Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Hope you enjoy Sisters of Mercy ;)
    Passenger wrote: »
    Is this the 80's pop video thread? :pac:

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Zwillinge wrote: »
    I may or may not have won the Alt Fest tickets over the weekend

Ahhh! Very nice, Z. Have a blast. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Is this the 80's pop video thread? :pac:
    ............. Yes.

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,635 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

The 80s is not to be laughed at. Some awesome tunes!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but what does this have to do with 80's pop? :P

Nah, that's good news, means there's at least potential for one last tour.

Morning folks ;)

Afternoon Links! :)

Winding down in work these days and I have been doing NOTHING but flicking around on the internet; t'is a good life.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Was looking at the DME page, I'm annoyed that the announcement they have lined up for the death metal thing is going to be 14+.

I picked up the guitar for the first time in ages after not practicing, and gave myself a blister doing it :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Links234 wrote: »
    I picked up the guitar for the first time in ages after not practicing, and gave myself a blister doing it :p

You got a blister by picking up a guitar?! :eek: How delicate is your skin? :pac:

Very, VERY delicate Passenger :pac: And it's a heavy ass guitar don't ya know!

Housemate asked me if Versailles were K-Pop :p I don't know if he thinks that would actually annoy me, or if he was hoping to get stabbed :pac:

Very, VERY delicate Passenger :pac: And it's a heavy ass guitar don't ya know!

Is it the JP MusicMan?
    Housemate asked me if Versailles were K-Pop :p I don't know if he thinks that would actually annoy me, or if he was hoping to get stabbed :pac:

Was he listening to them or did he just see a pic of them cos then that would be understandable?

Shhh, that's a secret! :)
    It's not actually that heavy at all, I got the blister from playing like mad :D

And no, me and the housemate just constantly insult each other, like non stop. If he ever stopped having goes at me, I'd think something was wrong.

Shhh, that's a secret! :)
    It's not actually that heavy at all, I got the blister from playing like mad :D

And no, me and the housemate just constantly insult each other, like non stop. If he ever stopped having goes at me, I'd think something was wrong.

Aye, I was only being facetious about your blister. :P Must've been shreddin' like nobody's business. :D

Aye, I was only being facetious about your blister. :P Must've been shreddin' like nobody's business. :D

I realize that, and was playing along, duh ;)

fecking wish I was shredding like nobody's business, but trying to learn something new and just kept at it until it hurt :o

In other news, I recon I'm getting somewhere with learning kanji :D

Morning folks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Morning!

friday.jpg

Have a good day and weekend all :D:D

Hoping to see Transformers 4 this evening... Though I know I'm just gonna hate it!

Anyone got any weekend plans?? :)

• Advertisement

It is indeed Zwillinge! :D

Plans are, taking it easy! I've been trying to cut down on some junk food, quite successfully too, now I just gotta resist the urge to go "I didn't eat any chocolate today, I should celebrate this enourmous achievement... WITH CHOCOLATE CAKE!" :D

Hope you enjoy Transformers, even if you're probably gonna hate it. I called it after number 2, I was like nope, never gonna pay money to see another one of those movies. :o

Anything else up with yourself?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Going to Bohs match tonight

Watching World Cup 3/4th playoff tomorrow

Watching World Cup final Sunday

Football!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

FOOOOTBAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWL :p

Hope you enjoy all the sporting fun :)

Know the feeling about the cake, have been doing so well with the non junking and losing weight but now I'm all "It's Transformers; it deserves the large popcorn and coke" :o :pac:

Sportsball, eh?

Gotta+love+the+IT+crowd.+Long+story+short+football+soccer+is_0d1f2f_4796462.gif

My idea is just to try and cut down on stuff, Z. Like, I'm terrible for snacking during the day, so I've been watching that.

I'm still marathoning Supernatural with herself, just finished season 5 there ;)

I'm both happy and sad at the sheer amount of good gigs there are this year, because there's just going to be loads I'm not going to be able to attend :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Been indulging in an unhealthy dose of nostalgia with this

Morning everyone! :D

Going to Bohs match tonight

Watching World Cup 3/4th playoff tomorrow

Watching World Cup final Sunday

Football!

:D

Been a bit quiet here today, anyone up to much?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

For reasons I cannot explain, I've gone on a mad Arena Rock binge today.

Journey featuring most heavily on the rotation. Goddamn, Neal Schon is fúcking unbelievable on guitar and Steve Perry has a voice that would get tears from a stone. Yeah, it's commercial, it's pop-py, it's arena rock in all it's glory... but it's so good. Seriously, what a voice from Steve Perry. Absolutely incredible. You forget sometimes how good a band actually is, but then you sit and listen to them damn near constantly and you remember.

Similar "phases" of "re-discovering" bands I've gone through relatively recently:

-Dokken
    -Megadeth
    -Queensrÿche
    -Bon Jovi
    -UFO
    -Tesla
    -Scorpions
    -Extreme
    -LA Guns

Ain't metal great, guys?! :D

Advertisement