you know, so you can organise a night out and make a weekend of it.

Making a weekend of it in Dubland = finding a place to stay, probably gonna be expensive, getting food for a day, etc... meh :o I'm just not gonna be able to afford to see all the gigs I want. I'll pick a couple and stick to those. Behemoth is a definite though ;)

Making a weekend of it in Dubland = finding a place to stay, probably gonna be expensive, getting food for a day, etc... meh :o I'm just not gonna be able to afford to see all the gigs I want. I'll pick a couple and stick to those. Behemoth is a definite though ;)

Behemoth is selling fast too (as you'd expect with that lineup) so get your ticket asap. Getting mine during the week.

• Advertisement

Behemoth is selling fast too (as you'd expect with that lineup) so get your ticket asap. Getting mine during the week.

Ah well ****, I might not have money to spare until the end of month :o

So, Babymetal, eh? :o

So, Babymetal, eh? :o

They're very popular around these parts. :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I maintain that they're not metal :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Well now that we've brought Kenny Loggins into this... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,635 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Happy Mid Working Week y'all!

Hope you're all good :)
    Any news or happenings?

Booked a free cancellation hotel in Limerick for 2 weekends time, see if Bro Con takes my fancy :cool::P

Going to see Sisters of Mercy with the Better Looking Half this evening, shall be gothically moany :P:)

Is this the 80's pop video thread? :pac:
    Zwillinge wrote: »
    Going to see Sisters of Mercy with the Better Looking Half this evening, shall be gothically moany :P:)

Enjoy SOM, Z. Do you ever go to Revolution?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Enjoy SOM, Z. Do you ever go to Revolution?

I may or may not have won the Alt Fest tickets over the weekend

>_>

<_<

^_^

Advertisement