Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I really want to try these

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Those sound too damn good! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Seen Avengers Age Of Ultron figurines on Facebook, this immediately came to mind

shut-up-and-take-my-money-9299-2560x1600.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Free of work until January now and have a tour of the craft beer pubs of Cork lined up for tonight to get me into the festive mood.

Did you do the Bierhaus pub crawl? Or was this your own thing?
    Links234 wrote: »
    same as, really shouldn't be eating it either, but because it's christmas I'm all like SCREW THE CONSEQUENCES! biggrin.png

HAVE A VERY \m/ERRY CHRISTMAS!

The Gogol Bordello gig during the week was amazing. I spent the first half of the show drinking a pint on the balcony. Once the pint was gone I danced my arse off. Gogol were superb (even if the main guy is being sued by loads of the old members.) I haven't been to very many gigs but I'd say this would be hard to top. It was also easy enough to get the bus up and down on the same day, I might try it again for another gig even I would be going solo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Lyaiera wrote: »
    Did you do the Bierhaus pub crawl? Or was this your own thing?

Went on the Bierhaus one. It was a good laugh and many a fine beer was had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Went on the Bierhaus one. It was a good laugh and many a fine beer was had.

I went on the Bierhaus one too! <engage stalker mode> Was I talking to you? I joined in at the Abbots. I was wearing the purple cowl neck top, long hair, drank a Kinnegar in the Fran Well, 8 Degrees Dubbel in the Friary, The Blacks' Stout and Metalman in the Bierhaus, Indian Summer and St Bernardus in the the Abbots.

That was a crazy night. I was a little hungover the next day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Lyaiera wrote: »
    I went on the Bierhaus one too! <engage stalker mode> Was I talking to you? I joined in at the Abbots. I was wearing the purple cowl neck top, long hair, drank a Kinnegar in the Fran Well, 8 Degrees Dubbel in the Friary, The Blacks' Stout and Metalman in the Bierhaus, Indian Summer and St Bernardus in the the Abbots.

That was a crazy night. I was a little hungover the next day.

Not too sure if I talked to you, my memory's a little fuzzy. I was the guy with long hair and a beard and I was wearing a Slomatics tee. Had some Full Irish, Indian Summer, Dubbel, Chieftain IPA, Blacks Imperial Stout and a few others in the Bierhaus at the end.

Great night alright. Fair play to Dave from the Bierhaus for the free drinks.

THis sounds like a damn fun pub crawl! :eek:

afternoon everyone ;)

hey folks, everyone enjoying the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Hey Links :D.

I'm having a really quiet weekend. Some TV, some games, some food :P. My daughter is at her grandmothers from yesterday until Monday so I'm sort of lost on how to fill my time.....but I'm sure I'll manage haha. How's your weekend going? :)

• Advertisement

Good!

Steam Sale is on, bought one thing which is taking forever to download :eek: What games you playing?

At the minute I'm giving Lords of Shadow a wee replay. I have loads of games that aren't even finished but I alwats end up going back to the favourites :pac:. What did you buy?

Ack I bought Lords of Shadow in the summer, still need to play it :eek:

I got Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance ;)

It isn't going to be finished downloading tonight, and I'm cooking Christmas Dinner tomorrow :eek: so probably too busy preparing everything to play it. got everything I need for dinner though, gonna be soooo good :D

Aw I can't wait for my Christmas dinner on Thursday :D. My mum and I will be cooking it....or at least trying to as we both have our own way of doing things and like to be left to it :P. I've cooked the whole thing the past two years myself though. Good times of food and drink ahead :D

I didn't want to buy any games in the sale, but I'm really considering buying the revamped Outcast. I bought it when I was younger but my parents' PC was just not powerful enough so I couldn't enjoy it and over time, lost the disk. It got crazily mixed reviews.

I guess I'm a bit weird that I have 2 Christmas dinners, lol :p Will be giving my girlfriend her gifts tomorrow as well, so it's practically 2 Christmases entirely

Q: What's better than Christmas dinner?

A: Two Christmas dinners!

:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Screw turkey, I'm having steak for Christmas dinner!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Angron wrote: »
    Screw turkey, I'm having steak for Christmas dinner!

Me too.

• Advertisement

I can't imagine having steak for Christmas

I'd mix it up with duck or goose or something, or even pork but steak? meh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I would love a nice rib eye steak on Xmas day. I despise Turkey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Also just reading reports about the Kreator gig last night . So sickened to have had to sell my ticket for it. I still have never seen them play. Bloody families!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I always have steak for Christmas. Never really liked turkey, while a nice rare steak is fantastic.

I love steak but it'd be weird to have it with Christmas dinner to me. I'll be in London forNew Years and my friends and I are booked into The Savoy for dinner on New Year's day. I'll be having steak then. Better be the best one of my life :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Steak and sweet potato fries.......mmmmmmmmmm

Steak and sweet potato fries.......mmmmmmmmmm
    One of my housemates is on a bit of a kick of making sweet potato fries, they are pretty good all right.

Mmm, I can get aboard with sweet potato fries

But honestly? when it comes to steak, I actually think it's a bit overrated. I used to eat steak a lot more than I do now, and I find the thing is, it's super easy to cook and there's not a whole lot to do with it. A steak's a steak pretty much anywhere, ribeye medium rare, you know exactly what you're getting, it's gonna be good, but I've gotten to the point where I just think it's a bit meh. if I'm eating out, I like to try something that I can't do at home, and at home I can cook a mean steak in a few minutes, bit of olive oil, hot pan, pssshhtt, flip, psssshhtt, serve with fried onions and mushrooms and whatever else you want, done.

Turkey is awesome, but I think a load of people dislike turkey because they've had bad turkey before, overcooked and dry and horrible. turkey shouldn't be dry! I'm basting mine in butter and then wrapping it in smoked bacon, it's going to be DAMNED good :D

My turkey is never dry and I dont do anything particularly special with it. I'm just that good :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

It's all about the stuffing really, I'd happily eat a big bowl of stuffing for christmas dinner

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Advertisement