Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Caprica6

It is not so much as the recession effecting my music choices, the last time I bought a copy of metal hammer or kerrang there were actually real bands who made real class music, it appears to have gone all emo or screamo..If I had to pick up a copy of them there magazines today I would be mighty confused!!!

Old music is by far the best I honestly cant remember the last time I bothered to buy a cd.

I still go to gigs however of good bands :D
    There is just no comparison of Pantera to my **** romance or avril Lavigine to pearl jam!!! (she's still hip with the kids right??? :P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Why is it, I can be tired all day, but as soon as 10pm comes, I'm all like this?

1402265978642.gif

No Idea maybe some of us are just supposed to be nocturnal.. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Caprica6 wrote: »
    It is not so much as the recession effecting my music choices, the last time I bought a copy of metal hammer or kerrang there were actually real bands who made real class music, it appears to have gone all emo or screamo..If I had to pick up a copy of them there magazines today I would be might confused!!!

Old music is by far the best I honestly cant remember the last time I bothered to buy a cd.

I still go to gigs however of good bands :D
    There is just no comparison of Pantera to my **** romance or avril Lavigine to pearl jam!!! (she's still hip with the kids right??? :P)

Stick to what you like my friend. ;) And if you have to consult publications such as Metal Hammer or Kerrang for cutting edge Metal recommendations then you might be disappointed alright.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Well said lol

• Advertisement

Ah when I was a teenager that's what I use to look forward to getting them when, Eddie Vedder or James Hetfield & co were on the cover.
    Not sure when it all turned to poop exactly :P but it did in style. Can't beat a bit of maiden, korn or s.o.a.d on a Sunday :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Links234 wrote: »
    Why is it, I can be tired all day, but as soon as 10pm comes, I'm all like this?

1402265978642.gif

Well if you're exactly like that, then I'd say the problem may be the big pile of cocaine :pac:

You know what band I am falling in love with all over again Type O negative!!!!

Erm drugs are bad M'kay? :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I have a Type O related tattoo :D

:0 Epic whats it like? :o !!!! What a man what a voice though!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Angron wrote: »
    Well if you're exactly like that, then I'd say the problem may be the big pile of cocaine :pac:

Nope

782c920595a034d30f03c17ed2874f047c78cfae_full.jpg

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

:0 Epic whats it like? :o !!!! What a man what a voice though!!!

Are you referring to Pete's infamous Playgirl shoot? :eek:

:O He didn't have an angry inch any way :O

It's the hammer and sickle from this t-shirt:
    113173611651079340057.jpg
    I have that as a hoodie, where I got the idea.

That's Pretty sweet!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Type O Negative are unreal.

I'll always be gutted I've never had a chance to see Type O live.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Took the better looking half to visit London for the weekend for his annual celebration of the birthing!

Went to see Book of Mormon and I picked up a copy of Eternal Sonata for a fiver... Hope it's decent now :)

How's everyone here??

Type O Negative - O its been awhile!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

One of my favourite zombie/horror/comedy films of all time is the 1985 Return Of The Living Dead. It's an absolute classic. With a great theme music... Today, I stumbled across a rock/metal version of said tune. To say it is all kinds of zombie-killing awesome is an understatement.

For posterity, here are both versions:

The original, 80's-synth version:

And the tooled-up, metal version:

Come at me, bro!!! (screamed at a horde of zombies!) :D

Oh man, Return of the Living Dead is so cheesy 80's good! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Passenger wrote: »
    Are you referring to Pete's infamous Playgirl shoot? :eek:

Got a bootleg years ago think it was nicely titled "Steele Dick" but the cover was himself thing in hand prob from said shoot, needless to say girl at the counter didn't seem to know what to make of me :D:D:D

Cooking a gigantic curry again, wonder how long it'll last this time? I hope to get 2 days out of it at least :D

Got a bootleg years ago think it was nicely titled "Steele Dick" but the cover was himself thing in hand prob from said shoot, needless to say girl at the counter didn't seem to know what to make of me :D:D:D

Well kudos for having the dedication to go ahead with the purchase. A true Type O fan. :D

Bwhahahahaha oh dear :P epic!!!

Hey folks ;)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Hey Links, plans for the weekend?

New Blind guardian single due out in December, with a new album in January. Hopefully it's a step up from the last effort.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Happy Friday All :)

Hope you all have wonderfully weird and delightful weekends! :pac:

Am seeing Dracula Untold and Legend (Lighthouse cinema) over the weekend and working on my Halloween costume :o

Trying to stay indoors, as I've got the sniffles :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

New Blind guardian single due out in December, with a new album in January. Hopefully it's a step up from the last effort.

Feel like I've been waiting forever for the London gig already, and it's still around 6 months away...

Hey all ;)

Ah Sciencenerd, just a friend coming to stay for weekend, heading out for a few saturday then. Gonna be fun. Also gonna take herself for dinner one of the days. I'm looking forward to it! :D

Mmm, new Blind Guardian :D

In other news, I've been kinda falling behind with my studies :o

• Advertisement

Gonna stall to Destruction in the Voodoo Lounge on Sat and maybe check out Revolution upstairs afterwards.

Advertisement