Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

So Angron, how about them there doughnuts? :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Don't make me shake my fist! :P

Went to the market on saturday and got a bag of donuts that me, herself and our housemate shared... t'was nommyliscious :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

shakingfist.gif

67253-archer-deal-with-it-gif-NRxp.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Any excuse to post this

post-35385-cant-deal-with-it-gif-llama-Im-uq0G.gif

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Links234 wrote: »
    67253-archer-deal-with-it-gif-NRxp.gif

Someone's asking to get fed a big bowl of spider webs!

:pac:

Ah I feel exhausted right now :o

I've been playing some guitar today, but I think that's enough for the mo. was watching Leda's first guitar DVD, actually managed to learn something new, kinda, the main riff off Frontier, but it's gonna take a lot of work. I still need to finish learning this song though:

Some day I'll be able to play it :p ... some day ... :(

Has everyone here seen this yet?

Hey folks, metal thread in AH, if you wanna show your faces and represent ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Links flying the flag for the R&M community. Do us proud, Links. ;)

Nice way to work in an Atari Jaguar reference :pac:

Angron wrote: »
    Nice way to work in an Atari Jaguar reference :pac:

Always :D

Could do with a few R&M regulars to tell folks on the thread it's a good forum here ;)

It's surprising how many Metalheads are on here but never post in the R&M forum.

Passenger wrote: »
    It's surprising how many Metalheads are on here but never post in the R&M forum.

I think a lot of people get really put off when there's that "That's not TRUE metal, gtfo!" pissing contest that some more obnoxious metal fans pull, I've gotten it myself before, some forums can be really bad for it. So to avoid it, they don't bother posting in a forum dedicated to metal, just in case. Kinda sucks when you think about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Yeah, was just thinking that myself. They might make their way over after seeing the thread now though!

I think a lot of people get really put off when there's that "That's not TRUE metal, gtfo!" pissing contest that some more obnoxious metal fans pull, I've gotten it myself before, some forums can be really bad for it. So to avoid it, they don't bother posting in a forum dedicated to metal, just in case. Kinda sucks when you think about it.

Aye, true enough. Maybe its a point to consider that this forum gets less traffic compared to other Rock/Metal forums as people actually enjoy participating in that kind of nonsense. People sometimes appear more than happy to pigeonhole themselves and others based on what genres they listen to. The Baby Metal thread being an example.
    Somnus wrote: »
    Yeah, was just thinking that myself. They might make their way over after seeing the thread now though!

Will you clean the place before they arrive, seeing as you're the Mod? Just do a bit of dusting over there and sweep the floor too. We want to make a good impression. :D Links, grab a brush.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Currently active members as of right now: 2

I think it's working :p

Links, grab a brush.

I'll decorate ;)

Serious suggestion: Why not post a 'Forum Feedback' thread, like some other forums do? Also, new charter as the old one is way outdated. Who even uses terms like warez any more, and how many people would know what that means?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Greetings from AH! *little wave*
    Just thought I'd pop in here for a bit to see if the forum was active. I'd like to say thanks for posting that great thread, Links- you made my night and now my computer is groaning from all the new music I've been downloading.
    I occasionally lurk on this forum for band news and to giggle at the Funny Thread and I agree that we could use a Forum Feedback thread along with a new charter. Perhaps the AH thread might be the proverbial chum in the water? :)

• Advertisement

I remember!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Bring back album of the week!

Morning folks ;)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Serious suggestion: Why not post a 'Forum Feedback' thread, like some other forums do? Also, new charter as the old one is way outdated. Who even uses terms like warez any more, and how many people would know what that means?

Not a bad idea there
    Bring back album of the week!

I vote Deicide ;)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I vote Deicide ;)
    Oh dear :pac:

I vote Rammstein!

I'd say there'd be a few people here who'll enjoy this!

Not a bad idea there

I vote Deicide ;)
    We already got one of the Deicide albums up there :P

Morning folks ;)

• Advertisement

Hey Links. Your Metal thread seems to have went well. Any plans for tonight?

Advertisement