Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

So, my sister thinks I'm such a weeaboo, she got me Katana Chopsticks! :pac:

katana_chopsticks_1.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Only thinks? :pac:

Angron wrote: »
    Only thinks? :pac:

Yeah, it's puzzling me because I've no idea where she got that idea from :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I think my dinner of microwaved potato stuffing, spiced beef and turkey was the best thing about last night after dancing my arse off. Thank you Mammy for loading dishes of food for me before I came back to my apartment.

Yeah, I got sent home with bags full of stuff, loads of biscuits and crisps and a gigantic dark toblerone! :D Gotta be careful not to overindulge, already put on some weight :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

We have about a million selection boxes to get through. Challenge accepted :pac:

I'm pretty sure it's all those leftover biscuits, cakes and assorted chocolates that are the real reason people put on weight over Christmas, I've got pretty much a full genoa cake that my mum had only taken one slice of before pawning it off on me :pac: I also got home made biscotti and a huge bag of bombay mix, just no clue as to when I'll eat it all :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Fcukin steam sale. I really, really could have done without adding €100 to my wallet. Grrrr

Start now. Your belly will thank you.

I've been so indulgent this Christmas. Good beer, I'm about to have a good whiskey, I'll have a good dinner later. I may also dance tonight. What'd make it perfect is if I found a good gig in Cork to settle into for the evening. There's a Led Zeppelin tribute band playing in The Crane Lane but **** the Benny Bars. No-one should own more than ten pubs in any one (small) city.

That much? Really? :eek: I set myself a budget of €20 and still only spent less than a tenner.

By the way, if you've not played Surgeon Simulator yet, do yourself a favour and nab it, it's freakin' hilarious! :pac:

So far, only got:

Super Meat Boy
    Mark of the Ninja
    Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Still holding out for Wolfenstein though ;)

• Advertisement

At home over Christmas I got to play my brothers XBox. I was playing a basketball game and had a blast. What makes me want one even more is my sister got me a lovely blanket as a Christmas present and I can just picture myself curled up all warm and cozy in our living room playing games on the tv.

My sister has her own blanket at home. Any time she's seen me with it draped over myselfshe's demanded it for herself. On Christmas eve I asked her if there was any blanket for me. My mother told me my sister reported into her and was cackling with glee when I asked that knowing she was giving me a blanket for Christmas the next morning.

At home over Christmas I got to play my brothers XBox. I was playing a basketball game and had a blast. What makes me want one even more is my sister got me a lovely blanket as a Christmas present and I can just picture myself curled up all warm and cozy in our living room playing games on the tv.

My sister has her own blanket at home. Any time she's seen me with it draped over myselfshe's demanded it for herself. On Christmas eve I asked her if there was any blanket for me. My mother told me my sister reported into her and was cackling with glee when I asked that knowing she was giving me a blanket for Christmas the next morning.

Oooh, cosy blanket, nice :D

So, I stayed up until 5am playing games last night, it was glorious! :D

I love doing that :P. So long as I dont have an early start!

I'm in a food coma again. All the leftover stuff needs to be used up haha.

I've got some stuffing, so I'm going to go to the shop, buy some bread, some chicken, and make sandwiches for dinner! :D

Been a bit quiet in here lately, how's everyone?

Grand! I'm off to London on Wednesday morning and I'm thinking about all the stuff I need to do before I go that'll probably be done in a mad rush tomorrow :O.

Just waking up from my food coma now. I need celebrations, but I'm not even hungry yet

Enjoy London Reiketsu! ;)

anyone doing much for new years?

• Advertisement

I honestly can't remember what my work hours are like (will find out tomorrow) but I think I'll drive back home (from Dublin to Cork) for it. For the last few years, my job was shift work and it was either have christmas or new years off, so I always chose christmas. Don't have that restriction any more.

Oh and 66% off Wolfenstein :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Links234 wrote: »
    anyone doing much for new years?

Most likely a few pints. Not sure where yet. Aught planned yourself?

I don't even know what I'm doing for new years yet, I've either a house party I can go to or can head over to my mum's, or I half want to stay at home. Undecided yet.
    Oh and 66% off Wolfenstein :)

I saw, and..... I was hoping it'd go cheaper than that. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Last of the leftovers went into a delicious stew for today (and the next few days!).

Not a clue what to do for New Years, always find it an awfully overrated night out though so may just box set it up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

P_1 wrote: »
    Last of the leftovers went into a delicious stew for today (and the next few days!).

Not a clue what to do for New Years, always find it an awfully overrated night out though so may just box set it up.

Also, I haven't got a sodding clue as to what I'm doing for New Years. My choices are probably just stay in Longford, or go to Galway.

One thing about going to my mum's for new years... more leftovers to take home :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Reiketsu wrote: »
    Grand! I'm off to London on Wednesday morning and I'm thinking about all the stuff I need to do before I go that'll probably be done in a mad rush tomorrow :O.
    All the cool kids are heading to London on Wednesday. 5pm flight for me...

All the cool kids are heading to London on Wednesday. 5pm flight for me...

Indeed :pac:. Have you any specific plans? I'm just off to Slimelight with a few friends :)

Woke up at 4am with a migraine and I'm only coming round now. A good start to my day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Going back after 10 days at home for the holidays! We have tickets for the NYE fireworks though.

Advertisement