Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

There's no buzz about Halloween this year at all :(. Not here anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Honestly, I haven't been a halloween fan for years, so many people just treat it like any other binge-fest. I have been invited to a house party this year though, which should be cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I love halloween. Great excuse to dress up, look like an offensive moron and be amongst loads of others that also look like morons.

For the last two years, I've been gigging and not been able to go out/dress up. But three years ago, I went to my local as Fritzl

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

That's pretty awful tbh.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Haven't done anything for Halloween for a few years now, not since I finished my undergrad.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

There's a great parade on Halloween in Cork called The Dragon of Shandon. It's honestly the best parade I've seen in Ireland. It wasn't on last year but it will be on this year so I'm definitely going to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

I love Halloween and there's loads to do, in Dublin anyway.

Few cinemas are showing Horror films (Odeon has Halloween, IMCs have Rocky Horror) and I think the Horror Drive In is back in Meath.

Also the Bram Stoker Festival: http://www.bramstokerfestival.com/

Have been making a costume this year - I'll probably hate it by the time it comes around now though :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I hate Ireland sometimes. It's absurd how many bands do European tours, and just skip this place altogether. Hell, I remember before seeing a tour that had 5 bloody dates in the UK, nothing here.

It sucks alright Angron, and honestly a fair few cities around Ireland have the population to support shows if bands did Irish tours, Galway, Cork, Limerick, etc, but no promoter seems to want to take the initiative on that.

btw, anyone here try the new Payday 2 DLC? :D ****ing epic!

• Advertisement

Nah, computer is still not working right :(

Ah **** :/

Jeez but do I feel like poop today. I haven't been great all week but currently just want to curl up into a wee ball in bed. Bugs - the downside of seasons changing :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Bah! My headphones have given up on me :(

Anyone have any recommendations for over ear headphones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Bah! My headphones have given up on me :(

Anyone have any recommendations for over ear headphones?

What's your price range, Knifey Spoony?

The Sennheiser Momentum are fantastic or anything Sennheiser for that matter.

Be nice to pick something up for under €100, but would be willing to go higher.

It was a pair of Sennheiser HD202 that I had and I really liked them, so I'll say I'll stick with Sennheiser.

I'll check out the Momentum headphones. Thanks, Passenger.

Hey folks, hope everyone's having a good weekend :D

Happy National Homebrewing Day everyone! :)

Did you crack open any of your last batch Links?

There's a national homebrewing day?

And yes, I did! It's nice but I think it needs longer in the bottle tbh

Apparently so. I went to a brewing demo today in honour of the day and stayed around town for a few pints after. Any day which lets me have a few early afternoon pints while watching beer being made is all right with me.

• Advertisement

I've had a very quiet weekend. I stayed at my Mum's last night and spent most of my day in bed with a migraine (again). Still feeling kind of rough and all I want to do is sleep. Wasted weekend.

I've been playing way too much Payday 2. :p

Had friends over the last 2 days which was great fun, and today myself & herself just had a bit of time to ourselves so we went for pizza :D today was awesome. :)

Sorry to hear that Reiketsu, hope you feel better soon

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Having my 2nd quiet weekend in a row, and I'm quite happy with it tbh, getting old :pac:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Also having a quiet weekend in, I find that I enjoy the nights out more if I put a bit of space in between them. I've become old haven't I :o

Went to see Madball in Fibbers last night. It was packed. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

I went to see Darkest Era on Friday night and there was no one at it.
    Such a pity as I think their new album Severance is one of the best releases of the year ,I really enjoyed their gig but it must be disheartening playing to feck all people

Another reason I went was to take in Stereo Nasty, savage gig from them also seeing as it was their 1st gig.Recommend people keep an eye out for them.

Nea wrote: »
    I went to see Darkest Era on Friday night and there was no one at it. Such a pity as I think their new album Severance is one of the best releases of the year ,I really enjoyed their gig but it must be disheartening playing to feck all people

Another reason I went was to take in Stereo Nasty, savage gig from them also seeing as it was their 1st gig.Recommend people keep an eye out for them.

Really?! Would've expected a half decent crowd at that gig tbh.

On a similar note both the Behemoth (11th Dec) and Kreator/Arch Enemy (20th Dec) gigs are selling well according to DME.

Heading to Destruction in the Voodoo Lounge on Sat and expect a good crowd for that too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

I was surprised by the attendance myself, seeing it was only a tenner in,merch was nicely priced too.
    It must have been the rain.....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Passenger wrote: »
    Went to see Madball in Fibbers last night. It was packed. :pac:

Love madball, Good show?

• Advertisement

Love madball, Good show?

It was a decent gig, aye. Good energy and the crowd were into it.

Advertisement