Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I'd love to have a decent record player and start a vinyl collection. Not really finacially viable right now... but some day.

Do you have a player all ready Grayditch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Orphaned Land were awesome last night! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Somnus wrote: »
    I'd love to have a decent record player and start a vinyl collection. Not really finacially viable right now... but some day.

Do you have a player all ready Grayditch?

If I can sell a guitar, I'll be getting a decent system with a good turntable before Christmas. Rega RP1, I'm looking at. €299 :/

Nea wrote: »
    Looking forward to it also.
    I went to see Bloody Kisses at the weekend. It was a great gig, savage setlist.They did Type O justice.

They were, they work really hard to get the sound as close as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Links234 wrote: »
    Orphaned Land were awesome last night! :D

Great gig. Bad turnout again tho.I enjoyed them more last time which I would put down to Yossi plus venue.

Give me the Pint over Voodoo any day

• Advertisement

I thought it was quite an intimate gig, so not gonna complain too much about the turnout. But ****ing hell the Voodoo's nothing like it used to be at all, what have they done with it?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Nea wrote: »
    Give me the Pint over Voodoo any day

Really? Saw Grand Magus in both venues and it was a far better gig in the Voodoo.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Yo folks, how's the weekend treating you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Went to see Interstellar on Friday night and I can say that it's been a hell of a long time since I have come out of the cinema so awed after a film. It's an amazing spectacle, but will wreck your head.

Going to be a lazy Sunday now.

Really want to see Interstellar :D

T-shirts on Qwertee are really tempting, FUTURAMA! :D

• Advertisement

Links234 wrote: »
    Really want to see Interstellar :D

Hearing really good things from people who've seen it, hoping to go see it next weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Just bought my Korpiklaani and Tyr tickets for December 4th at the O2 Centre in Islington. Operation "convince indie and dance loving OH of the merits of folk and viking metal" is now in progress :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

If the video for Wooden Pints doesn't convert him, then nothing will

Best video ever.

Godspeed You! Black Emperor playing Vicar street next April, I'm very excited :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Who's heading to Eluveitie in The Button Factory on Sat?

Nah, next gig for me is Sabaton... or does Hatsune Miku at Eirtakon count? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Mastodon next week. That kinda snuck up on me. Have a ticket for Sabaton too but pretty sure I'm rostered for work, will have to sort something out for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

So... Big Business are supporting Mastodon and then also playing their own intimate headline show afterwards on the same night. Once I found this out, I canceled my search for a Mastodon ticket and bought a BB one through tickets.ie. The event was subsequently canceled because they have to change venue, but nothing has been confirmed yet.

What's my play here? Annoy the crap out of the promoter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Did anyone pick up Red Enemys album? They are a Metal band from Dublin. It's pretty crushing stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Really? Saw Grand Magus in both venues and it was a far better gig in the Voodoo.

I have preferred the gigs I saw in The Pint atmosphere wise, then again anything I attended in Voodoo in the past year didnt have a great turnout and would have been cosier in The Pint

Hey folks! ;)

If you've not seen this yet, well then, see it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Hey Links :D. How are you?

Not too bad, yourself?

I planned to stay in cos I wasn't feeling great, but I got dragged out and drank some polish mead someone brought along, among other things. :o

Haha, ah well! Doesn't sound like a bad night :P. I would have loved to have gone out tonight but I'm fairly skint. Almost have my Christmas shopping finished though so I can get out after that :). This week and weekend has really dragged for me.

Well, it didn't cost me anything, so there's that! :D

That's awesome! Nearly have my Christmas shopping done too, even have my turkey!

I'll be finished next week, turkey and all :D. Booze cupboard too :pac:. I'm always glad I start early, December ends up being a nice month enjoying the lead up :).

Same as myself, love having everything out of the way, then I can chill in the weeks before Christmas, not have to worry about anything. They've got Wychwood's Bah Humbug in Supervalu 4 for €10, so I think I might stock up one of the days :D

I best head to bed soon, it's getting a wee bit late :o

I have some vodka but will probably pick up some other stuff if I spy anything nice. Haha yeah, I'm trying to drag myself off the sofa....my bed is infinitely more comfortable!

• Advertisement

Morning folks! :D

Advertisement