Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Was in Brussels, Munich, Vienna and Prague.

Oh the beer, it would make you weep.

Nice! How was Vienna? Did you get up to much? It's a city that intrigues me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Wow, just had an awesome hangover meal :D

my mum sometimes gives us goodies from her house when she's clearing out her fridge, so lucky me that she pulled a big steak from her freezer, so I took it out last night to defrost. now steak usually isn't great when it's been frozen, so I cooked it in some soy sauce and mirin and BAM it was absolutely gorgeous! :D Finishing up with a big cup of coffee and slice of carrot cake. Think I won't be eating for the rest of the week after that :pac:

Ye can't whack a decent steak alright.

You know, it might be sacreligious, but I'm not the worlds biggest steak fan. I'd often prefer a good piece of fish, normally cheaper and for my palette, tastier :D Freaked out my sister once when we were at a restaurant and I got a sea bass that still had it's head. I may or may not have faced it towards her a couple of times too :p

but yeah, sometimes a good steak just hits the spot :D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Passenger wrote: »
    Nice! How was Vienna? Did you get up to much? It's a city that intrigues me.

Really liked Vienna. Didn't do a whole lot specifically, we were happy to wander about and discover things ourselves. Went up to Prater Park, which has a theme park with free entry which was good craic. Also did a cruise along the Danube. There's loads of people pushing concerts and operas and such which is a bit off putting, even though we did go to an Opera in Prague :pac:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

Links234 wrote: »
    You know, it might be sacreligious, but I'm not the worlds biggest steak fan. I'd often prefer a good piece of fish, normally cheaper and for my palette, tastier :D Freaked out my sister once when we were at a restaurant and I got a sea bass that still had it's head. I may or may not have faced it towards her a couple of times too :p

Never get fish when in a restaurant. Dunno why. Though I do enjoy it and eat salmon on a weekly basis. When there's a fillet steak on the menu it's hard to order anything else. :D
    Really liked Vienna. Didn't do a whole lot specifically, we were happy to wander about and discover things ourselves. Went up to Prater Park, which has a theme park with free entry which was good craic. Also did a cruise along the Danube. There's loads of people pushing concerts and operas and such which is a bit off putting, even though we did go to an Opera in Prague :pac:

Would love to experience an opera. Vienna is apparently the place to do it. Where did you see the opera in Prague by the way? It was never on the agenda when I was there.

Well, steak is steak, there's not a whole lot of variety. good seafood is how I measure if a restaurant is good or not,

Also, between this thread and the pubs on, we're talking about good food, beer, travel and opera! we're coming over all cultured round these parts, aren't we? :D

Well, steak is steak, there's not a whole lot of variety. good seafood is how I measure if a restaurant is good or not,

Also, between this thread and the pubs on, we're talking about good food, beer, travel and opera! we're coming over all cultured round these parts, aren't we? :D

Oh we're the most urbane bunch a Rockers you ever did see. :pac:

Passenger wrote: »

Would love to experience an opera. Vienna is apparently the place to do it. Where did you see the opera in Prague by the way? It was never on the agenda when I was there.

It was in the Estates Theatre. We saw 'Don Giovanni', music written by Mozart, which was first performed there back in 1787, so that's pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

How is everyone? Hope you all had a good weekend :D

• Advertisement

Morning ;)

Not so bad Reiketsu, saturday was great fun, I was out at my language/culture exchange group and that ended up just going on all night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Haha, happy days then :D. I met some friends on Saturday and then had a friend come stay at mine for the night. Lots of drinks and crap food consumed!

Finally got around to watching Despicable Me :pac:

Never watched either of them myself, is it worth bothering with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Second one lulled a bit in the middle, but was still great. The first one is a must see. For anyone!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Metal Insider’s Top 5: Performances of Heavy Montreal 2014

Capture.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I can imagine Babymetal running it's course sooner than later.

Oh my god, nobody cares! They played a festival over in Canada, wow, so did some 50 other bands or something, who cares?!

So, other than that, how's folks this morning?

• Advertisement

Next time I'm in the possession of frozen steak, I'm trying this :D

So, other than that, how's folks this morning?

Little bit devastated about Robin Williams :(

Yeah, came as quite a shock :(

Finally assembled all 4 editions! :D

e9F4FOml.jpg

Got the whole series, and am absolutely ****ing thrilled! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Something weird happened an hour ago. I linked someone to a Blood Ceremony track (My Demon Brother) because of the cool female vocals. She linked back to a Babymetal track and I felt obligated to listen out of politeness. And I liked it. Then I asked for another track and I liked that too. Now I've been going through Youtube checking out songs. I dunno what's wrong with me.

They're so happy! :D:D:D But metal... :mad::mad::mad: But HAPPY! :D:p:D But metal. :mad::mad::mad: They even have blast beats! :confused: :mad: :D

Edit: And I hit the limit of smiley faces in a post with that post.

Second Edit: I've gone of them since this last song. It's a bit nu metal. That I won't tolerate.

Third Edit: It's like the Eurovision collided with Wacken.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Hey All o/

Been a hectic last while - funerals everywhere!
    Also; 2014 - a dark year for losing some fantastic cinema legends </3 :(
    Was heartbroken yesterday :(

So BabyMetal is still a thing? :):P:cool:

Seeing Amon Amarth tonight - VIKINGS!! *charge* :D:D

Ah Babymetal are not bad by any stretch

Enjoy Amon Amarth tonight Zwillinge! And anyone else who's going ;)

Thought it was today I supposed to be going to the hospital, but turns out I got dates mixed up and it isn't until tomorrow, so instead of spending a couple of hours waiting in the hospital feels like I've a free day now! :D

Heading to Earth myself tonight

Just realised it's leaving cert results night so town will be mental most likely :rolleyes:

Results night? Oh dear, that's reminded me to hide under a rock :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Couldn't decide between Amon Amarth or Earth, then realised I've no money so it's all moot anyway......

Advertisement