Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Yo Passenger ;)

It has indeed! I'm actually a little surprised at that, there seems to be more metal fans around that I'd have guessed. Gonna be meeting up with some friends for a drink later on, but it's gonna be horribly busy around town so I don't know if I'll be staying out long. Also should be going to see the Monty Python live thing that's gonna be in cinemas tomorrow :D That should be an awful amount of fun!

How about yourself? Any weekend plans?

Oh, did I mention I picked up one of the My Dying Bride albums that I didn't have? Bless you HMV reopening :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

The thread received a surprising amount of activity alright. Who knew there were so many Metal heads knocking around Boards. Nicely done on the My Dying Bride. Have a few of their releases too but haven't listened to them in years. Must give Turn Loose the Swans a spin. What albums did you pick up anyway?

I'm gonna have a few crafty beverages and check out a mates band. I'm having an O'Hara's Leann Follain right now. Nom nom nom. Love the stuff. :D

Picked up A Line of Deathless Kings ;)

Mmm, that Leann Follain is good stuff! :D I'm in the mood for some Jarl tonight, or maybe something along those lines

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I love ALODK, Deeper Down was one of the first My Dying Bride songs I ever heard. I'm still on the lookout for a copy of Bring Me Victory, I love that cover of Scarborough Fair.

Still, they are only my second favourite doom band, behind the mighty Germans, Ahab.

One of my first albums of theirs was The Light at the End of the World, I know a lot of people didn't like it compared to their ealier stuff, but I ****ing loved it, it was bordering more on Death Metal than their previous albums. Damn it's got this bleak atmosphere to it, really something else :eek:

• Advertisement

There you are, having a nice drink with friends, and all of a sudden, mother****ing dragons outta nowhere! :eek:

10544355_10203380991738482_7030082376644283381_n.jpg

That was my night last night :)

How is everyone's weekend going?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Links234 wrote: »
    Also should be going to see the Monty Python live thing that's gonna be in cinemas tomorrow :D That should be an awful amount of fun!

Oh, I have tickets for that as well. I'm really looking forward to it now.

Nice one Knifey Spoony ;)

Morning folks! ;)

Monty Python was fun :D Gonna try do a good bit of study today.

What's everyone else up to?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Hey o/

Working away!!

How was Monty Python? From what I could gather from my social media feeds was UFC and Monty Python was the weekend :)

Was at Bro Con in Limerick, played a few games and got to go to some panels, so happy out :)

Studying Japanese Links?

• Advertisement

Heyooo Zwillinge ;)

Good times had at Bro Con then?

And yeah, what else but Japanese? Studying kanji mostly, I should really get more of the grammar down, but I'm getting really far with the kanji

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

I really enjoyed Monty Python last night. Loved the Whizzos Chocolates sketch and the cameo from Stephen Hawking.

The Brian Cox/Stephen Hawking bit was hilarious, probably best moment of the whole show! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I started singing this at one stage last night

Saw this on my youtube feed, listening to it 'cos I thought the artwork was cool, very 40k

Yeah, at a glance you could mistake that for something 40k-ish.

By the way Angron, did you see this on qwertee?

49523.jpg

Nah I hadn't. I rarely think to look at qwertee though.

Morning ;)

Links234 wrote: »
    Heyooo Zwillinge ;)

Good times had at Bro Con then?

And yeah, what else but Japanese? Studying kanji mostly, I should really get more of the grammar down, but I'm getting really far with the kanji

Yer, very good times. Got to meet Diamanda Hagan and see her panel, I listen to her videos most weeks, so that was nice :D And I picked up a Magic deck, so shall hopefully be gaming soon enough!

I have Japanese class this evening, still working on the Hiragana myself. Hoping to see How to Train Your Dragon 2 :)

How's all in here? Enjoying the mad heat?

• Advertisement

No, I'm hating the heat :( It's awful

Need any help with the hiragana?

Not seen the first How To Train Your Dragon. Not even seen Despicable Me either, which as far as I know, is a must :o for shame

When I seen that Qwertee, I squeed way too hard btw :o ^_^

I just need to study the hiragana more, I'm terribly lazy and get distracted with TV and Games :o

Despicable Me is worth a look for Minions :D

Zwillinge, Hiragana is quite easy to master, the main trick is learning to recognise the characters, and for that mnemonics help. Something like this, although very childish, is very effective: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdJdRwjPVkM

If you associate each character with something, it makes it dead easy to recognise and remember, instead of just trying to remember the characters themselves. Once you make those associations, you'll be able to read the hiragana right off. You might need to work on writing them, but the biggest hurdle is over with, recognizing and remembering them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Watch the Sam Dunn documentary Global Metal; he goes to Indonesia in it and there is a HUGE metal scene there! It's quite incredible how such an ungodly form of music can find a home in the country with the world's largest Muslim population... but there you go!!!

Gave the trailer a look anywho ;)

They used some Sigh in that! :D

Hey folks! ;)

God, this heat is killing me :eek: I've been getting headaches, I've been tired as hell, and it's been really hard for me to concentrate these past few days :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Try working in a sweatbox of an office that's about 20 square meters, no air in it at all, no properly functioning windows, no fan, no air conditioner, nothing.

Headaches, blocked sinus... ugh... It's awful!!!

Add in that I cannot wear anything but black shirts, lest I be showing off the sweat patches!!! :o

Morning folks ;)

• Advertisement

Morning o/

^^ Agreed on the black, don't wanna be showing my sweaty shame :o
    Oddly enough, the rock t-shirts from Penny's are the best for this heat, they're made from looser material, so now everyone knows I like Guns n Roses :o:p

How's everyone coping? I just wanna curl into a gigantic ball and sleep. We need to bring in siestas! The Spanish were onto something there!

Advertisement