Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

DazMarz wrote: »
    For reasons I cannot explain, I've gone on a mad Arena Rock binge today.

Journey featuring most heavily on the rotation. Goddamn, Neal Schon is fúcking unbelievable on guitar and Steve Perry has a voice that would get tears from a stone. Yeah, it's commercial, it's pop-py, it's arena rock in all it's glory... but it's so good. Seriously, what a voice from Steve Perry. Absolutely incredible. You forget sometimes how good a band actually is, but then you sit and listen to them damn near constantly and you remember.

Similar "phases" of "re-discovering" bands I've gone through relatively recently:

-Dokken
    -Megadeth
    -Queensrÿche
    -Bon Jovi
    -UFO
    -Tesla
    -Scorpions
    -Extreme
    -LA Guns

Ain't metal great, guys?! :D

Have a listen to H.E.A.T - I reckon you'll like them if you like those other bands :) Their Address the Nation album is a classic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I've got a soft spot for journey as well, terrific stuff :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Just spent a couple of hours down at a skatepark this morning. Up until the other week I hadn't been on a board in about 10 years! Great craic though. Definitely has me buzzing since getting home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Somnus wrote: »
    Been indulging in an unhealthy dose of nostalgia with this

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 was where it was at :P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Maye83 wrote: »
    Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 was where it was at :P.

4 was definitely the best of the PS2 era, but THPS2 is just the ultimate classic man :P

• Advertisement

So, I posted a thread about Japanese metal on reddit's /r/metal and I expected to maybe only get a few replies at best, but what do you know? The whole thing has ****ing exploded, biggest thread on the front page currently, over 200 comments, about 350 upvotes with 97% liking it, and it just keeps on going :eek: http://www.reddit.com/r/Metal/comments/2ajhdv/japanese_metal_theres_some_seriously_good_metal/

Seriously didn't expect that!
    But I'm pleased as punch :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Finally you have found some people who share your pathological obsession with Japanese Metal. :P

No, boards just needs to try harder! :p

Do we have any Doctor Who fans in the house? :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yup, saw the trailer. What'd you think?

• Advertisement

Looks damn good! I'm excited :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I liked the T-Rex :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

This man just won Germany the World Cup! :D

10511167_697265216975406_1664999861585545904_n.jpg

Scorpions, Michael Schenker, Accept, Kreator, Helloween, Rammstein... all delighted tonight! :p

Morning! ;)
    Angron wrote: »
    I liked the T-Rex :D

I like that Madame Vastra is back, she was one of the best characters in Who in recent years :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Links has found Reddit fame :D:)

So Transformers 4 - 2 hours for the "plot" to kinda kick in and this sums it up:

Hope you all had a good weekend.
    Gonna give the new Judas Priest a whirl now :)

Hey Zwillinge ;)
    I think boards infamy trumps reddit fame though :D

If at any point I find myself tempted to watch a new Transformers movie, I go and watch Pacific Rim instead:

Kinda didn't do much at the weekend myself, you?

Roll on 2017 for Pacific Rim 2 :D:D

I went to the Arctic Monkeys on Sat; it was good fun, I've never seen them live before, so was kinda glad to mark them off the bucket list ;)

Then re-watched How to Train Your Dragon in preparation for the sequel :)

Awesome ;)

I've not watched many movies at all lately, I picked up The Raid on Bluray for something silly cheap while I was over in London last month, still didn't get around to watching it. :o All herself wants to watch is Supernatural, which is great and all, but it has me a little burned out

Morning. ;)

Morning!

This seems so black, it's brutal
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/richardhjames/scientists-create-a-new-black-the-darkest-material-ever-made :D

How's Supernatural? I've never seen it myself, last night I was catching up on the return of Under the Dome :):o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Good afternoon. I'm pleased with my second ever Qwertee purchase just now.

48665.jpg

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Morning!

This seems so black, it's brutal
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/richardhjames/scientists-create-a-new-black-the-darkest-material-ever-made

How's Supernatural? I've never seen it myself, last night I was catching up on the return of Under the Dome

You could even say there's none more black? :D

Supernatural is a lot of fun, it's about two brothers who hunt monsters and listen to classic rock. There's a lot of humour in it too, it often takes the piss out of itself, and there is a lot of classic rock. Like, a lot. In one episode where they're hunting a grim reaper, the Blue Oyster Cult song Don't Fear The Reaper is featured. This is one of the post-credit bits in one episode:

It also doesn't show any sign of stopping, it's up to season 9 with 10 starting later this year. :eek:

Maye83 wrote: »
    Good afternoon. I'm pleased with my second ever Qwertee purchase just now.

Afternoon! ;)

Yeah, Qwertee can become a problem :p I've got a few shirts from them already

Morning! ;)

And Qwertee today is just beautiful! :)

I got the cheap/surprise bag recently, so am eagerly awaiting, just hope it's not 3 Dr Who tops - I'm not a fan, so if I get them, they're up for grabs :p

How's it only Wednesday? Hope everyone is well!

Hah, well here's hoping it's something you like so ;)

A lot of Ghibli ones lately on there, which is pretty cool to see!

Is it just me or is it quiter than usual around here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Links234 wrote: »
    Is it just me or is it quiter than usual around here?

A tad quiet alright. You should post a Baby Metal thread to stir up some activity. :D

Ah hell no! :eek:

I'll go play some guitar instead :p

Ever have one of those days where you sit down to do something, and get interupted by everyone and every thing? :mad: home alone now, so I get a chance to try and learn something

• Advertisement

Passenger wrote: »
    A tad quiet alright. You should post a Baby Metal thread to stir up some activity. :D

Don't even joke about that!

Advertisement